advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite ways to use LBAs? Protein Soup?

DrivingForward

Registered
I ordered some stuff from True Protein, I'm pretty happy!

So far I've found the best way for me to take LBA's is to mix 3-4 table spoons into my morning whey shake.

The Chocolate is unbelievably chocolate like! This stuff is a hell of alot like Nestle Qwik or Hersheys syrup- makes this crappy EAS protein blend taste MUCH more chocolatey-- but alittle thick for some people.

The Limeade is surprisingly good, and I actually enjoy the flavor more than chocolate. I wish it were more sour... I'm trying to think of a way to mix it to take advantage of its good flavor.

TP's flavor chemist did a damn good job on LBA's-- although I'm still not sure what to think of the protein soup.

I ordered French Onion Broth protein soup (I know... french onion?!? But I love French Onion soup... especially in a crock topped with mozzarella)

The soup has a weird aftertaste (One guy had warned me) that is hard to cover... I tried mixing it with a pack from some similarly flavored Ramon noodles, but the aftertaste wont be covered! Anyone have any ideas?

The taste on the front of the tongue is very very good. The aftertaste on the back of the tongue is very bitter.

lbas are my main protein source, i use them mixed with coffee, or just by them selves as protein apart of my meals

LBA's on a rice cake, white rice, oatmeal, protein shake, coffee and straight of the spoon!

Favorite way to use Chocolate LBAs: mix a few tablespoons into a cup of greek yogurt :D . Or, when I really want to cheat, I mix a packet or 2 of oatmeal with 6-8 tablespoons of choc LBAs, some milk, and natty pb.. let it sit in the fridge overnight and eat it in the morning... WOW!!

ya i bought the french onion soup too and the after tastes is pretty bad, almost un tolerable for me. unless it is luke warm and i just gulp it but in that case i would rather just drink a shake of good tasting whey. i am now wondering if all the soups taste like shit?? i wanted to deff try the chicken one but now im nervous.

Already contemplating the summer season here at work and my limited ability to eat whole foods consistantly during most of the week, ill be using LBA's as a staple in most meals. Ive decided that although id love to be ableto eat whole food meals all day at work it just isnt feasable. So heres the plan.

Whole foods whenever i have the chance, this will probably give me at least 2 whole food meals a day 5 days a week. then for the times when i cant eat.
5 tbsp LBA, 60G WPI, 4 OZ coconut milk, 6 OZ whole milk, various fruits.

pre and post workout shakes will remain the same being WPI creatine and glutamine.

any thoughts?

ya i bought the french onion soup too and the after tastes is pretty bad, almost un tolerable for me. unless it is luke warm and i just gulp it but in that case i would rather just drink a shake of good tasting whey. i am now wondering if all the soups taste like shit?? i wanted to deff try the chicken one but now im nervous.

I'm wondering the same thing myself.

I'd order the beef or the chicken flavored soup-- but the aftertaste would have to be different.

smoothies!!

ALL in a blender:
frozen strawberries
frozen peaches
some orange juice
maybe a banana
and TONS of vanilla LBAs.

One of the best things ive every tasted!

I normally take my LBA's and line them up on the kitchen counter. I then retreat to my bedroom and pull out the roll of $1 bills I hide there for when I go to the titty bar. I then return to the kitchen and shower the LBA's with $1's...."make it rain" so to speak. That's the best way I've found to use them so far...it's fairly amusing.

I drink chocolate LBAs straight out of the bottle. DELICIOUS!

As for the Roasted Chicken protein broth, I bought a tub myself. I have not tried it yet, but I will today and I'll post in this thread and let you guys know if there is any aftertaste or any other negative qualities you should be aware of.

I normally take my LBA's and line them up on the kitchen counter. I then retreat to my bedroom and pull out the roll of $1 bills I hide there for when I go to the titty bar. I then return to the kitchen and shower the LBA's with $1's...."make it rain" so to speak. That's the best way I've found to use them so far...it's fairly amusing.

bwahahahaha excellent

Ugh. Sorry to say this, but this Roasted Chicken broth is disgusting in my opinion. There was a lot of clumps that I had to strain out, and after that I tried it and the taste was just ehh....

And yeah there was definitely an aftertaste. I didn't even finish half. My mouth tastes like a hobo's pocket. Good thing I didn't buy more than one tub or I'd be out a lot of dough.

EDIT: Oh and by the way I used one full scoop in 8 oz. of water, as the directions said.

Last edited:
This is the toughest thing about the supplement market......everyone wants things to taste like boston creme pie or strawberry poptarts and its just simply impossible.

Case in point. We have a supplement called Buzzsaw....that supplement jacks people up...its is very potent...it does exactly what its supposed to do....yet it tastes like ass of rat....there is nothing we can do to get that product to taste "yummy" without taking out the potent ingredients (which alot of our competitors do)...but we refuse to.

For every guy who says they love LBA's we get emails saying "yeck these things are too sweet!".....and we cant do anything about that....thats because of the glycerine...and its thicker because we purposely put more protein in these than anyone elses.

The soups....some guys love them especially the chicken and beef soups, some people hate them....its very hard to make something taste like Campbells soup out of can which is junk nutritious wise and actually make it from beef protein isolate, egg white, micellar protiens and all organic materials (which our soups are).

We make our protein powders the same for everyone....depending on what isolate you use (Ion, cold fil, cross flow, ultra, micro) you are going to get a different taste and consistency from each one. But lets use cold fil for instance which is our most popular isolate across the board......a hundred guys could order chocolate or orange cream and 80 will love it to death-their absolute favorite of all time, 10 will say "oh my god way too sweet, you guys need to cut back the flavor!" and 10 guys will say "oh my god, I cant even taste the flavor, you guys need to double the flavor/sweetener!"

We try to do our very best but it really is thousands upon thousands of different likes and dislikes of customers palates we are dealing with.

We made protein otterpops a few months back and were going to offer that but I felt more people wouldnt like the aftertaste than not and it wasnt worth it. It was great protien but had an aftertaste....its very very difficult to make popsicles out of a non agglomerated protein powder rather than water and sugar.

So I keep trying different things. We looked into protein bread but I didnt like the expiration process of that. Ive been working on cocoa krispies whey cereal for years but we have never been able to solve the aftermath problem....it tastes just like cocoa krispies or chocolate flavored rice crispies going in but then after a few chews gets kind of pasty and gummy.....and Ive never come out with it because of that...until we get it tweaked right.

I have some other things coming down the pike that are coming to the market...but I will be the first to admit, I cannot please everyone, and its extremely difficult to make something out of supplements and proteins and organic materials that tastes just like something in a grocery store that is probably not very good for you to eat anyway.

We are trying but Im not going to hit a homerun across the board with every project. Last week there was a guy who loved the chicken soup, this week some guys hate it.....i think the best way to go is get the completed MRP soups with the organic materials (noodles etc) those seem to be a hit unless you want to add in your own veggies and mix....I will keep trying my best.

Yeah that guy last week loved the Roasted Chicken broth. His thread was actually the reason I ordered it. Oh well. Had to try for myself.

Anyways, thanks for the post. I still love what you do and I hope you keep pumping out the innovative products.

But do you recommend anything to add the the beef and/or chicken soup to make it more palatable? I could barely finish a quarter of the chicken broth. My gf suggested adding chives, which I might try. I'd rather not throw away both tubs...

SOUPS

Use the soups as a base.......add what ever you like but I like them plain.........in this bodybuilding world they are a godsend.......things are not supposed to taste good.......but these do

Soups

I havent tried these yet, but monday ill order a few different flavors and play with some recipies. im thinking a super high protien beef stew, maybe a chicken and brown rice soup, and possibly some kind of bisque or chowder.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131