over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Covid-19 Prophylaxis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most doctors who are on TV and prescribing it to their patients report almost no deaths when it is incorporated, unlike those in samples not treated. There are still a lot of MD's who do not want to use it until a RCT is performed on it, which is probably influencing the death percentages upward. More info is coming up each day on small designed studies. Personally, out side of a few possible sides/medical negative outcomes from it's use, i'm all for it. Some of these docs who are twittling their fingers waiting for more info before administering it to patients are taking it themselves, or have admitted they would use it if they contracted the virus....seems pretty hypocritical to me, but what do I know.

This has become a pet peeve for me. We have the whole world shut down because of how deadly this virus is, but you have doctors that are afraid to use this medication, simply because a RCT hasn't been completed. Worst case scenario, they should give the patients the option of whether they want to take the risk. Best case scenario, based on what we know so far; unless contraindicated for the individual patient, it should be mandated that we use it. It's ridiculous, people are talking about arresting people for simply going out of their houses in some locations because they are risking live's; but then people don't want to give a drug to people that could very well save many live's and has been around for decades and FDA approved as safe. All doctors need to use this drug NOW; not only will it save live's but in turn that will ease some of the pressure on our medical system and the front-line workers who are killing themselves trying to treat this disease.

Well I ordered my HCQ and AZ last night.
Hopefully never have to use, but good to have on hand.

While things are still OK here my wife is really starting to worry about me because of my rubbish lungs.
She wants to seal me up in a bubble and throw away the key ;)

While things are still OK here my wife is really starting to worry about me because of my rubbish lungs.

Where from?

PM please.

Thanks.

Interesting.

We probably will never truly know if it works and to what degree or not at all, until years after this is over.
I've seen on the news that there is at least one other drug that doctors think may work. The wife of a man that is critically ill with the virus was on tv and said that because of how long he has been in ICU that he no longer qualifies for compassionate use for the drug so they wont use it on him. Cant recall what it is called.

I think you're right that we wont know a good treatment until this epidemic is almost over.

One drug works against blood clots. Here is what the article talks about, I wonder if the coumadin I'm on might help:

"Now, research suggests that a widely used clot-busting stroke drug might help COVID-19 patients who can't access a ventilator or who fail to improve even when they do gain access.
The research focuses on a drug called tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), which is normally used to quickly dissolve blood clots that cause strokes or heart attacks.

He said the science supporting its use is sound.

"Tiny clots block small blood vessels in the lungs, preventing adequate oxygenation and ventilation," said Glatter, who wasn't part of the study. "The drug also prevents clots from blocking blood vessels in the kidney and heart, leading to kidney and heart failure. TPA dissolves the clots, opening up small blood vessels, improving the ability of the lungs and other critical organs to function normally."

Another drug here, I think this is the one I heard about in the news story:

"The EMA has not approved remdesivir for COVID-19 or any other indication, but the drug has been taken by dozens of Ebola patients and it didn't appear to have dangerous side effects. Remdesivir is supposed to prevent infected cells from producing copies of just about any virus, but there are only anecdotal reports so far of it being successful as a COVID-19 treatment. And, worth noting, it failed in clinical trials as an Ebola treatment, though there is speculation that may have been due to how late in the progression of the disease patients were given the drug."

So there are two more options that I found online fast. There are probably another half dozen or more out there. More testing needed.

It sounds like we may be getting closer to something that can help treat this monster. It would be great to see people recovering at a greater rate and faster!, get that death rate down and also get the duration and severity down for the survivors. It is amazing how well some people can work under extreme pressure to come up with even these possibilities. It is nice to read something encouraging. I must admit the constant doom and gloom of “its only going to get worse and another thousand died and another million lost jobs” gets old and depressing, as true as it may be. I feel like our news media are a bunch of sadists who just like giving bad news!

It sounds like we may be getting closer to something that can help treat this monster. It would be great to see people recovering at a greater rate and faster!, get that death rate down and also get the duration and severity down for the survivors. It is amazing how well some people can work under extreme pressure to come up with even these possibilities. It is nice to read something encouraging. I must admit the constant doom and gloom of “its only going to get worse and another thousand died and another million lost jobs” gets old and depressing, as true as it may be. I feel like our news media are a bunch of sadists who just like giving bad news!

It seems like we already do in certain cases but we are not using it near as much as we should; as well as some of the media seems to be discouraging using some of these things.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but for those around here that use metformin, it possibly doesn't mix well with hydroxychloroquine.

Several pharmaceutical agents stimulate autophagy. ASA, GH, statins and ARBs all do.

I'm really wondering the following..
How is this disease preying on those with the weak/compromised immune systems while at the same time an immune system sending out a cytokine storm(a super strong immune response to kill the virus) is the achilles heel?

I'm really wondering the following..
How is this disease preying on those with the weak/compromised immune systems while at the same time an immune system sending out a cytokine storm(a super strong immune response to kill the virus) is the achilles heel?
A cytokine storm is usually only triggered if there is a huge viral load in the lungs. For the disease to progress that far, you'd either have a weak immune system or have a Covid-19 infected hobo cough into your mouth while you inhale deeply.
Someone with a healthy immune system will start production of antibodies early enough and in sufficient quantities that the viral load does not escalate to a level where the body's immune system goes all in, with lots of collateral damage.

John Travolta redux.

Just my two cents worth...
FWIW - When POTUS first spoke the words hydroxychloroquine in that press conference it only took about 4 hours for the entire southeast USA pharmacy supply of it to be gone.
That same day I was talking to a gym buddy who years back was in the Army/Spec Ops and was regularly in South America working on drug interdiction efforts.
When I mentioned it to him he laughed and said well shit that is a malaria drug that we took years ago when heading overseas. He also said he hoped people didn't panic and go crazy with it and take a double dose of it because they were always told it was toxic if too much was used.

Thankfully I managed to obtain access to enough of both drugs for my immediate family in case they are ever needed but I pray they never get used.
Stay safe everyone!

FWIW - When POTUS first spoke the words hydroxychloroquine in that press conference it only took about 4 hours for the entire southeast USA pharmacy supply of it to be gone.
That same day I was talking to a gym buddy who years back was in the Army/Spec Ops and was regularly in South America working on drug interdiction efforts.
When I mentioned it to him he laughed and said well shit that is a malaria drug that we took years ago when heading overseas. He also said he hoped people didn't panic and go crazy with it and take a double dose of it because they were always told it was toxic if too much was used.

Thankfully I managed to obtain access to enough of both drugs for my immediate family in case they are ever needed but I pray they never get used.
Stay safe everyone!
My neighbor is a pharmacist and she said last week she was having to deny a whole bunch of scripts written by docs. She was required to speak to the doctors to verify that it was being prescribed for covid-19, and if it was then she was to deny it. That was before the FDA approved it for the virus. Less than one week ago , now things have changed I think. Just one example of how fast this thing is evolving.

She told me she had heard the someone died recently from taking the fish medicine. I think that's the chloroquine, right?

Stay safe everyone!

What exactly was the quinine product all the pros used to take? I remember Tom Prince saying every single pro he knew used it to avoid cramps before shows. Is it still used or was it just a fad?

What exactly was the quinine product all the pros used to take? I remember Tom Prince saying every single pro he knew used it to avoid cramps before shows. Is it still used or was it just a fad?
Quinine is in tonic water. The water you use to mix cocktails, as in a "gin and tonic" drink some before a workout, just no alcohol lol!

My neighbor is a pharmacist and she said last week she was having to deny a whole bunch of scripts written by docs. She was required to speak to the doctors to verify that it was being prescribed for covid-19, and if it was then she was to deny it. That was before the FDA approved it for the virus. Less than one week ago , now things have changed I think. Just one example of how fast this thing is evolving.

She told me she had heard the someone died recently from taking the fish medicine. I think that's the chloroquine, right?

Stupid is as stupid does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws