over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Never drink a whey iso shake alone?

I’m not afraid of it at all. I’m fine with having extra calories and or protein that converts to carbs. I have a fast metabolism and need all the help I can get. I was just trying to make the point that very little of the protein we consume actually ends up being used to form new muscle tissue. Watch the video with Justin and he explains why 1-2 grams of protein per day is still a good idea even though most of it is being utilized as carbs

I have already watched the video, the info is interesting but insubstantial, I mean, nothing changes because we will continue to need a lot of protein in the diet.

Not really. If you’re eating any carbs at all during a cutting phase they should be post workout

No one is raising anything other than that.

Still, whey protein is designed to be used around your workout, regardless of whether you are eating carbs or not.

Protein is responsible for much of the structure and function of all the body's tissues, organs, and regulation. It's a big job. Once that is met and then the repair of damage, the rest would be left for transmission to carbohydrates.
I'm sure this isn't the case, but it comes off as if you're saying protein is preferred to turn to carbs before all other functions so you better eat some carbs so you don't rob yourself of proteins function.
With or without carbs, protein is ceasing protein breakdown and starting protein synthesis and within that function(amongst others), some is getting converted to glucose....if it's needed.
No I don’t believe it turns into carbs preferentially. But what Justin says makes sense

No one is raising anything other than that.

Still, whey protein is designed to be used around your workout, regardless of whether you are eating carbs or not.
Of course it is. I never said otherwise. But it still makes sense to have it with carbs. Unless your on a keto diet why would you ever not want carbs and strictly have protein post or pre workout? Even when dieting it would be beneficial to stack those carbs around this time….which is also when youll be having whey protein. I’m not arguing that whey iso shouldn’t be used, or should only be used at certain times. Just that there’s no point having it without carbohydrates. I have 3 scoops of whey iso daily, 1 in each of my two chicken shakes, and 1 post workout with carbs

If you over eat protein

1. All protein is broken down into amino acids, your body uses all that it needs and you will pee out any extra.
2. Calories from over eating protein will be stored as fat (more carbs and fat that's currently in your diet will be stored as fat)

Gluconeogenisis is DEMAND DRIVEN!!

If that were true, wouldn’t that mean that someone on a whey diet alone or derives most from it would make zero to little gains?

I remember Justin Harris talking about drinking whey isolate alone on Fouads Podcast. He said its better to eat real food, or make sure the
whey isolate has either fats or carbs or both in it. Drinking it alone will turn into glucose and can be verified by giving someone
who is going hypo a whey isolate to pull them out of it.

I now only drink whey in a blend of oats or peanut butter to delay gastric emptying. Just wondering what your guys thoughts on this. I know i
use to and lotta guys slam a shake in between meals or before bed, not sure if that's a bad thing now?

i guess post workout or before training fasted might be one exception?
I always add oats. One trick if any of you guys have insomnia or wake up in the middle of the night and can’t sleep…
Chug a whey shake and it should knock you out. Always worked for me.

In the long run with consistency….yes. But only a couple percent. This won’t make a difference for your average gym rat….but for top tier guys who are trying to optimize everything? Yes, I think it will make a difference over the course of years. What would be better would be to have both in the form of an intra or post shake
That's the thing. all these little things only matter if your in the long haul over 10 years.

Then where is all the protein consumed going? We’re clearly not turning 300 grams of protein a day into muscle, there’s no storage mechanism for protein, and we’re not burning off 1200 calories worth of protein daily
You also have to factor in oxidation rates.

I always add oats. One trick if any of you guys have insomnia or wake up in the middle of the night and can’t sleep…
Chug a whey shake and it should knock you out. Always worked for me.

It's funny, but when I'm on a deep diet I wake up at night and have to drink something like soda without sugar or eat a spoonful of whey.

Any type of protein will not be efficient at replenishing glycogen stores, that is not its damn function.

Then where is all the protein consumed going? We’re clearly not turning 300 grams of protein a day into muscle, there’s no storage mechanism for protein, and we’re not burning off 1200 calories worth of protein daily
PTOR

Post workout is really the only time I would drinks straight isolate.

My personal post workout blend is 40% hydrolyzed, 40% isolate, 20% casein. I slam about 60-70g of that post training and follow it up with a meal and some carbs within 60min or so.

Unless I am dieting - where I would have that same protein shake with 1-1.5tbsp almond butter and perhaps wait a bit longer to eat with minimal or zero starchy carbs.

Any other time I am drinking a shake would have 2tbsp of nut butter, or 2 tbsp EVOO, or a handful of nuts etc to basically make it time released. I typically like to do that but have been known to utilize micellar casein once in a while.

If you over eat protein

1. All protein is broken down into amino acids, your body uses all that it needs and you will pee out any extra.
2. Calories from over eating protein will be stored as fat (more carbs and fat that's currently in your diet will be stored as fat)

Gluconeogenisis is DEMAND DRIVEN!!

Sorry i disagree with over eating protein stores as fat. Over eating "calories" stores as fat.

Sorry i disagree with over eating protein stores as fat. Over eating "calories" stores as fat.
Your not very smart are you? READ WHAT THE FUCK I WROTE, and think really really hard......come on....you can do it!

Your not very smart are you? READ WHAT THE FUCK I WROTE, and think really really hard......come on....you can do it!
This is wtf u said "Calories from over eating protein will be stored as fat"

This is wtf u said "Calories from over eating protein will be stored as fat"
I will dumb it down for you.
If your maintenance calories are 3200 calories and you reach that with x amount of carbs, x amount of fat, and 270 grams of protein and you increase protein to 500 grams your body will store fat by storing the carbs and fats in fat cells and pissing out the excess aminos your body doesn't use.
Is that simple enough for you? I thought everyone knew that you don't store fat in a calorie deficit, so I thought most average intelligent people would understand my post.

I will dumb it down for you.
If your maintenance calories are 3200 calories and you reach that with x amount of carbs, x amount of fat, and 270 grams of protein and you increase protein to 500 grams your body will store fat by storing the carbs and fats in fat cells and pissing out the excess aminos your body doesn't use.
Is that simple enough for you? I thought everyone knew that you don't store fat in a calorie deficit, so I thought most average intelligent people would understand my post.

U just made it even more confusing bro lol

Yea THAT excess of 230g protein which is 920 cals. Wuld put u then at 4k. I just got that eatin excess protein will turn to fat from ur post. Agree to disagree

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear