mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitamin D deficiency really just Magnesium deficiency?

Doctor's best ubiquinol and chelated magnesium is pretty cheap on amazon. The magnesium is in tablet form though, do you think it can still be easily absorbable?

I wish I knew. I would like to think that companies that are in the upper echelon in terms of product, r&d and quality (and that seems to include Doctor's best) wouldn't make a tablet supplement that didn't have optimal breakdown and absorption. If it is the Manesium Glycinate that are 200mg each x 240ct for under $15 bucks...I'd say that's worth it. That would be (120) 400mg doses.

I really hope to experiment soon with 850 and 1250mg magnesium daily to see what positive effects happen. I give these figures because I am still going to take 450mg in ZMA form pre bed. I suppose I could add a 200mg Glycinate to that or take 400 mg at 1 or 2 other times per day.

Is there a downside to taking a total of 600-800mg of magnesium at once pre bed? (450 from ZMA and 200-400 extra Mag Glycinate)

Magnesium is an amazing molecule and is very underrated when it comes to placing it in healthy supplement plans. Magnesium helps to keep check Calcium in a healthy balance because research shows that too much exogenous/supplementation calcium can be very detrimental to arterial and bone health. Magnesium is especially important for heart health.

Below is a few videos I've been watching on Vitamin C and the guy makes mention of Magnesium and Calcium and the delicate balance between them.

[youtube]5mJfKXKi4E0[/youtube]

Doctor's best ubiquinol and chelated magnesium is pretty cheap on amazon. The magnesium is in tablet form though, do you think it can still be easily absorbable?

Reading through this thread has made me go purchase some of that Doctors Best Chelated Magnesium.:headbang:

I've read a few places that transdermal magnesium is the way to go and much more is absorbed by the body, so I ordered some off Amazon to try.

My gf is doing epson salt baths but it comes down to 1$ a bath which is more expensive that getting it orally. It offers others advantages however. I could probably buy the salt in bulk somewhere though.

My gf is doing epson salt baths but it comes down to 1$ a bath which is more expensive that getting it orally. It offers others advantages however. I could probably buy the salt in bulk somewhere though.
Alot of people make the magnesium bathes into a spray so it's more economical from my understanding

Epson salt baths do feel amazing though, especially after some cardio.

high and low vit D levels

I found this study on vit D today:

**broken link removed**

New study finds both high and low vitamin D levels associated with increased cardiovascular disease mortality

Posted on March 3, 2015 by Amber Tovey

A recent study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism discovered a J-shaped association between vitamin D levels and mortality caused by cardiovascular disease.

In 2013, Dr. Christopher Sempos and colleagues reported a J shaped curve for total mortality and baseline vitamin D levels.

Since cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death globally, the same research team wanted to determine the relationship between vitamin D levels and mortality specific to cardiovascular disease.

The researchers analyzed data from the Copenhagen General Practitioners Laboratory (CopD). The CopD database contains data from 247,574 citizens from the Copenhagen area from 2004 to 2010. This data included vitamin D measurements and causes of death.

Over the span of seven years, 16,645 participants died, with a total of 5,454 individuals dying from cardiovascular disease.

The researchers evaluated the relationship between mortality and vitamin D levels. Here is what they found:

A vitamin D status of 28 ng/ml was associated with the lowest cardiovascular disease mortality risk.
Among individuals who died from cardiovascular disease, 78.2% had levels below 28 ng/ml.
Those with vitamin D levels around 4.8 ng/ml were 2.0 times more likely to die from cardiovascular disease than those with vitamin D levels of about 28 ng/ml.
Those with vitamin D levels of about 50 ng/ml were 1.3 times more likely to die of cardiovascular disease than those with levels around 28 ng/ml.
The researchers concluded,

“Both low and high serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels were associated with increased cardiovascular disease mortality as well as mortality from stroke and acute myocardial infarction.”

This study proposes interesting findings that should not be ignored; however, they should be interpreted carefully. First of all, as with any observational study, this study does not prove causation. Also, vitamin D levels were only measured once over the span of seven years. Levels could have easily fluctuated over this long duration.

A possible explanation for these puzzling results could be that healthy vitamin D levels are important to maintain throughout life, beginning at an early age. A recent study found that vitamin D status during adolescence affects the risk of adult atherosclerosis, suggesting that vitamin D levels play a vital role in heart health starting at an early age. In this study, the average age of the participants was 51.

Further observational studies should measure vitamin D levels throughout the study, beginning at an early age to provide more insight.

Source

Durup D., et al. A reverse J-shaped association between serum 25- hydroxyvitamin D and cardiovascular disease mortality – the CopD-study. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2015.

Knight:

What's your opinion on the Magnesium Stearate that seems to be in every pill/capsule supplement? Ive read a few places that it isnt very good for you..bad for liver etc.

Knight:

What's your opinion on the Magnesium Stearate that seems to be in every pill/capsule supplement? Ive read a few places that it isnt very good for you..bad for liver etc.

I have no idea about that. I know that i has absolutely nothing to do with my daily attempt at consuming enough magnesium through food/supplementation.

Someone recommend the best magnesium supplement that's not ridiculously priced.

In other news, I ran out of my vitacost synergy 3000 multi and started taking some of my wife's prenatal. Bet it has way too much calcium in it and a shit load of iron. Whoops. Least I'm taking K2 with my D3 now.

Glycinate seems to be an overall good one to take and its what I take. Taurate is also good to be very confusing trying to figure out dosing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Glycinate seems to be an overall good one to take and its what I take. Taurate is also good to be very confusing trying to figure out dosing.

Hey NY how u doing bro.. somethig like this ? I found especially this one which have both glycine & lysine.

Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for High Absorption Magnesium

doc best brand, High Absorption Magnesium contains elemental magnesium chelated with the amino acids glycine and lysine

Magnesium (Elemental) (From 2,000 Mg Magnesium Glycinat/Lysinate Chelate**) 200 mg 50%
Ingredients:
Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose Sodium, Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate (Vegetable Source)

Knight what do you think of this bro ? this has glycine & lysine in it. I am thinking of zeroing on this bad boy when my Now mag aspertate bottle finishes.

What are your thoughts brothers ? Please share. many thanks D

Hey NY how u doing bro.. somethig like this ? I found especially this one which have both glycine & lysine.

Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for High Absorption Magnesium

doc best brand, High Absorption Magnesium contains elemental magnesium chelated with the amino acids glycine and lysine

Magnesium (Elemental) (From 2,000 Mg Magnesium Glycinat/Lysinate Chelate**) 200 mg 50%
Ingredients:
Cellulose, Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose Sodium, Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate (Vegetable Source)

Knight what do you think of this bro ? this has glycine & lysine in it. I am thinking of zeroing on this bad boy when my Now mag aspertate bottle finishes.

What are your thoughts brothers ? Please share. many thanks D

Have you been reading the thread bro? I have mentioned this and linked it, screen-shotted it etc. I believe someone else has mentioned it too.

400mg of this would be good...especially pre bed. Unfortunately all ZMA formulas contain mag aspartate. I am not sure if I would make my own ZMA formula with the parts involved or just add 200-400mg on top of a ZMA. I am not sure if it is totally ok to take 650-850mg Magnesium at once...or if it should be spread out in that amount..

It really bothers me that a lot of experts say to stay away from manesium ASPARTATE, yet it is the patented standard in ZMA.

Ordered vitacost brand Chelated Magnesium (Albion(R)) aka Magnesium Glycinate Chelate Buffered -- 400 mg - 180 Tablets

When do guys find the best time to take it? Before bed?

Have you been reading the thread bro? I have mentioned this and linked it, screen-shotted it etc. I believe someone else has mentioned it too.

400mg of this would be good...especially pre bed. Unfortunately all ZMA formulas contain mag aspartate. I am not sure if I would make my own ZMA formula with the parts involved or just add 200-400mg on top of a ZMA. I am not sure if it is totally ok to take 650-850mg Magnesium at once...or if it should be spread out in that amount..

Hey Knight I m sorry bro. My bad. I actually did read the thread & had it bookmarked cos that's how I got the idea of gylcinate & taurate magnesium . Then when u were not around for a short while recently there was not much activity on this thread. Early this week I thought right let's hit google & find which magnesium supp is out there with Gly & Tau in it :eek: !! Now looking back into the thread as u mentioned I can see u had indeed put the brand name Doc Best etc as well . Memory lapse remembered the ingredient but forgot the brand lol Thanks

Ordered vitacost brand Chelated Magnesium (Albion(R)) aka Magnesium Glycinate Chelate Buffered -- 400 mg - 180 Tablets

Yes.

I take it 3-5 times a day. I have back issues and it prevents the muscles from going into spasm. It is recommended to take w/ meals to not get it all at one time. I have tried multiple types of magnesium and the best is the Albion Chelated Magnesium. Can get it the cheapest from either Vitacost.com or Swansonvitamins.com.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jakestan2001
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws