over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

you know it's january when...

phreak

Registered
i don't know how many of you guys get annoyed as i do by the new year's resolution fuckheads, but this year has been particularly brutal at my gym. i have been forced to train late at night, when most of the yahoos have cleared out of the place. it's been so slammed with douchebags that you can barely move...

anyways i've noticed some paricularly funny things this year, much moreso than in the past, so i thought i would start a thread with some telltale signs of my least favorite month of the year.

i'll start and provide a few more; feel free to add anything you usually notice;

you know it's january when:

you see some douche putting collars on the smith machine

you know it's january when

you are assaulted by the smell of hair gel when you walk into the place

people are stopping in the middle of their sets to answer their cell phones

you can't get in the squat rack because two frat boys are doing curls

you are the only person in the place with sleeves on your t-shirt

phreak said:
you know it's january when:

you see some douche putting collars on the smith machine

|--[\\\]>------- man, i never thought of this, and i've seen it b4, it's even funnier thinking aobut it! LOL

|--[\\\]>--------- i make a SHIT load of $ in commisions from all the gym memberships my club sells!

Guys, I run a gym and notice this alot, but have you ever stopped to look at the people who actually do stick with it? Granted 90% of them will drop out and go back to being fat, lazy and unproductive, but in my mind it is worth it for the 10% who stay and incorporate fitness into there lives longterm. A months inconvenience is a small price to pay for converting more of the population to a more healthy lifestyle.

everyone starts somewhere

(at least i try to tell myself that while waiting for equipment all month)

DIEZEL666 said:
Guys, I run a gym and notice this alot, but have you ever stopped to look at the people who actually do stick with it? Granted 90% of them will drop out and go back to being fat, lazy and unproductive, but in my mind it is worth it for the 10% who stay and incorporate fitness into there lives longterm. A months inconvenience is a small price to pay for converting more of the population to a more healthy lifestyle.

this is a good point, and i actually don't have a problem with those who are looking to improve their health, mainly because like you said, they will be gone by february. and, if someone sticks with it then i have no problem with them being there and i will happliy share/wait on equipment.

my beef is with the frat boys and bankers who want to look good for spring break- these twats could give a rats ass about health, fitness, or the theology of weight training. these are the assholes taking up all the flat benches and squat racks so they can work on their chest, abs and bis for 2 hours a day. these are the assholes on their cell phones, getting hair gel on the bench, and using up the collars on the smith machine. these are the idiots who sign up for MTV's "True Life: I'm On Steroids"

i hate them even more because they will be here through march, so i have three months of these twats to contend with.

who the fuck rips the sleeves out of their t-shirts when they have 15 inch arms? :confused:

Last edited:
ok - i just came from the gym

i take back what i said. get em all out of there :D

oddly enough - i had never seen collars on the smith before but today, after reading this, i come to find collars on the smith!! :eek:

ncsports said:
ok - i just came from the gym

i take back what i said. get em all out of there :D

oddly enough - i had never seen collars on the smith before but today, after reading this, i come to find collars on the smith!! :eek:

:D

awesome

phreak said:
my beef is with the frat boys and bankers who want to look good for spring break- these twats could give a rats ass about health, fitness, or the theology of weight training. these are the assholes taking up all the flat benches and squat racks so they can work on their chest, abs and bis for 2 hours a day. these are the assholes on their cell phones, getting hair gel on the bench, and using up the collars on the smith machine. these are the idiots who sign up for MTV's "True Life: I'm On Steroids"

Frat boys are in a category all there own. I really can't even put a positive spin on anything they do and they annoy me to all end. I can't count the number of times a day one of them asks me "Hey bro, what's the best thing I can do to get a sixpack?" I started telling all of them that getting hit in the stomach hard and repeatedly would bring out your abs like nothing else. I always say "Look at a cage fighter or kickbocker. Those guys take hundreds of blows on there abs and they have six packs from hell. The best thing you can do is to get someone to hit you hard in the gut 50-100 times everyday" It's hilarious to see these guys in the aerobics room hitting each other.

DIEZEL666 said:
Frat boys are in a category all there own. I really can't even put a positive spin on anything they do and they annoy me to all end. I can't count the number of times a day one of them asks me "Hey bro, what's the best thing I can do to get a sixpack?" I started telling all of them that getting hit in the stomach hard and repeatedly would bring out your abs like nothing else. I always say "Look at a cage fighter or kickbocker. Those guys take hundreds of blows on there abs and they have six packs from hell. The best thing you can do is to get someone to hit you hard in the gut 50-100 times everyday" It's hilarious to see these guys in the aerobics room hitting each other.

:D brilliant

i'll have to remember that

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear