advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What’s the longest you have kept a car that you bought brand new?

Iv'e owned a 928S4, a Cayman S and a couple 911's. The Turbo S Cab is on my bucket list. I plan on semi retiring and I'll work a couple days a week to pay for a few toys. The 911 4S is amazing. It has carbon fiber interior, chrono, sport and sport plus. The sport plus is crazy fast and I have never done the Launch before. However, I simply love the Turbo S and will cross that off at some point. My 4S only has 35k mile on it. Mine is white and tan, yours?
Mine is their silver color, cant remember what they call it. Ive modded mine with a reprogram of the chip, sports exhaust, bilstein adjustable shocks, engine mounts, air intake, etc. It sits lower than stock and is very fast on the Mid Ohio track when I take it. Lots of fun. Horsepower stock was 480, I think its around 530 now but never tested it. Its the same engine based on the racing engine the put in the gt3 but with 2 turbos. My memory is shot so now I dont recall its name. The shop I use has modded the engine to get over 1000 hp, but that requires a different transmission. For the HP mostly what you need is the beefier turbos and intercoolers.

small 911.jpg

You are right , But some of the smaller motor are coming in with impressive numbers
When Ford put the twin turbo V6 in the F-150 I wanted to gag and I figured they would be a short lived affair but my father in law has a 2012 Ecoboost with 219+ thousand miles , all stock.!!
I'm pretty impressed but it doesn't pull trailers like it has the torque it's listed as , my son has the same truck but with a 5.0 and it tows better.
I agree with this i just got the new 3.0l duramax it gets 21-24mpg has plenty of power . Well at least to me . I can pull a 27ft boat no problem for what the truck is ..

I don't even remember when I bought a new car, but bought new Harley Davidsons. I bought a 1995 Ford 150 in 2005 for $7000 and kept for 15 years up to the time I moved out of country.
A harley guy! I like to see that.. what are u riding ?

Mine is their silver color, cant remember what they call it. Ive modded mine with a reprogram of the chip, sports exhaust, bilstein adjustable shocks, engine mounts, air intake, etc. It sits lower than stock and is very fast on the Mid Ohio track when I take it. Lots of fun. Horsepower stock was 480, I think its around 530 now but never tested it. Its the same engine based on the racing engine the put in the gt3 but with 2 turbos. My memory is shot so now I dont recall its name. The shop I use has modded the engine to get over 1000 hp, but that requires a different transmission. For the HP mostly what you need is the beefier turbos and intercoolers.

View attachment 154169
Sharp 911. Love it. 530 horses will get up and go. Here's my girl:

Attachments

• Porsche 911 4S.jpg
    Porsche 911 4S.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 10
Bought new and kept longest would have to be a 1996 Lotus Esprit S4s that I still have and a 2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo that I traded-in in 2020 on a new Bentley Bentayga.

But by far length wise, is my first ever car which I still have 30 years later - a 1976 Datsun 260C. It cost me $1,500 as a POS in 1992. Now it presents as a museum piece after spending over $50k to restore it to new.

A harley guy! I like to see that.. what are u riding ?

Before I moved to Romania, I bought a 2006 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic from some old guy who dropped it in Garage. Just too heavy for him. I am customizing it to my liking. So far, upgraded Zodiac stereo with Bluetooth, MP3 and USB. Upgraded Rockford Fosgate speakers. Progressive 944 touring shocks. Lowered. Candy brandywine paint job. Will be adding some red ghost flames. Detachable sissy bar and also detachable color matched razor tour pack. Upgraded handlebars. Extra chrome. Lowered tint windshield. Vance Hines pipes. I am adding a Cobra power pack since it is fuel injected. Changed front 16" rim to performance machine 19" with Metzler tires front and back. Upgraded Saddle Man seat and highway pegs. Upgraded rear brake lights. Kuryakyn saddle bag extension with red lights. Prism lights at engine. Bike is comfortable and paint makes it stand out. This is what it looks like so far without tour pack. IMG-20220304-WA0007.jpg

Bought new and kept longest would have to be a 1996 Lotus Esprit S4s that I still have and a 2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo that I traded-in in 2020 on a new Bentley Bentayga.

But by far length wise, is my first ever car which I still have 30 years later - a 1976 Datsun 260C. It cost me $1,500 as a POS in 1992. Now it presents as a museum piece after spending over $50k to restore it to new.
Datsun 260 is a cool car. I had a 1978 Datsun 280Z. I kept it a few years and loved the pull. The floor rusted out and I could see the road. I finally had some nut make me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I let it go. Wish I kept it.

99 was still the 7.3, right? Buddies 7.3 was at ~416k last time I was out at his property (over a year ago). All miles under use/abuse, and still running strong.
7.3’s have a undeserved reputation. They don’t rev high enough or make enough power to hurt themselves.

Any modern full size truck with a V6 has more power.

Sadly, and I hate this about myself, but I'm lucky to make it 2 years. I love cars, they are my most expensive hobby - but I get bored. I'm hoping my most recent purchase changes that and I keep this one for at least 4-5.

Haha I get it. I have a 2012 ram bighorn 4x4 and I’m slowly acquiring parts to drop a 6.4L hemi in it.

I think you have to Have some redneck in you to want a truck that runs 12s in the 1/4 mile
I had a 2016 challenger and 2018 charger both with the 392 (6.4) no way your getting 12s 1/4 mile with that engine in a big horn. The charger I put big ass drag radials for traction and that got me in the 11s (barely), but I am in Phoenix and the air here is shit for 1/4 miles so maybe I'm way off based on where you live.

Haha I get it. I have a 2012 ram bighorn 4x4 and I’m slowly acquiring parts to drop a 6.4L hemi in it.

I think you have to Have some redneck in you to want a truck that runs 12s in the 1/4 mile
That’s why I just went ahead and got a trx a few months back lol

Before I moved to Romania, I bought a 2006 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic from some old guy who dropped it in Garage. Just too heavy for him. I am customizing it to my liking. So far, upgraded Zodiac stereo with Bluetooth, MP3 and USB. Upgraded Rockford Fosgate speakers. Progressive 944 touring shocks. Lowered. Candy brandywine paint job. Will be adding some red ghost flames. Detachable sissy bar and also detachable color matched razor tour pack. Upgraded handlebars. Extra chrome. Lowered tint windshield. Vance Hines pipes. I am adding a Cobra power pack since it is fuel injected. Changed front 16" rim to performance machine 19" with Metzler tires front and back. Upgraded Saddle Man seat and highway pegs. Upgraded rear brake lights. Kuryakyn saddle bag extension with red lights. Prism lights at engine. Bike is comfortable and paint makes it stand out. This is what it looks like so far without tour pack. View attachment 154198
I like that man!! I need to go back to more comfortable i have a big wheel bagger things cost a fortune to build .. 26” front wheel , full air ride sits on frame and the list just goes on

Attachments

• BA0639D6-731C-4695-AA37-B9B923C1E01E.jpeg
    BA0639D6-731C-4695-AA37-B9B923C1E01E.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 8
Never bought a car from a showroom or off a lot in my life. But the 2003 AMC 4.0L inline 6 Wrangler TJ I have now is worth more today than 10 years ago when I bought it with 48k miles. And the 2014 Wrankler JK was destroyed when some drunken dipshit slammed into me. But that JK folded like a tin can. My TJ has come away from serious bumps off road without a dent.

Cars are money pits. I get the fascination though. Especially with the top sportscars. I guess I feel the same about cars as with kids. I don't mind my own youngsters having kid friends over but I'm glad when they go home to their own parents. Probably how grandparents feel, too.

2002 Yukon XL… still kicking after 243,000 miles.

Never bought a car from a showroom or off a lot in my life. But the 2003 AMC 4.0L inline 6 Wrangler TJ I have now is worth more today than 10 years ago when I bought it with 48k miles. And the 2014 Wrankler JK was destroyed when some drunken dipshit slammed into me. But that JK folded like a tin can. My TJ has come away from serious bumps off road without a dent.

Cars are money pits. I get the fascination though. Especially with the top sportscars. I guess I feel the same about cars as with kids. I don't mind my own youngsters having kid friends over but I'm glad when they go home to their own parents. Probably how grandparents feel, too.
I’ve been trying to find an early 2000’s xj for a small daily driver/off reading build for years. Haven’t settled on a candidate though

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws