over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

NAD,NMN, Reservtrol, Metaformin, etc

Prada

Registered
I was first introduced to the biologist Dr. David Sinclair on Rogans podcast. He's been on twice at least and I just finished reading his book, Lifespan.
The research and knowledge is fascinating. Im curious if any of you have experimented with any of the aforementioned supplements or combination of? What was your experience/feedback?

I started growing younger...the stuff is simply amazing. On a serious note, is the book any good?

There isn’t enough evidence to suggest that oral NAD/NMN warrants the gigantic price tag. I need a lot more data before I’d consider that one. I’d look more in Rapamycin, glucosamine, Metformin, white willow bark, etc as potential life extenders

They keep shitting on Metformin on JRE. That Dr. Sinclair guy pushes it but Joe keeps talking about Dr. Rhonda Patrick and Ben Greenfield saying they don’t recommend it due to the negative effects on performance.

Last edited:
Performance and health don't walk hand in hand. They are often in contradiction of each other. People get to decide which they would like more. I always wanted to perform as well as I could for as long as I could, so sometimes I didn't take those things that I thought would shave to many years off.

Last edited:
Performance and health don't walk hand in hand. They are often in contradiction of each other. People get to decide which they would like more. I always wanted to perform as well as I could for as long as I could, so sometimes I didn't take those things that I thought would shave to many years off.
Valid point for sure. Not many things that increase performance significantly increase health markers.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

I don't really care what they say about the negative when it comes to Metformin. It's something that has far too many health benefits in my opinion. I'm lucky in that it doesn't affect my stomach.

I used to buy NAD/MNM for a while, but honestly that was a waste of money in my eyes. If I had an unlimited amount of cash, I would keep taking taking them, but I don't.

Yes I think one of the issues with these drugs is that you don't necessarily see the benefits or tangible ones right away. So it may stop the regression but how long would to take until you say "hmmm something is going on"? If ever? Having said that they do say that some reversal is possible.
Also as eluded Im not referring to PED but now 39 Im already starting to feel Im not the same, as in strength in decreasing, libido too, recovery as well, etc. It would be great if I could "freeze" what I can do now for.........ever? I train in the morning and I see many seniors, they often tell me yeah back in the day I was benching 360lbs, etc. When I look at them it seems incredible. They look like crap, with all due respect but again they're 60-80 years old. If I can look like a 40 yr old at 70 that would be great. Look and feel that is. Finally one his main premises is that aging is a decease and politicians as well as the health industry needs treat it like one.

I am reading into NMN and it interests me. Which bloodvalues can tell you whether it works or not?
Im suffering from long thoracic nerve damage (paralised ser. anterior as result) and i wonder if it could regrow the nerve faster than the two years the doctors predict.

Another question:
All the stuff (how does the body utilities the food, how does the brain work, how does your skin looks like) is an impact of hormones (or not?)
So why don't use HGH, or antidepressants, Testosteron (HCG) to increase it?
Are not just the hormones responsible for it, like that the cells getting older and so on?

I hate to say it bc it conflicts w so many things we bodybuilders espouse, but many of the pillars of longevity are largely based on ...

-Fasting; often times, days at a time not just TRF/IF
-Calorie restriction; again, often times, extreme reductions
-Reducing some catalysts anabolism/protein synthesis/growth-signaling pathways (mTOR, Protein, Leucine, rHGH, AAS, insulin (carbs), etc)

Resveratrol has been debunked - in terms of anti-aging - and NAD/NMN is scam per Peter Attia

I hate to say it bc it conflicts w so many things we bodybuilders espouse, but many of the pillars of longevity are largely based on ...

-Fasting; often times, days at a time not just TRF/IF
-Calorie restriction; again, often times, extreme reductions
-Reducing some catalysts anabolism/protein synthesis/growth-signaling pathways (mTOR, Protein, Leucine, rHGH, AAS, insulin (carbs), etc)
I guess its safe to say we gathered the same information. You are so right.
As a matter of fact i am in my 4th day of a 5 day fast. Water and tea only. My first ever. So far i thought it would be harder. Must be a mindset thing.
Anyway, i thought nmn was merely another tool in the box when it comes to be forever young haha.
Tomorrow late afternoon im gonna do bloodwork to check what effect it had.
After that, regaining the weight i lost with some nice plates of food

I agree that longevity and huge muscles kind of contradicts each other.

It hard to have a happy medium of the 2. I do try and stay on metformin most of the year, I also try and spend most of my offseason keto and fasting for long periods of time but its hard for me to give up the muscle suite and thus revert back to muscle building priorities.

You can't be a pickle and a cucumber.

Resveratrol has been debunked - in terms of anti-aging - and NAD/NMN is scam per Peter Attia

how so for res?

resveratrol is one of the strangest compounds i have ever used and like professional lab rat.

in terms of research res has not been shown conclusively to activate sirtuin 1 while ptero has. but in real world use ptero and res are very different with res being far better in terms of noticable results.

then again idk anyone who has used as much as i have so.. whos to really say. lol

Can you post the study or research showing this (resveratrol)?

There has been a bunch of research showing the benefits.

Here is one - but just good resveratrol and debunked - it might benefit ur pet mouse though

Testing Resveratrol: Mice vs. People
Specifically, combining resveratrol with athletic training abolished the reduction in blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglycerides normally associated with training; had a more arterial-constricting effect than a dilating effect; “and led to a significantly lower increase in the training-induced increase in maximal oxygen uptake.”

Rodents on resveratrol get enhanced exercise performance, but, in people, the resveratrol induced a 45 percent lower increase in maximum aerobic capacity compared with those taking a sugar pill. The human subjects were working out like crazy, and the resveratrol undercut their efforts.

This raises a larger issue. Mouse models are a cornerstone of modern biomedical research, and yet systematic studies as to their usefulness are rarely done. Consider this: nearly 150 human clinical trials testing anti-inflammatory drugs have failed—without exception—after those same drugs had shown promise in trials on mice. In analyzing the carry-over from the mouse trials to the human trials, researchers determined that “[t]he result was surprising, almost shocking: the correlation was not only poor, it was virtually absent for the main study areas: burns, trauma, endotoxemia.” It turns out, for example, that mice may be up to a million times less sensitive to inflammatory endotoxins than humans.

I agree that longevity and huge muscles kind of contradicts each other.

It hard to have a happy medium of the 2. I do try and stay on metformin most of the year, I also try and spend most of my offseason keto and fasting for long periods of time but its hard for me to give up the muscle suite and thus revert back to muscle building priorities.

Agree. They contradict but it makes logical sense for bodybuilders to take every anti aging precaution necessary at the same time due to the dangerous nature of the sport/hobby.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws