advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Vitamin D deficiency really just Magnesium deficiency?

It really bothers me that a lot of experts say to stay away from manesium ASPARTATE, yet it is the patented standard in ZMA.

What dose of vit d are you taking with your mag.. i have me and the girly on the 5000iu each day.. hopefully thats not overkill.. i will also be running 400 of that dr best mag in the morning,, and tn ZMG ant night

What dose of vit d are you taking with your mag.. i have me and the girly on the 5000iu each day.. hopefully thats not overkill.. i will also be running 400 of that dr best mag in the morning,, and tn ZMG ant night

I'll probably do 5,000iu Jarrow D3 throughout the summer and then have my levels tested. If they are lower than I want...then I may up it.

I was taking 10,000iu NOW D3 a year and a half ago and only tested around 40. Pretty much made me jump ship from NOW Foods to Jarrow though I have no proof the D3 was inferior.

I'll probably do 5,000iu Jarrow D3 throughout the summer and then have my levels tested. If they are lower than I want...then I may up it.

I was taking 10,000iu NOW D3 a year and a half ago and only tested around 40. Pretty much made me jump ship from NOW Foods to Jarrow though I have no proof the D3 was inferior.

I gotta buy a good brand. I just take whatever is at CVS.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Knight9 I haven't read much on ZMA because it never seemed interesting, so you might be educating me here. If you're supplementing with a high quality magnesium and get zinc in your quality multi, why even fuck with a stand alone ZMA product? Also, Why would an athlete who is "enhanced" with supra physiological levels of test bother with ZMA for its purported marginal test increasing benefits? It's like taking an herbal test Booster when on test itself. What else is good about it? Or are you just talking about the benefits of high dose quality magnesium in the presence of adequate zinc intake for other health benefits?

Last edited:
Knight9 I haven't read much on ZMA because it never seemed interesting, so you might be educating me here. If you're supplementing with a high quality magnesium and get zinc in your quality multi, why even fuck with a stand alone ZMA product? Also, Why would an athlete who is "enhanced" with supra physiological levels of test bother with ZMA for its purported marginal test increasing benefits? It's like taking an herbal test Booster when on test itself. What else is good about it? Or are you just talking about the benefits of high dose quality magnesium in the presence of adequate zinc intake for other health benefits?
I don't take a multi vitamin and almost all of them are shit. Magnesium and zinc especially...and even b6 are important supplements. Combined in a formula, it's great and helps enhance sleep. Lol - not doing it for test boosting bs. It infuriates me that zma is patented and only uses aspartate, which some people say to avoid!

I don't take a multi vitamin and almost all of them are shit. Magnesium and zinc especially...and even b6 are important supplements. Combined in a formula, it's great and helps enhance sleep. Lol - not doing it for test boosting bs. It infuriates me that zma is patented and only uses aspartate, which some people say to avoid!

As to Multis, I agree with you on that. But I still take Vitacost brand Synergy 3000 along with everything else. Its like 6 caps. I figure it cant hurt.

Vitacost Synergy 3000(R) Multi-Vitamin -- 180 Capsules - Vitacost

Off topic, but whats your thought on high dose EGCG GTE extract, like 1g a day. Hard on the liver or only in certain people (possibly only those with a rarer with genetic predisposition to sensitivity)? GTE daily yay or nay?

Last edited:
As to Multis, I agree with you on that. But I still take Vitacost brand Synergy 3000 along with everything else. Its like 6 caps. I figure it cant hurt.

Vitacost Synergy 3000(R) Multi-Vitamin -- 180 Capsules - Vitacost

Off topic, but whats your thought on high dose EGCG GTE extract, like 1g a day. Hard on the liver or only in certain people (possibly only those with a rarer with genetic predisposition to sensitivity)? GTE daily yay or nay?
I intend to be running it daily soon. TN brand. I don't even really know how much to take.

Like you stated, Vitamin D is steroid/hormone, and manipulation of vitamin D is essential to balancing your hormones, especially when taking anabolics.

Have you guys heard of vitamin D derivatives? They are a part of an attempt to dissociate the "Calcemic and Non-calcemic effects," similar to the way Anabolics dissociate Androgenic effects.

I have a lot of research to do on this, but I'm eventually gonna pick one out.

Can you honestly say Orange Triad is shit? Look at what you get for the price. A vit/min, joint, digestive and immune formulas all in one. I was literally never sick on it the last year and a half.

Bump..

So I don't know what people here are taking but it seems... that Orotate is pro-cancerous...

otherwise i would imagine magnesium at the lowest form is acceptable...

Bump..

So I don't know what people here are taking but it seems... that Orotate is pro-cancerous...

otherwise i would imagine magnesium at the lowest form is acceptable...

Where is the info on that?

I'm using Magnesium Glycinate and would consider Orotate possibly. I just started and am playing around with dosing.
*450mg from ZMA formula at night is and has been a staple
*400-1600mg more from other Magensium (will be experimenting)

Currently considering Magnesium L-threonate(which boosts brain health and function).

Make sure to balance it out with Vitamin K2 + D3

Not sure why you would need 1600mg of Magnesium

The cheapest form is fine.. Bisglycinate.

a chelated form is fine.. I think 400-800mg is all you would need... Glycinate/Lysinate.

Where is the info on that?

I'm using Magnesium Glycinate and would consider Orotate possibly. I just started and am playing around with dosing.
*450mg from ZMA formula at night is and has been a staple
*400-1600mg more from other Magensium (will be experimenting)

Currently considering Magnesium L-threonate(which boosts brain health and function).

Those that are having success with magnesium taurate, what brand are you using? Couldn't find it in any local supplement stores, only online, is this one good?

Swanson Premium Magnesium (Taurate) 100 mg 120 Tabs - Swanson Health Products

^^^Ended up getting a bottle of this and I've been taking it for a few weeks now, figured I would provide an update. 2 tabs before bed is a good dose for me. Usually I toss and turn a lot trying to fall asleep, but when taking the mag I'm able to relax and get comfortable faster, also my dreams are more vivid which is nice as I typically never remember my dreams. I've definitely noticed I'm more relaxed throughout the day even just dosing it at night. Only complaint is the tabs are very big and chalky so I just crush them up, good thing is they're easy to crush. From my experience so far I would recommend trying magnesium taurate if you have mild to moderate anxiety/depression, difficulty falling asleep, and/or difficulty coping with stress and are hesitant to take prescription meds.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws