over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

5 NON LIFTING facts about YOU

LOL, that's awesome and I'm going to try that. I love to hear all these fixes for the little problems. Here's a big one I always have. Why the F**K do they always make the zippers so small? Your hands are freezing even after a few seconds of exposure and you're not zipping up your parka with mittens... what the hell? The jackets are over 500 dollars with some great innovations - gortex, pitzips, removable hoods, dual top and bottom zips. Not once did anyone think, "hey... maybe some oversized zips for cold hands?"

I know what you mean, I've fed zipties though the small hole in the zipper handle so its easier to pull with gloves on. Ive seen some tabs at the Fly Shop that serve this porpoise recently. But still doesn't solve the puting the first tab in to join the sides.

I know what you mean, I've fed zipties though the small hole in the zipper handle so its easier to pull with gloves on. Ive seen some tabs at the Fly Shop that serve this porpoise recently. But still doesn't solve the puting the first tab in to join the sides.
Getting it in the little track is the hardest part. I would hang a keychain thermometer or something from the tab (one of those little REI jobs). So funny to me LOL! Cold fingers just don't work.

I looked up some things since I was questioning my IQ results.

The Mensa tests are universal around the world and they were the same 20 years ago. So my results are correct.

The only reason why there are so many "geniuses" posting is because USA wants to make everyone there feel better. Just like US fat chicks can wear smaller number sized clothes to feel better. What you have as size Zero, it's 6 in the rest of the world. Your size 6 is a 12 here.

You guys are the ones that give your kids trophies even if they lose competitions, because "there are no losers" and you don't want to hurt their feelings :rolleyes:

In the US, 135 IQ is considered genius and eligible for gifted programs? Here, if you are not 160+, no one even looks at you. I stand by my analysis that my 184 score is not that great, as there are many more people way smarter than me. Look at the links that Pesty posted.

I clearly remember reading that Hawking was much higher than 200. It was a long time ago though, but I have trouble believing that he was only 160.
Einstein on the other hand, I believe it, as he was a fraud for the most part. He was only good at selling/promoting himself.

The Mensa tests are universal around the world and they were the same 20 years ago. So my results are correct.

The only reason why there are so many "geniuses" posting is because USA wants to make everyone there feel better. Just like US fat chicks can wear smaller number sized clothes to feel better. What you have as size Zero, it's 6 in the rest of the world. Your size 6 is a 12 here.

You guys are the ones that give your kids trophies even if they lose competitions, because "there are no losers" and you don't want to hurt their feelings :rolleyes:

In the US, 135 IQ is considered genius and eligible for gifted programs? Here, if you are not 160+, no one even looks at you. I stand by my analysis that my 184 score is not that great, as there are many more people way smarter than me. Look at the links that Pesty posted.

I clearly remember reading that Hawking was much higher than 200. It was a long time ago though, but I have trouble believing that he was only 160.
Einstein on the other hand, I believe it, as he was a fraud for the most part. He was only good at selling/promoting himself.

On most test I score 137. I believe there are different tests some with more questions, problems and puzzles. Bigger test= higher possible score. In the US higher than 135 is gifted or special education due to learning disabilities that are common with higher IQ. Most Gifted Classes aren't much more than college prep in the US public schools. I say most, because some states have better funding.

Last edited:

Considering downs kids usually have 80-90 on IQ I'd think 135 was just bean counter average.

Getting it in the little track is the hardest part. I would hang a keychain thermometer or something from the tab (one of those little REI jobs). So funny to me LOL! Cold fingers just don't work.

HaHa, going to use that idea!

My chapter required a 134 or better which on that qualifying exam represented 98th percentile. I got a 134.

The summary ended with:

"To 98 people out of 100, you will appear intelligent. The remaining two people will believe you a complete imbecile."

LOL

Hit the nail on the head there brother!

My nephew plays tee ball and they do not even keep score! And at the end of the season there are no winners..

Everyone gets a trophy.. :banghead:

Reminds me of Meet the Fockers with Ben Stiller.. and his parents have 8th place ribbons framed on the wall!!

Last edited:
Considering downs kids usually have 80-90 on IQ I'd think 135 was just bean counter average.

Well, that explains everything, George Bush got 98. It is clear any Idiot can be President, now a days.

In the US higher than 135 is gifted or special education due to learning disabilities that are common with higher IQ.

Hold on a second. Are you saying that "gifted/special education" is for kids with learning difficulties? So they assume if you have a high IQ, you need to go and do the vegie subjects?

Here, it is the other way around. For example, maths in the final year at high school is divided like this:
- Advanced Calculus A Extensions+
- Advanced Calculus B (for the less bright kids)
- Spacial Geometry A Extensions+
- Spacial Geometry B (for the less bright kids)
- Vegie Maths (for the dumb kids)

Pretty much 110-135 is considered what is best for getting a good job and climbing the latter. 135 and higher will need to climb quick or work for them selves, or be very board. I meet more people in this range than not. So it's not special.

You guys are the ones that give your kids trophies even if they lose competitions, because "there are no losers" and you don't want to hurt their feelings

So true. I fit in 34 waist pants from walmart. Im nowhere near that. Also my kids school gives a trophy to the kids at the end of the year just for showing up every day.

Hold on a second. Are you saying that "gifted/special education" is for kids with learning difficulties? So they assume if you have a high IQ, you need to go and do the vegie subjects?

Here, it is the other way around. For example, maths in the final year at high school is divided like this:

It depends on funding, but Special Ed is split in States with higher budgets. So the retarted and emotional get placed and learn enough to survive. And higher education while learning gifted material, but dealing with things like dislexia and ADHD are taught s
separately....most of these kids are placed in regular gifted classes by junior year.

I was in such a program. So retard first half of high school, genius the second half lol

I think it's more along the lines of behavioral difficulties due to boredom while 'waiting' on the rest of the class to catch up. For example, when I was in grade school and the class would go around the room during reading time, I would be 6 pages ahead of everyone because they all went too slow. Or if the curriculum isn't challenging enough, kids get bored and have behavioral problems. Not so much a problem with the actual learning.

I took Geometry in 8th grade, was in Calculus my junior year in high school and graduated high school in 3 years, so not everywhere in the states thrives on mediocrity. ;)

Last edited:

Yes, the US has been dumbing down society for years. It's the liberal movement so kids don't get their feelings hurt, which in reality, sets them up for a lifetime of failure

Yes, the US has been dumbing down society for years. It's the liberal movement so kids don't get their feelings hurt, which in reality, sets them up for a lifetime of failure

"No kid left behind" :rolleyes: As if that's how the real world works...

I think it's more along the lines of behavioral difficulties due to boredom while 'waiting' on the rest of the class to catch up. For example, when I was in grade school and the class would go around the room during reading time, I would be 6 pages ahead of everyone because they all went too slow. Or if the curriculum isn't challenging enough, kids get bored and have behavioral problems. Not so much a problem with the actual learning.

I took Geometry in 8th grade, was in Calculus my junior year in high school and graduated high school in 3 years, so not everywhere in the states thrives on mediocrity. ;)
In my state, this is exactly how it works. If you are identified early like I was, you are moved to a tutor that specializes in teaching gifted children by allowing them to learn at their own pace and choose the subjects they want to study in any order. Myself and one other kid from my school was in this category and everyday after homeroom we would be driven to the high school building to a special room for us. This was a state-sponsored program and has since been discontinued in that private school where I went and I believe is only financed in public schools now. For example, I was reading 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea and War of The Worlds in 3rd grade when other kids were struggling through Winnie the Pooh.
My grade went from D's and F's to straight A's and A+'s in Advanced Learning.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
A2501
NapsGear