over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Dr. today. CRAZY advice.

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
So I went to a new psychiatrist today just to get a second opinion my issue of coming off of Adderall and the SSRIs I am on. Turns out the guy is a bodybuilder himself LOL pretty impressive for his age he's probably in his late 50s around 5 foot 10 200 pounds pretty lean maybe 10 or 11%. We mainly talked about bodybuilding and what I can do to stay healthy, etc. and I have to say he gave some pretty crazy advice about epinephrine and a few other things but maybe he's right. He said the main problem with many stimulants and antidepressants is the down regulation of the neurotransmitters which are norepinephrine serotonin and dopamine. He said what he actually does when he needs energy like pre-workout or focusing on work, etc. is he gives himself very very small injections of pure epinephrine. He said the reason being is you get the intense energy from it yet it's the only neurotransmitter that does not cause down regulation therefore it cannot be depleted like the others. He did say you have to be very careful with blood pressure and heart rate which is why the dose is important but I was literally sitting there in shock after he told me that. He also said a lot of doctors prescribed benzo's to help patient sleep when they are on certain medications that affect neurotransmitters that can cause sleep issues and he said that is the worst possible thing you can do. Long-term benzo use comes with a huge host of problems. Then he goes about saying he would rather see somebody smoke medical marijuana before they go to sleep and even in the middle the night if they wake up to fall back asleep then to use not only benzo's but Tylenol PM, Benadryl, and pretty much any other sleeping aid as they all carry more long-term side effects than medical marijuana. This guy was definitely not your typical doctor LOL

Your doctor tells you to do daily injections of adrenaline
Nice way to mess up your heart

Last edited:
Your doctor tells you to do daily injections of amphetamines....
Nice way to develop an addiction

I am pretty sure he said " epinephrine" a hormone, otherwise known as "adrenaline". He said nothing about amphetamines.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure he said " epinephrine" a hormone, otherwise known as "adrenaline". He said nothing about amphetamines.
GodOfHormones edited his post pretty quick! Lol

I should clarify lol He didn't say "I should" he just said that's what he does.

The marijuana is a solid idea. My dad has MS and I am trying to get him to try it to relieve muscle spasms. Unfortunately it's not legal here.

Marijuana can cause a series of psychiatric disorders. Still better than any prescription, but far from safe.

Cool to see there's doctors out there doing unconventional things

Face down in the carpet, can't move, heart racing...
'Omg they are gonna find me dead like this' I thought.

That's my experience with IV epinephrine...

That sounds a little dangerous on the heart.... and benzos get a bad wrap from people that abuse them and do not follow their doctor's advice. If you take them as directed, they can be a major life saver.
Basically any medication when it is abused causes problems, it's just the psychoactive ones get the worst reputation because of how severe the addiction can be by a drug abuser

Marijuana can cause a series of psychiatric disorders. Still better than any prescription, but far from safe.

absolutely 100% false, It can not cause psychiatric disorders, there was a study that linked weed to schizophrenia in males but there was a confounding bias bc everyone smokes weed. Also there has never been any related case of cancer associated with marijuana use.

Last edited:
hey Drk.....can you post some studies that say otherwise..???

:cool:

It's good to explore such things, but taking straight epinephrine isn't all that practical. The stuff has a half life of 2 min. Same thing with dopamine. That's why they have to continuously feed these things into your veins. Like the "dopamine drip" or "Epi" that you always hear about.

That's why they designed synthetic agonists and continued to design selective agonists such as albuterol. So that they last longer and perform how you intended them to.

None of these strict adrenergic compounds will give you that feel-good feeling; moreover, they can be nerve racking without the support of dopamine.

There are many times when pure adrenalin excited my body, but I still didn't have the dopamine that I needed to mentally crush through the exercise. Those were times when I was also off androgens. The good news is that androgens seriously support dopamine.

It's good to explore such things, but taking straight epinephrine isn't all that practical. The stuff has a half life of 2 min. Same thing with dopamine. That's why they have to continuously feed these things into your veins. Like the "dopamine drip" or "Epi" that you always hear about.

That's why they designed synthetic agonists and continued to design selective agonists such as albuterol. So that they last longer and perform how you intended them to.

None of these strict adrenergic compounds will give you that feel-good feeling; moreover, they can be nerve racking without the support of dopamine.

There are many times when pure adrenalin excited my body, but I still didn't have the dopamine that I needed to mentally crush through the exercise. Those were times when I was also off androgens. The good news is that androgens seriously support dopamine.

They pumped me full of dopamine the ER after my heart attack to bring up my BP. I was on it for about 3 days and they slowly weaned me off of it.

Role of dopamine in congestive heart failure: a contemporary appraisal. - PubMed - NCBI This article states there is another compound they use now and I have never heard of it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
crankyfranky28
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity