advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Would you use Ubiquinol that is not Kaneka sourced?

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I've heard some say to ONLY use Ubiquinol/make sure the Ubiquinol you use is Kaneka. Does anyone have any knowledge or educated opinions on this?

Here are the reasons I ask. Being OCD about some things, I did some number crunching.

I have always gotten Jarrow 100mg 120cap for 39.99 online. That's 12,000mg of Ubiquinol.

People are always saying to go get stuff from Puritans Pride or Swanson because they are so cheap and blah blah blah (when you buy 3 or 5 at a time). What people don't realize is they only sell you 30 or 60 count bottles (instead of 100 or 120)...so when doing my calculations last night...you really don't get a deal at all.

Example:
Puritans Pride 60ct ubiquinol 100mg= x5(best deal) 30,000mg (139.95)
Swanson 60ct ubiquinol 100mg x5 30,000mg (114.95)

Generally, both these above companies offer 200mg versions of 30 caps...(still 30,000mg if you buy 5)....for 5 to 8 bucks cheaper....so 131.95 and 109.95.

36,000mg(3 x120ct) of Jarrow Ubiquinol that I was buying would be just under $120.00 and be 6,000mg more than either brand of the above mentioned.

By the way ALL of these are KANEKA.

---------------------------
Enter true nutrition. 100mg Ubiquinol 100 count...(10,000mg) and if you buy 5 bottles (equaling 50,000mg) you get it for 16.62x5(83.10).

83.10!!! For 50,000mg. The catch? It's not Kaneka sourced. I'm very surprised Jarrow can be had for a better deal than those companies where people seem to rave about their "deals" but.....I'm shocked how much Ubiquinol you can get from TN for that cheap. It makes me want to run 200-500mg a day for health as opposed to 100(off) and 200(on).

Sorry for being anal but I hope someone finds this as interesting as I did. Hopefully all my calculations are correct.

Last edited:
Funny you asked this because I was thinking the same thing yesterday. It is definitely cheaper to get non Kanaka, but, like you, do not know if it good enough.

Im guessing Dante is the man to ask and maybe Mike Arnold (Not putting you down Mike just didn't know if you were into this supplement or not).

Well you know I'm glad you asked. Piping Rock sells it for cheap without Kaneka. Google doesn't even seem to have the answer.

Sure it's better, but 400mg non is way better than 100. :)

I'm not going to buy no PIPING ROCK shit. This is Dante and True Nutrition. His integrity and product quality are very important and he might have an inside line on top quality ubiquinol. Just a thought..hope he sees this.

I take 400mg when on 200 cruise of TP ubiqinol. My energy and blood pressure are much better than from 100-200mg Jarrow.

I personally just don't trust anything that isn't Kaneka. I am a firm believer in that you get what you pay for and gladly pay more to ensure quality. I use Healthy Origins and buy the large size.

I'm not going to buy no PIPING ROCK shit. This is Dante and True Nutrition. His integrity and product quality are very important and he might have an inside line on top quality ubiquinol. Just a thought..hope he sees this.

I'd like to know as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I take 400mg when on 200 cruise of TP ubiqinol. My energy and blood pressure are much better than from 100-200mg Jarrow.
Very interesting..

I always presumed it was actual coq10 and not ubiquinol on TN'S site until several months ago Dante confirmed it was ubiquinol. It boggles my mind that they advertise it/categorize it as coq10 only. The description does mention it is ubiquinol but I am not sure it always did. Either way, that's a damn good price if it's quality ubiquinol and accurately dosed. What the hell could be so much better about Kaneka?

I always presumed it was actual coq10 and not ubiquinol on TN'S site until several months ago Dante confirmed it was ubiquinol. It boggles my mind that they advertise it/categorize it as coq10 only. The description does mention it is ubiquinol but I am not sure it always did. Either way, that's a damn good price if it's quality ubiquinol and accurately dosed. What the hell could be so much better about Kaneka?

When a product brand becomes standard. Then everything else is compared to it.

Also some of the ubiqunol could be manufactured by them and but the company has chose not to pay the royalties for the name.

Is it really better to get 100-200mg of ubiquinol a day versus 600-700mg of regular coq10 spaced out over the day? Who knows? That is how much I get a day with my various formulas and multi complex. As such, I haven't bothered to add in extra ubiquinol. Coq10 is so cheap in comparison, why not just take triple of it? Reminds me of the ALA v. R-ALA situation.

Thoughts?

Is it really better to get 100-200mg of ubiquinol a day versus 600-700mg of regular coq10 spaced out over the day? Who knows? That is how much I get a day with my various formulas and multi complex. As such, I haven't bothered to add in extra ubiquinol. Coq10 is so cheap in comparison, why not just take triple of it? Reminds me of the ALA v. R-ALA situation.

Thoughts?
Why would you use something you know is inferior and is proven to not be converted as you age? Some studies show ubiquinol to be 8x more efficient and it is what your body needs in the first place. Seems like a no brainer to me unless someone is under 25...and let's be honest, very few that young are spending money on or caring about their health.

Ask yourself this...why does tn sell ubiquinol and not coq10(ubiquinone)as well? I honestly think anyone using regular coq10 past the age of 25 or 30 when they know what is out there that is superior is being cheap and or ignorant.

Don't take this the wrong way cuz I like you bro....but you are not the kinda member/poster that I would expect this from. As far as the ala/r-ala goes....I think it is a different story. 99.9% of the research on ala out there is on ALA, not any of the new salts. Not only that, but R-ala degrades into a gel very quickly....so, to me...it is out of the question. Just use more ALA. An argument could be made for Na-Rla(or Na r-ala) but most of us would not notice any sort of benefit I would bet.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

I'm not even sure 1000mg of coq10 daily would match 200mg ubiquinol from the studies I have seen

I am finding all sorts of shit on Google that is perplexing to me.

One site says that Ubiquinol entered the market in 2006 when Kaneka, now the exclusive worldwide supplier, discovered how to stabilize the ingredient.

Another site says there are 3 methods of making Ubiquinol.
A yeast fermentation method
A fermentation process using bacteria
A synthetic method that uses solanesol derived from tobacco

Kaneka Q10TM(???) is the worlds only yeast fermented coq10. It is the recognized industry standard, with the highest purity and it is the most bio-identical to what humans produce in vivo.

**broken link removed**

Why would you use something you know is inferior and is proven to not be converted as you age? Some studies show ubiquinol to be 8x more efficient and it is what your body needs in the first place. Seems like a no brainer to me unless someone is under 25...and let's be honest, very few that young are spending money on or caring about their health.

Ask yourself this...why does tn sell ubiquinol and not coq10(ubiquinone)as well? I honestly think anyone using regular coq10 past the age of 25 or 30 when they know what is out there that is superior is being cheap and or ignorant.

Don't take this the wrong way cuz I like you bro....but you are not the kinda member/poster that I would expect this from. As far as the ala/r-ala goes....I think it is a different story. 99.9% of the research on ala out there is on ALA, not any of the new salts. Not only that, but R-ala degrades into a gel very quickly....so, to me...it is out of the question. Just use more ALA. An argument could be made for Na-Rla(or Na r-ala) but most of us would not notice any sort of benefit I would bet.

All good points. I don't refute any of that. I just sort of avoided spending the money since I was getting so much coq10 already. I was proposing the question moreso than stating I think dosing more coq10 negates using ubiquinol. I've been on the fence about it for a bit because of the amount of coq10 I was getting.

Pretty interested to know how TN is sourcing ubiquinol for so much cheaper (apparently). Don't see anyone else doing that (not even Swanson or vitacost). My understanding was it had to be licensed kaneka as they have the market cornered on that. If it's all kosher and legit, I'd definitely buy it from him.

Last edited:
All good points. I don't refute any of that. I just sort of avoided spending the money since I was getting so much coq10 already. I was proposing the question moreso than stating I think dosing more coq10 negates using ubiquinol. I've been on the fence about it for a bit because of the amount of coq10 I was getting.

Pretty interested to know how TN is sourcing ubiquinol for so much cheaper (apparently). Don't see anyone else doing that (not even Swanson or vitacost). If it's all kosher and legit, I'd definitely buy it from him.

I think many of us including myself are on the verge once we get input from Dante or others on it not being Kaneka. I should get commissioned for this ;).

I'm one of those ignorant ones who didn't know there even was a difference. I'm thankful for this thread and also looking forward to the answer since I also prefer to support TN. Knight9, your OCD is much appreciated here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner