over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Never drink a whey iso shake alone?

This may help some of you:

and,

So then how do we explain this if excess protein is being converted to fat? https://www.instagram.com/p/CSsUiIBgz1V/?utm_medium=copy_link
In a hypocaloric diet, protein will not be converted to fat stores at all. It will be used for protein stores, small amounts for GNG when needed, slight amount for ketones, and a lot will be oxidized. Higher protein intake = higher oxidation. Whey, and "fast proteins" will have a higher oxidation rate than other proteins. In a caloric excess, it's the same, with very little amount of protein being stored as fat. Dietary fat will get converted into fat stores much easier than protein and carbs. Carbs will be probably next, then very very little from protein if any.

I agree with Paul in your link...as I do with Lyle, Layne, Alan, et al.

Yea THAT excess of 230g protein which is 920 cals. Wuld put u then at 4k. I just got that eatin excess protein will turn to fat from ur post. Agree to disagree
I am 190lbs in the AM after taking a piss, if I eat 3500 calories per day (I do) my weight stays exactly the same.

3500 per day keeps my weight the same.

Now say I add 200g of protein, 200g x4 calories per gram that is an extra 800 calories.

Now at 4300 calories I will gain fat, can you agree with this?

Even if I ate 4,000 calories of protein only, I will gain fat, because I am eating above my maintenance of 3500.

I am 190lbs in the AM after taking a piss, if I eat 3500 calories per day (I do) my weight stays exactly the same.

Now say I add 200g of protein, 200g x4 calories per gram that is an extra 800 calories.

Even if I ate 4,000 calories of protein only, I will gain fat, because I am eating above my maintenance of 3500.
The research is showing this to be untrue. Excess calories from protein do not seem to lead to fat gain. It’s actually showing improved body composition from consuming excess protein calories. Watch the video from Paul carter that I posted

it's virtually impossible to put on fat from lean meat protein alone, no matter how much you eat. Not because excess gets pissed out (that's silly - the body isn't going to piss away calories, it's designed for survival), but because the thermic effect of digestion takes 30% or more of it's calorie content, and any excess is converted to glucose, but the process of gluconeogenesis is inefficient and reduces the caloric energy by around 50%, and whatever glucose is produced will virtually always have somewhere in the body it can be stored as glycogen rather than be converted and stored as fat.

Let's be clear that unless you have a digestion problem, all protein will be broken down and enter the bloodstream. That's no longer the bowel. It's in the blood. If it's in the blood, it's renal. High amounts of protein are a strain on your kidneys. Water is obviously key here.

Once in plasma, your body is going to use those aminos in all sorts of ways. Bodily processes, repair of tissues, then converted IF YOU ARE IN A CALORIC DEFICIT. Gluconeogenesis is going to happen. You can't escape it bc your body wants fat more than it wants muscle. But once in plasma, aminos are going to do ALL of these things at once until the aminos and glucose get low. Then, ideally, you top it off again with another meal.

Personally, I just throw two scoops of vanilla whey iso into two cups of oats which is 60g protein and 80g carbs and it comes out to ~ 600 calories. And it gets chewed up pretty fast PWO. 30 minutes later I have a full meal around 1500 cals. That's more than a third of my daily 6,000 calories right there.

It's pointless to argue and complicate it. Your body is going to use aminos in plasma how it sees fit. Muscle repair (and hypertrophy) will happen over days/weeks. Be glad it converts. Muscle fiber contraction requires ATP, your liver needs glycogen, etc.

I think sometimes people are so afraid of getting subcutaneous fat that they spend their life in a perpetual caloric deficit. I don't believe in that. If it works for you, great. But just know that in that state, no amount of anabolics is going to put weight on you.

Let's be clear that unless you have a digestion problem, all protein will be broken down and enter the bloodstream. That's no longer the bowel. It's in the blood. If it's in the blood, it's renal. High amounts of protein are a strain on your kidneys. Water is obviously key here.

Once in plasma, your body is going to use those aminos in all sorts of ways. Bodily processes, repair of tissues, then converted IF YOU ARE IN A CALORIC DEFICIT. Gluconeogenesis is going to happen. You can't escape it bc your body wants fat more than it wants muscle. But once in plasma, aminos are going to do ALL of these things at once until the aminos and glucose get low. Then, ideally, you top it off again with another meal.

Personally, I just throw two scoops of vanilla whey iso into two cups of oats which is 60g protein and 80g carbs and it comes out to ~ 600 calories. And it gets chewed up pretty fast PWO. 30 minutes later I have a full meal around 1500 cals. That's more than a third of my daily 6,000 calories right there.

It's pointless to argue and complicate it. Your body is going to use aminos in plasma how it sees fit. Muscle repair (and hypertrophy) will happen over days/weeks. Be glad it converts. Muscle fiber contraction requires ATP, your liver needs glycogen, etc.

I think sometimes people are so afraid of getting subcutaneous fat that they spend their life in a perpetual caloric deficit. I don't believe in that. If it works for you, great. But just know that in that state, no amount of anabolics is going to put weight on you.
Yep. Significant muscular increase come with fat increase as well. There are things you can do to keep this to a minimum, and you can always lose it later. But you have to eat in excess to put on size, plain and simple

Yea THAT excess of 230g protein which is 920 cals. Wuld put u then at 4k. I just got that eatin excess protein will turn to fat from ur post. Agree to disagree
Protein will not get stored as adipose (difficult to do)OVER EATING CALORIES in the form of protein will just cause the body to store the carbs and fat in your diet as adipose when in a sufficient CALORIE SURPLUS.
calories in vs calories out.

You will gain fat, not from protein but your body will store more of the other nutrients. The more protein in your diet compared to other macros your rate of fat storage will slow...BUT you will still store fat. Calories in vs. calories out.

All you would ever want to know and then some.

people, don't complicate your life, just drink protein after training and eat carbohydrates or a complete meal

I personally drink isolate right after training, take a shower, take novorapid and eat carbohydrates

bodybuilding is so simple ...
But Luki imagine how much greater you would be if you complicated the hell out of it???? Greatness awaits pending your neurotic over planning. lol

Joking aside you are so right. Even if you do a little wrong here or there but you consistently continue to do the stuff you are doing right it will add up to success.

Joking aside you are so right. Even if you do a little wrong here or there but you consistently continue to do the stuff you are doing right it will add up to success
BINGO! ^^^^^

Protein is responsible for much of the structure and function of all the body's tissues, organs, and regulation. It's a big job. Once that is met and then the repair of damage, the rest would be left for transmission to carbohydrates.
I'm sure this isn't the case, but it comes off as if you're saying protein is preferred to turn to carbs before all other functions so you better eat some carbs so you don't rob yourself of proteins function.
With or without carbs, protein is ceasing protein breakdown and starting protein synthesis and within that function(amongst others), some is getting converted to glucose....if it's needed.
yes that was my point the body doesnt make glucose as if youd eaten it it makes several “sugars” as needed by demand, if you lived on protein alone you would not get fat unless you were sedentary. Nothing wrong with hydro/iso and ive lost 60 lbs since August and i hammer hydrosolate at least once daily.

Doesn’t justin Harris have a PhD in physics or something?

I remember Justin Harris talking about drinking whey isolate alone on Fouads Podcast. He said its better to eat real food, or make sure the
whey isolate has either fats or carbs or both in it. Drinking it alone will turn into glucose and can be verified by giving someone
who is going hypo a whey isolate to pull them out of it.

I now only drink whey in a blend of oats or peanut butter to delay gastric emptying. Just wondering what your guys thoughts on this. I know i
use to and lotta guys slam a shake in between meals or before bed, not sure if that's a bad thing now?

i guess post workout or before training fasted might be one exception?

I always have carbs with my protein. Feel like the carbs shuttle the protein to the

I completely agree. I don't know why these guys are saying u won't gain fat if ur in a calorie surplus with protein u won't get fat. If uv eat over ur maintenance with any macros the extra will get stored as fat.

it's virtually impossible to put on fat from lean meat protein alone, no matter how much you eat. Not because excess gets pissed out (that's silly - the body isn't going to piss away calories, it's designed for survival), but because the thermic effect of digestion takes 30% or more of it's calorie content, and any excess is converted to glucose, but the process of gluconeogenesis is inefficient and reduces the caloric energy by around 50%, and whatever glucose is produced will virtually always have somewhere in the body it can be stored as glycogen rather than be converted and stored as fat.

So if u eat 1000 calories over maintenance with just lean meats. Your saying u won't put on fat? That's not right

I always have carbs with my protein. Feel like the carbs shuttle the protein to the
I completely agree. I don't know why these guys are saying u won't gain fat if ur in a calorie surplus with protein u won't get fat. If uv eat over ur maintenance with any macros the extra will get stored as fat.

They're saying there is a preferential order of things. You bump the protein intake that results in a caloric surplus from your maintenance level and our bodies will preferentially store the carbs and fats as fat before the protein. It doesn't matter that the addtional calories came from protein to put you in the surplus, there is a sequence the body follows.

Now if you had a maintenance level of 2500 calories and ate 5000 calories of nothing but cod, I would imagine you would store fat as there are no other macros in the diet. That's kind of irrelevant as you wouldn't get very far eating like that for long due to deficiencies.

They're saying there is a preferential order of things. You bump the protein intake that results in a caloric surplus from your maintenance level and our bodies will preferentially store the carbs and fats as fat before the protein. It doesn't matter that the addtional calories came from protein to put you in the surplus, there is a sequence the body follows.

Now if you had a maintenance level of 2500 calories and ate 5000 calories of nothing but cod, I would imagine you would store fat as there are no other macros in the diet. That's kind of irrelevant as you wouldn't get very far eating like that for long due to deficiencies.

Gotcha

So if u eat 1000 calories over maintenance with just lean meats. Your saying u won't put on fat? That's not right
No it actually is right. As long as it's only lean meat and not other food sources as well. For example, you could eat 10lbs of lean steak and chicken breast and not put on any fat. That's because while you consumed ~7000 calories, your body requires around 2000 to digest all that meat, and of the remaining 5000, what doesn't get used for cell turnover and growth (say 4000-4500), will get converted to glucose, but the process of converting aminos to glucose is energy intensive at a rate of about 2-1, so you'll only be left with around ~2250 of glucose, which is around "500 grams of carbs", and since that would be your only "carb intake" for the day, you'd most likely use all of that for fuel and/or storing it as glycogen before you'd ever convert it and store it as fat.

No it actually is right. As long as it's only lean meat and not other food sources as well. For example, you could eat 10lbs of lean steak and chicken breast and not put on any fat. That's because while you consumed ~7000 calories, your body requires around 2000 to digest all that meat, and of the remaining 5000, what doesn't get used for cell turnover and growth (say 4000-4500), will get converted to glucose, but the process of converting aminos to glucose is energy intensive at a rate of about 2-1, so you'll only be left with around ~2250 of glucose, which is around "500 grams of carbs", and since that would be your only "carb intake" for the day, you'd most likely use all of that for fuel and/or storing it as glycogen before you'd ever convert it and store it as fat.

Sounds smart. But i don't agree with any of that.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel-Lianfu
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131