advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What’s the longest you have kept a car that you bought brand new?

I’ve been trying to find an early 2000’s xj for a small daily driver/off reading build for years. Haven’t settled on a candidate though
Stopped making the Wagoneers XJ in 2001. You would not believe what people are paying the Comanche pickups.

I had a 2016 challenger and 2018 charger both with the 392 (6.4) no way your getting 12s 1/4 mile with that engine in a big horn. The charger I put big ass drag radials for traction and that got me in the 11s (barely), but I am in Phoenix and the air here is shit for 1/4 miles so maybe I'm way off based on where you live.

No bud, just a 6.4 won’t get close. But I also have a P-1SC Pro charger unit in the garage.

6.4L+ 7psi boost+ E85…….I think 550hp to the wheels isn’t out of the question

Bought new and kept longest would have to be a 1996 Lotus Esprit S4s that I still have and a 2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo that I traded-in in 2020 on a new Bentley Bentayga.

But by far length wise, is my first ever car which I still have 30 years later - a 1976 Datsun 260C. It cost me $1,500 as a POS in 1992. Now it presents as a museum piece after spending over $50k to restore it to new.

I just started restoring my Dad's 280zx he bought new in 1982. I love all Z's. I'm looking forward to the new 400 when it comes out.

Mine is their silver color, cant remember what they call it. Ive modded mine with a reprogram of the chip, sports exhaust, bilstein adjustable shocks, engine mounts, air intake, etc. It sits lower than stock and is very fast on the Mid Ohio track when I take it. Lots of fun. Horsepower stock was 480, I think its around 530 now but never tested it. Its the same engine based on the racing engine the put in the gt3 but with 2 turbos. My memory is shot so now I dont recall its name. The shop I use has modded the engine to get over 1000 hp, but that requires a different transmission. For the HP mostly what you need is the beefier turbos and intercoolers.

View attachment 154169
Awesome car Maldorf. I know if and when I can afford a Porsche I will be asking you for advice.

I like that man!! I need to go back to more comfortable i have a big wheel bagger things cost a fortune to build .. 26” front wheel , full air ride sits on frame and the list just goes on
Nice, I have a friend who built his bike like this. I wanted a more classical look.

I am in UK so for a lot of you guys that will tell nothing. Imagine roads so narrow that there is only space for two small cars and nothing else. I am also 6 foot 1 with long legs. Finding car with a lot of space inside but small city car where you will not struggle to park on a roads or when traffic was challenging. If one was small enough there was no space enough for me. After searching and trying found nice honda jazz 1.4 sport version - enough acceleration to get quick from rondabouts. That is my 5th year on it and only 60000 miles so far so will keep it as long as i can. UK roads sucks but people here are very very polite. Almost every time when you are stuck somebody will always let you go.

I am in UK so for a lot of you guys that will tell nothing. Imagine roads so narrow that there is only space for two small cars and nothing else. I am also 6 foot 1 with long legs. Finding car with a lot of space inside but small city car where you will not struggle to park on a roads or when traffic was challenging. If one was small enough there was no space enough for me. After searching and trying found nice honda jazz 1.4 sport version - enough acceleration to get quick from rondabouts. That is my 5th year on it and only 60000 miles so far so will keep it as long as i can. UK roads sucks but people here are very very polite. Almost every time when you are stuck somebody will always let you go.
Sounds like the roads in Italy. I drove there for a couple of weeks on vacation. Do your roads have a lot of motorbikes too, zipping in between cars and driving down the middle of 2 lanes?

I keep a Bentley Flying Spur in the UK which I use all over Europe for my trips there several times a year. I never found it uncomfortably big. That includes british country lanes, London peak hour traffic or anywhere else in Europe. Yes, a bit tight in some older places in Italy, but never stressful.

Sounds like the roads in Italy. I drove there for a couple of weeks on vacation. Do your roads have a lot of motorbikes too, zipping in between cars and driving down the middle of 2 lanes?
Traffic and road behaviour is very similar in all English speaking countries - USA, UK, Canada, Australia. London driving conditions are nothing like Rome's (for example).

I keep a Bentley Flying Spur in the UK which I use all over Europe for my trips there several times a year. I never found it uncomfortably big. That includes british country lanes, London peak hour traffic or anywhere else in Europe. Yes, a bit tight in some older places in Italy, but never stressful.
So do you think cities like Florence have unusually narrow streets, or is that about the usual in Europe? Italy is the only European country I've ever driven in, so I'm clueless.

I was driving a Mercedes E class and it felt really big. I scrapped the side of it trying to pull into an underground parking garage. Very narrow all over. That was in Naples.

I treat my car like my cellphone! I don't change it unless it dies on me! :)

So do you think cities like Florence have unusually narrow streets, or is that about the usual in Europe? Italy is the only European country I've ever driven in, so I'm clueless.

I was driving a Mercedes E class and it felt really big. I scrapped the side of it trying to pull into an underground parking garage. Very narrow all over. That was in Naples.
Oh no, Florence is fucked LOL
Here's me squeezing the Bentley (while the side proximity sensors are going nuts) on a road in Florence that the SatNav said it was a "major road"...

20160524_134932x.jpg 20160523_170559x.jpg

Before I moved to Romania, I bought a 2006 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic from some old guy who dropped it in Garage. Just too heavy for him. I am customizing it to my liking. So far, upgraded Zodiac stereo with Bluetooth, MP3 and USB. Upgraded Rockford Fosgate speakers. Progressive 944 touring shocks. Lowered. Candy brandywine paint job. Will be adding some red ghost flames. Detachable sissy bar and also detachable color matched razor tour pack. Upgraded handlebars. Extra chrome. Lowered tint windshield. Vance Hines pipes. I am adding a Cobra power pack since it is fuel injected. Changed front 16" rim to performance machine 19" with Metzler tires front and back. Upgraded Saddle Man seat and highway pegs. Upgraded rear brake lights. Kuryakyn saddle bag extension with red lights. Prism lights at engine. Bike is comfortable and paint makes it stand out. This is what it looks like so far without tour pack. View attachment 154198
Do you see many Harleys in Romania? I'm wondering if there are some clubs there.

Oh no, Florence is fucked LOL
Here's me squeezing the Bentley (while the side proximity sensors are going nuts) on a road in Florence that the SatNav said it was a "major road"...

View attachment 154240View attachment 154241
YES! That's the roads I was driving on. Many of them I swore were one way streets but then another car would come at me head on! A few times I was worried I had gone down the street the wrong way, but it was indeed 2 way. Quite a few times it would be my car and another passing on a narrow street similar to that and at the same time a dude on a motorbike would zip between our two cars!

Do you see many Harleys in Romania? I'm wondering if there are some clubs there.
There is lots of clubs out here, including Hell's Angels. I met the brother of the president the other day. You buy a Harley here, expect to pay 50% more. They hold value here.

Dang. What's the next car?
Not sure. Gonna just stick with the Denali for now. Paying $4500 a month for 2 vehicles was starting to feel silly. Anyone looking to drive an exotic is probably better off just renting one for the day for $500-1000 and getting it out of your system. Trying to get in and out of that carbon fiber tub on a daily basis was killing my back. Plus I want to buy another house this year and didn't feel like having a 200k debt on my credit report. If I get the itch again I will go with something a little higher off the ground and a smoother ride.

Nice, I have a friend who built his bike like this. I wanted a more classical look.
Definitely like the route your goin as i get a little older i need more comfort. Mine sucks to ride

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131