advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitamin D deficiency really just Magnesium deficiency?

50,000 once weekly is a practice I have heard of. Alpha6164 suggested it a year or more ago to me in a conversation but I have yet to try it.

My friends on FB are talking about this one guys wife does just that 50k a week as per dr orders.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

My wife is one of those people That takes the "MEGA DOSE" of 50,000 a week and has for over a year. Her problem is her levels barely increase. Her doctors have no clue on how to fix her D deficiency. They actually told her their at a loss. I think she's definitely going to ask her doctor for those tests. This is a great read. Thanks for posting.

You might want to check the prescription and find out what kind of D it is. The only Vit D prescription I am aware of is 50,000iu and it is D2 and not D3. You want D3 and that is probably why her levels are not increasing.

I took 500mg of Mag Taurate last night. No issues at all when I made my deposit this morning! I'll keep at it and see how I react. The real test for assessing sleep quality will come tonight, seeing tomorrow it's back to work.

Any one tried davinci tri mag? It has a 100mg of each, tarate glycin and Malate. Was about to order but wanted to see what out guys thought or what you used. What brand of taurate do you guys use, for some reason I Herb has a small selection.

Last edited:
You might want to check the prescription and find out what kind of D it is. The only Vit D prescription I am aware of is 50,000iu and it is D2 and not D3. You want D3 and that is probably why her levels are not increasing.

no brother. ..
the protocol used in the studues if I remember correctly is to take the standard 500iu d3 and use enough until you get 50k

Last edited:
According to them, Vitamin D deficiency is really magnesium deficiency and excess Vitamin D supplementation causes magnesium deficiency.

I have to thank you for that thread, Knight9.

After reading it, I figured "hey, why not giving mag supplementation a try" (not really knowning if the Vit D I was already using at 400 IU/day was well absorbed or not).

So I bought some magnesium aspartate and began to take it twice a day at only 135mg each time (I've got 45mg caps).

Also took advantage of this opportunity to add some zinc gluconate with it (15mg x 2), as it had been a long long time I last gave it a chance

Man... after only two weeks adding that combo, I can't begin to tell you how INFINITELY better I feel!!! :eek: Used to be tired all the time lately, left with no nervous impulse for days straight... what a NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE... energy is through the roof! I couldn't believe it myself... absolutely crazy!!!

Guess I was severely deficient (while on a diet maybe way too rich in calcium...). Anyway, thanks for the wake up call... mag is definitely some VITAL mineral, and "we" tend to forget it. :)

Wow what a testimony

I have to thank you for that thread, Knight9.

After reading it, I figured "hey, why not giving mag supplementation a try" (not really knowning if the Vit D I was already using at 400 IU/day was well absorbed or not).

So I bought some magnesium aspartate and began to take it twice a day at only 135mg each time (I've got 45mg caps).

Also took advantage of this opportunity to add some zinc gluconate with it (15mg x 2), as it had been a long long time I last gave it a chance

Man... after only two weeks adding that combo, I can't begin to tell you how INFINITELY better I feel!!! :eek: Used to be tired all the time lately, left with no nervous impulse for days straight... what a NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE... energy is through the roof! I couldn't believe it myself... absolutely crazy!!!

Guess I was severely deficient (while on a diet maybe way too rich in calcium...). Anyway, thanks for the wake up call... mag is definitely some VITAL mineral, and "we" tend to forget it. :)

You're welcome bro! These are the threads and responses I live for and am here for. Funny thing is this thread still has so much potential as we try to figure out truths about this very intricate relationship. Are you taking the zinc and magnesium before bed? All ZMA formulas have B-6 in them though I am not sure why(off the top of my head). Might be worth looking into and adding. Glad to hear you have found a distinct difference in how you feel!

You're welcome bro! These are the threads and responses I live for and am here for. Funny thing is this thread still has so much potential as we try to figure out truths about this very intricate relationship. Are you taking the zinc and magnesium before bed? All ZMA formulas have B-6 in them though I am not sure why(off the top of my head). Might be worth looking into and adding. Glad to hear you have found a distinct difference in how you feel!

Before bed indeed, but also in the morning 30 min before my first meal of the day (doesn't make me sleepy at all!):

135mg mag aspartate
15mg zinc gluconate
400 IU vit D3 (only in the morning)
500mg estherified vit C

I just pay attention to not have a calcium rich meal afterwards as to not impair absorption.

As for the B6, that's damn right... it goes hand in hand with mag for nerves and it clearly became the norm for labs to systematically add it to any kind of mag rich formula... quite trendy, I suppose. :)

Evan dropping that knowledge.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-op01XEQp6Q"]How to Make Magnesium Bicarbonate - YouTube[/ame]

I never really tuned in on bodybuilders and listening to their videos. Does Evan really know his stuff?

I never really tuned in on bodybuilders and listening to their videos. Does Evan really know his stuff?

Off the top of my head Evan, Ben Pakulski and John Meadows know quite a bit about the health side of things.

Didn't know Evan was like the other two you mentioned. Nice

Off the top of my head Evan, Ben Pakulski and John Meadows know quite a bit about the health side of things.

Hell yeah, those guys are freaking scholars. Very intelligent! Evan just launched a new website too... Centopani.com

Here is a snippet from a writeup I found somewhere on bb.com.

***An important thing to note is that the zinc and magnesium must be in the aspartate form, not the chelate, sulfate, or citrate form commonly found in multivitamins. The ratio is also extremely important. There should be 11 mg of Vitamin B-6, 30 mg of the zinc monomethionine aspartate, and 450 mg of the magnesium aspartate per serving. (This is why you should just buy a ZMA supplement instead of individual magnesium and zinc supplements.) This supplement should never be taking with calcium, as calcium blocks absorption, and any ZMA that has calcium in it should be avoided. ZMA should also be taken before bed on an empty stomach.***

Why in the world MUST zinc and magnesium be in aspartate form? And the ratios matter supposedly but I highly doubt it would make a damn bit of difference if I did 50mg zinc, 400 - 500mg magnesium glycinate (YES A CHELATED FORM), and the suggested b6 dose of 10-11mg. In fact, I bet I can make a more optimal pre-sleep formula.

Zinc Picolinate seems like a better option...30-50mg. Chelated or citrate also seem good.

Magnesium Glycinate seems optimal too at approx 400-500mg.

B-6 10mg.

Last edited:
I see capsules of 2500mg magT...so a gram is perfectly fine. However I did read something saying elemental is 9% with taurate. If a 2500mg Swanson cap contains 200mg elemental....well, that's what we should know here. Lk3...can you tell us the mg value regarding elemental mag per 1g of your magT?

I'm pretty sure it's not 500mg elemental mag. I was looking at his Mag Glycinate product and it is 240mg in 2 pills and suggested to be doses twice daily. So we are at 480mg which is very commonly mentioned (500mg range). What I'd like to really know is where people are finding BPak and Poliquin or other notable minds recommending 1g-2g magnesium. I just want to read it for myself. I honestly would have no problem dosing 450mg pre bed in a ZMA formula and another 500 or so post workout. So long as taking near a gram for long periods of a time won't mess anything else up. Hell, I'd take another 500mg dose at some point if it's warranted.

Right now I am zeroing in on glycinate and taurate as my top candidates.

Upon looking into it further and noticing something...it seems maybe our optimal doses ARE INDEED in the form of elemental magnesium?

In one post above I mentioned 9% of taurate is elemental. Glycinate was said to be near the same at some point in this thread. Fast forward to me looking at the Doctors Best brand of Magnesium Glycinate...and it says take 2 tabs twice daily. Each serving is 200mg elemental magnesium...so two servings would be 400 elemental.

In the breakdown of serving sizes it says 2 tabs are 200mg elemental which is taken from 2000mg glycinate (10% elemental).

So I really wonder in ZMA products...where magnesium aspartate is ALWAYS used @450mg...is that ELEMENTAL or Magnesium Aspartate weight?

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Anyone have input?

Ok well at this point I think I have come to the conclusion that 450mg elemental is in a standard male ZMA dose. (For some reason I have been mindfucked by recommended dosing and elemental vs whatever else. Seems that when someone says do 800-1200mg/day...they are referring to elemental. Makes sense now but threw me for a loop. When Lk3 says he takes a gram at a time of taurinate...it's not elemental.)I really wish aspartate was not used in these ZMA formulas.

I am looking at adding 400-800mg in the form of glycinate - to get around a gram or a bit more daily. It's definitely not cheap at that dose.

Last edited:
Doctor's best ubiquinol and chelated magnesium is pretty cheap on amazon. The magnesium is in tablet form though, do you think it can still be easily absorbable?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131