over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cheap protein

ajdonutz

Kilo Klub Member
Curious what kind of cheap high protein food sources you guys have found? I recently discovered the small whole chickens at wal mart for 97 cents a lb with 19g protrin per 4 oz.. not too bad, high fat but not bad.. anyone have any good ones?

for me it's eggs, I get a couple dozen a week free from my parents.

but all in all I'd probably say chicken breast , I've gotten them at Walmart for $1.69 a pound for boneless/skinless and several store in town put regular split breast on sale for $.89 a pound

Best off buying boneless skinless chicken breasts when they are on sale. Around here the fresh Tyson stuff will go on sale for 1.79- 1.99 per pound and I but about 10 big family packs of it and put it in a full size freezer for later. Stock up when they are on sale and then you never buy it full price. Full price, groceries sell them for like 2.99-3.99 per pound when not on sale.

Curious what kind of cheap high protein food sources you guys have found? I recently discovered the small whole chickens at wal mart for 97 cents a lb with 19g protrin per 4 oz.. not too bad, high fat but not bad.. anyone have any good ones?

You can usually find bone-in chicken breast for the same price. I buy a few packs at a time, remove the filet from the bone with one cut, toss filets in a freezer bag and then into the freezer.

Chuck and Top round meats are good choices too. Great for stews and pot roast and even light stir frys if you marinate it long enough.

If your brave you can go to the manager special section. They have meats and other produce that needs to be eaten in a day, but it is cheap as you'll find.

I used to buy pork chops at the market, but recently saw costco had pork tenderloin whole. Its almost 3-4x cheaper buying it there and cutting your own pork chops.

I used to buy pork chops at the market, but recently saw costco had pork tenderloin whole. Its almost 3-4x cheaper buying it there and cutting your own pork chops.

How much is it? And yeah i eat a lb of chicken breast every day and 6 whole egga everyday as well as turkey burger, some lunch meat, protein powder, etc, just tryinf to find dirt cheap add ins for when my calorie requirements to grow get outta control. Lol

idk where you live but google wholesalers in your area(or close to you). Wholesalers do boneless, skinless chicken breasts for really cheap.

BEST THING TO DO:

Find a friend that works for tyson....Lets just say they might treat their animals like crap but when you see their employee discount you'll dokie in your pants.

Asian Markets

99 Ranch

I can walk in there any day of the week and buy boneless skinless breasts for ~$1.39 a lb

filet mignon for $5.95 a lb

Seriously, when you want meat. There are no better prices than your local Asian market.

Ohh yeah, and a 25lb sac of Jasmine rice for $15 =) yum!

Oh the joys of living in a small town with none of those perks lol

How much is it? And yeah i eat a lb of chicken breast every day and 6 whole egga everyday as well as turkey burger, some lunch meat, protein powder, etc, just tryinf to find dirt cheap add ins for when my calorie requirements to grow get outta control. Lol

Last time i was there, its was around 1.99lb

99 Ranch

I can walk in there any day of the week and buy boneless skinless breasts for ~$1.39 a lb

Seriously, when you want meat. There are no better prices than your local Asian market.

I don't ruin it for you, but I have a vietnamese friend who once told me its a bad place to get meat. They continue to sell it beyond the time it expires. This is all hear say from a friend, but i know that most asians are thifty and hate throwing stuff away so I wouldn't doubt some do it.

Last edited:
half gallon container of 80% whey protein at work. $2 refills

99 Ranch

Now there are some good prices! Im gonna look to see if we have one near us, I dont think we do though.

I don't ruin it for you, but I have a vietnamese friend who once told me its a bad place to get meat. They continue to sell it beyond the time it expires. This is all hear say from a friend, but i know that most asians are thifty and hate throwing stuff away so I wouldn't doubt some do it.

:eek:

All boils down to the unofficial ProMuscle Rule #1:
Trust your source....

I'm not talking about a little hole in the wall mom-n-pops PangWang Meat Market.

The market I go to is like a HEB but everything is in Chinese with some occasional English Subtitles ;) This place is 100% clean and very nice. Aquariums full of live fish that you can pick yourself to buy.

Besides, that's what good spices and a little extra cooking heat is for ;)

I buy about 20lbs-50lbs of meat at a time when I go out, I have a deep freeze in the garage that I immediately throw all packs (except the one I'll cook for that day) into. Day when I get home from school I go out and grab another pack and toss into the sink for it to defrost by the next morning. Cook all meat at once and repeat daily.

Last edited:
Eggs and chicken breasts are the cheapest for me. I have also found that a local Shop-Rite marks down it's ground beef to half price every night at 7pm. They grind the meat fresh daily and anything left over at the end of the day gets the markdown, so it's a great way to get 93% lean beef pretty cheap.

Some of the best meat i ever had was when i was young and was realy cheap , now it probably the most expensive stuff i eat.

Wild game , growing up we had limited income and alot of our meat was cought or killed , unfortunatly alot of what was killed was killed out of season but damn was it good and cheap!! Now days by the time i pay my dues for hunting club , plant food plots , make the trips to hunt take time off work and all that shit deer me runs about $900 a pound:eek:

Some guys could look into buying a whole cow or whole hog , if you get several people in on it the cost isint that bad.

Also check with hunters , in most of the US wild pigs are a nuisance and killed just to be disposed of , this meat is generaly very good and healthier than store bought pork

Chicken breast for me, i pay about £27 for 5 kg (about $4 per lb in American money) in the uk that's good believe it or not, that's why you never see us talk about grass fed beef and organic eggs and shit, you need a second mortgage to buy them. Gh is cheaper than food in uk. Jink food is cheap hear, why we got so many fat people

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Chicken breast for me, i pay about £27 for 5 kg (about $4 per lb in American money) in the uk that's good believe it or not, that's why you never see us talk about grass fed beef and organic eggs and shit, you need a second mortgage to buy them. Gh is cheaper than food in uk. Jink food is cheap hear, why we got so many fat people

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

makro have 5kg of chicken breast for £20, its alot cheaper than costco, when i go i get 20kg, do you have a makro card?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Neuro1234
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131