mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone's wife get in shape after getting WAY out of shape?

herein lies the problem of (what appears to be) most American women..and many, many men..

complain constantly.... but do nothing to change.

but with men, you can be open and honest about it - "stop being a little bitch and do something about it."

imagine saying that to your wife :D
It's almost painful the amount of people that complain to me about them being out of shape, overweight, etc. Then they say things like, "You're lucky. You don't have to worry about that." As if getting in shape just happens by accident. Do they want me to console them and tell them they're not overweight? I usually just smile and nod. The ignorance...

The ignorance...

they aren't ignorant... they know full well what the truth is..

they are just so used to having everyone cheerleader for them and tell them that they're perfect just the way they are..

I really wish Gordon Ramsey would become a fitness celebrity and be on "the biggest loser" :eek:

To keep it real with you, I have seemed to develop a prejudice towards grotesquely fat, fat people.

I try not to judge, but it's as if the fat that is attached to people's bodies is a billboard for laziness.

Awesome thread guys. I just read through the entire thing and being 29 and single, this seriously makes me question if marriage should even be a consideration for me...

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Awesome thread guys. I just read through the entire thing and being 29 and single, this seriously makes me question if marriage should even be a consideration for me...

It's not for everyone. The way I love my wife surpasses her gaining weight. But if the idea of being committed to one person is something you want, then marriage is for you. If not, then stay single. And if you change your mind later you can always find someone.

Luckily the whole idea of people having to get married is becoming less popular and more of a personal decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just get a fat roommate...pretty much exactly the same thing :eek:

just get a fat roommate...pretty much exactly the same thing :eek:

I think you and a few others are a bit too biased against marriage. If you think you're going to look like a stud as you continue to age you're mistaken. Marriage is about companionship, a life long partner to experience life in all its facets together. No one wants a fat wife, but life happens that is often out of a persons control.

I think you and a few others are a bit too biased against marriage. If you think you're going to look like a stud as you continue to age you're mistaken. Marriage is about companionship, a life long partner to experience life in all its facets together. No one wants a fat wife, but life happens that is often out of a persons control.

bullshit.

I remember in college a soft chubby dude was making fun of my feet (they are VERY flat, like no arch at all) and I made fun of him being fat. All off a sudden the room goes quiet and a friend said, "dude, that's not cool to make fun of. he cant help that he is fat." WHAT???? I cant help I was born with flat feet! that dude needs to put down the Cheetos and get on a treadmill.

"out of a persons control" my ass. its EXACTLY in their control.
-F2S

bullshit.

I remember in college a soft chubby dude was making fun of my feet (they are VERY flat, like no arch at all) and I made fun of him being fat. All off a sudden the room goes quiet and a friend said, "dude, that's not cool to make fun of. he cant help that he is fat." WHAT???? I cant help I was born with flat feet! that dude needs to put down the Cheetos and get on a treadmill.

"out of a persons control" my ass. its EXACTLY in their control.
-F2S

There are medical issues that would cause them to get overweight. You cannot give a general statement like that. Just because your wife gained weight from being lazy doesn't mean that's the case for everyone, don't be ignorant.

Last edited:
There are medical issues that would cause them to get overweight. You cannot give a general statement like that. Just because your wife gained weight from being lazy doesn't mean that's the case for everyone, don't be ignorant.
VERY Rarely is it ever a legit medical issue, and when it is there are medications to fix the problem pretty much entirely.

I think it's hilarious how the medical community is now calling obesity an "illness" and prescribing amphetamines as a cure. Absolutely insane.

Fat people are fat for a reason, and it all comes down to self control. Medical reasons or not.

There are medical issues that would cause them to get overweight.

incorrect.

you cannot store calories that you are not eating.

are you saying that some people's bodies defy the first law of thermodynamics?

Those are the few that have medical conditions that cause them to gain weight, thyroid problems and other things but those can still be controlled with medication. Going by what you say there every out of shape over weight wife has a medical problem that doesn't allow her to get in shape. Unless there is a medical problem then it is completely and totally in every persons control to maintain a healthy weight. Even with medical problems their is still help so your point is mute.

I think guy over there has been watching too much 'my big fat fabulous life'

'you guiiiisssse it's not my fault im 5'2 400lbs... I have PCOS! it's MUHHH GENETUXXX"

Even when a person has a medical condition it's not 100% behind the weight gain. Sure your metabolism will go down a certain percentage, but a human body cannot create energy and that's what it would take for a person to "not be able to lose weight.

Lol- didn't realize I was talking to know it alls. I know a gal who had 5 brain surgeries, diagnosed with thyroid cancer, was put on prednisone all within 3 years. There isn't much she could do to control her weight gain when she lost 60% of motor function. Slice- your sarcasm is funny at times, but after awhile it's extremely annoying. Instead of patronizing people 24/7 post constructive stuff or don't post.

Lol- didn't realize I was talking to know it alls. I know a gal who had 5 brain surgeries, diagnosed with thyroid cancer, was put on prednisone all within 3 years. There isn't much she could do to control her weight gain when she lost 60% of motor function. Slice- your sarcasm is funny at times, but after awhile it's extremely annoying. Instead of patronizing people 24/7 post constructive stuff or don't post.

What is that, like .00001% of the obese population? One random, unfortunate example does not help your argument.

And people can post what they want, constructive or not. Don't be so sensitive. Not everything needs to be nice all the time.

Food is the most powerful drug of all, I told a friend of mine who just had a baby - I admire the hell outta women because of what they go through to bear children. Not everyone can be a cross fit mom, and pregnancy can change some women's lives forever. It's really tough in today's society to eat healthy and most people a re very ignorant about what they put in their mouths and the effects of calories and what exercise is.
I go "WTF" when I see a hot chick with a fat chubby dude, but then again women care about other things besides looks than we men. :)
I married my wife for life, she is the total opposite of me, smokes and drinks and eats infrequent high cal meals. She still wears the same size clothes as she did 10 years ago but as she has aged so has her figure.
It'll be worse in ten more years but I am there for her as she always has been for me no matter how outta shape I got. I am not about to trade her in for a new model 20 years younger just for my libido or to hang some piece of eye candy off my arm that is dumber than a hammer and lose half my fortune.

Last edited:
Lol- didn't realize I was talking to know it alls. I know a gal who had 5 brain surgeries, diagnosed with thyroid cancer, was put on prednisone all within 3 years. There isn't much she could do to control her weight gain when she lost 60% of motor function.

Come on man..

What is that, like .00001% of the obese population? One random, unfortunate example does not help your argument.

And people can post what they want, constructive or not. Don't be so sensitive. Not everything needs to be nice all the time.

How do you know what percentage of the population it is? based on your experiences or what the media portrays?

Shelby Starnes posted this the other day;

Sometimes you can tell.
You see a stranger and you can tell they love carbs. Or you can tell they don’t exercise.
Sometimes you can tell they are lazy, and don’t care about their appearance, and don’t know how to take care of themselves.
BUT
Sometimes you don’t know about what else they have going on. You don’t know about their personal struggles. You don’t know about their metabolic issues. You don’t know that maybe they’ve already dropped thirty pounds and are working on the other one hundred now. You don’t know that they are probably better than you at a lot of really important things.
So it’s probably best to hold off on the judgments.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131