over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mobile Phones In The Gym??????

Doesn't really bother me unless someone is sitting on a piece of equipment and using their phone, but then I just ask them to move. I'm usually not concerned with my surroundings while lifting (unless its a sexy female), and I have been known to play on my phone between squat sets.

Somebody posted a video of Guy Cisternino last week and it shows him go through his whole workout with a bluetooth headset in....gotta say, the headsets scream "I'm a douchebag!"

I hate it!! That being said have my own business. I train mid day. So my phone goes with me. It's on vibtrate and I don't answer it unless it necessary. When I do answer it i will go to outside or away from everyone. Just common courtesy! Goes along with re-racking your wieghts:banghead:

Can't stand mobiles, papers, magazines in the gym. Or dudes hanging off their girlfriends, making out in the rack between sets. Weak, Dude. So very fucking weak...

I don't like it all. My gym doesn't have a policy on it. You should be focusing on what you're doing.

Doesn't really bother me unless someone is sitting on a piece of equipment and using their phone, but then I just ask them to move. I'm usually not concerned with my surroundings while lifting (unless its a sexy female), and I have been known to play on my phone between squat sets.

pretty much this.

What is is the average rest time for someone. 30 seconds to what maybe 3-4 min after a brutally heavy squat or DL Set. I fail to see how sending a txt off during rest time in between sets is a big deal. Not hurting my performance, not hurting anyone else and everyone rest between sets. If you can txt and then zone back in and perform 100% on the next set then who gives a shit. Sounds like far too many of you are worried about what others are doing at the the gym.

pretty much this.

What is is the average rest time for someone. 30 seconds to what maybe 3-4 min after a brutally heavy squat or DL Set. I fail to see how sending a txt off during rest time in between sets is a big deal. Not hurting my performance, not hurting anyone else and everyone rest between sets. If you can txt and then zone back in and perform 100% on the next set then who gives a shit. Sounds like far too many of you are worried about what others are doing at the the gym.

last time i checked i have never seen cutler or ronnie or any pro with a phone in there hand:D. i guess its just a thing that bugs me. seing a grown man who is trying to train hard texting between sets. its a rule in the big dog hand book, rule number 3:)

pretty much this.

i agree, just like i dont give a shit if someone is curling in the squat rack lol. they arent effecting me or my workout.

last time i checked i have never seen cutler or ronnie or any pro with a phone in there hand:D. i guess its just a thing that bugs me. seing a grown man who is trying to train hard texting between sets. its a rule in the big dog hand book, rule number 3:)

and you've seen how many of them training outside of videos? Down in TX i've seen big guys many of them who do well on the NPC national level do it. To each his own, but for another grown man to be worried about another man texting during a rest period is much more of a problem, IMO

I have my iphone with me because I use it to listen to music. If someone calls me during my workout, I ignore it and call them back after my protein shake or send a quick text saying im at the gym

One time, some kid was on his cell phone while sitting at the bench press for almost 10 minutes. Everyone in the gym was getting annoyed, so I went up to him and asked "Do you mind going in the staircase to use your phone? It is extremely distracting." They kid immediately told the person on the phone he had to go and apologized. The nature of the conversation was about where they were going to pre-game later that night

and you've seen how many of them training outside of videos? Down in TX i've seen big guys many of them who do well on the NPC national level do it. To each his own, but for another grown man to be worried about another man texting during a rest period is much more of a problem, IMO

lol very true

Unfortunately I have become one of these tools. But my phone contains my workout log and my music.... I do not use it for calls or texts while training though.

What's your take on mobile phone usage in the gym?

I accept they are part of our everyday lives, but find their usage in the gym to be highly inappropriate. One gym I used to train at many years ago banned usage in the gym altogether. Unnecessary texting and phonecalls are annoying at the best of times, let alone whilst training. I can zone out bad music & idiots but my skills stop short at this one. Sometimes it can provide great entertainment though - watched one arm shoulder press being performed on the smith machine the other day, whilst this guy was talking to mummy!

Does your gym have a policy/rule on this?

I use mine for music and the stopwatch in the gym. I NEVER talk or text while training.

I need mine being in health care. If i have a call that i have to answer i
take it into lobby or locker room.

My gym has signs up saying "No Cell Phones"...but people are using theirs all the time right under that sign. I've been meaning to take a picture of someone on their phone under that sign...with the camera in my cell phone, of course. ;)

Normally, I just tune it out. A couple of weeks ago, though, the gym was completely empty, and some a$$hole leaned against the machine directly behind me, talking loudly on his phone...even started checking himself out in the mirror while doing stretches...the mirror in front of me on a heavy squat day. Seriously!?!? Not sure if he was trying to impress me that he could talk on a cell phone...or impress the person he was talking to that he was in the gym. It was pathetic. :banghead:

Can't say it really bothers me when people txt/talk during the workout, though I can see why it would bother some....

You can tell the differance between

#1 somebody that goes in and trains for an hour hard

Then there are guys & girls that go in and workout half-ass for 2hrs and talk, text, etc. It shows Physically...

Some personal trainer at my gym is always on his phone. Even while training his clients. I walked by him the other day, glance at his phone and it's facebook. How do people put up with that? If he was training me, I would be pissed.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131