over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

yummy...cigarette right before lifting

i agree. well here it is....my demon....i was addicted to nubain....then oxycotinin, then HEROIN. that right 4 years worht of pain and anguish and trying to not be sick constantly. i was up to 10 bags of heroin per shot!!! thats a whole bundle!!!!! and that was 3-5 times a day!!!! i am recovering about 4 years clean now. i went on methadone and the suboxone. even still you have to suffer withdrawls to get from one medication to another and resist the urge to use or you start all over again! when people tell me its to hard to quit anything i get so pissed. if ican do it then you can too! but it takes an inner strength some people just dont have. my mom had a heart attack a few weeks ago. she hadnt smoked for 2 weeks and i found out yesterday she is smoking again! i am so pissed and she says i dont understand.

opiates are hell. they will bring you to the brink of insanity and back. the one positive thing is i know i can do ANYTHING after that hell!!!!!

Damn Lucian, I didn't know that about you. You have my total respect bro.

I smoked for a few years and I quit. But it took me several attempts to be successful. I do think they add chemicals to American cigarettes to make them more addictive than just the nicotine alone. When I am in Mexico, I might grab a pack of Cuban cigarettes or a few cigars and smoke those for a week or two. Never had a problem putting those down. But they use only tobacco. No additives or flavorings.

Damn Lucian, I didn't know that about you. You have my total respect bro.

I smoked for a few years and I quit. But it took me several attempts to be successful. I do think they add chemicals to American cigarettes to make them more addictive than just the nicotine alone. When I am in Mexico, I might grab a pack of Cuban cigarettes or a few cigars and smoke those for a week or two. Never had a problem putting those down. But they use only tobacco. No additives or flavorings.

good thought brick. Think about how much tax money cigarettes bring with them man. The government wouldnt know what to do with themselves if they lost the sale.

you cant label every smoker under that. Im a smoker and was before i started to hit the gym. unfortanely i havent been able to quit. It was with me from the start. I consider myself a very health conscious person minus the smokin. im 5'9 215 and in great shape. If you have never been addicted to smoking you prolly dont now what its like to quit and I dont mean the casual social smoker. I been smoking since I was 14 now 27, thats 13 years. let me just say it is not easy to quit. I have a few buddys that do smoke and are huge meaning bodybuilder like. Does smoking affect you in the gym? I guess so. as for me I dont notice a difference since I have always smoked. I can smoke a ciggarette and still run 2 miles in 17min. not bad I guess. I do want to quit smoking in the future though!
I can't kick it either and I have been smoking for close to 40 years. I even had a crack addiction in the 80's and was able to stop that..But can't stop smoking.

There are tons of articles out there on the negative effect nicotene has on protein synthesis. search around.
I used nicorettes way back when for thermogenic effects and ergogenic aids and there are safer options out there for a kick and a trick...

I can't kick it either and I have been smoking for close to 40 years. I even had a crack addiction in the 80's and was able to stop that..But can't stop smoking.

doesnt smoking kill your appetite? I have heard many people say when they try to stop smoking they get hungry as hell and eat everything in site.

My Sister and her husband quit with in a week using Chantix.
**broken link removed**

Right on!

God does bless those of you who posse the desire to remove the negative factors (smoking, drug abuse, etc) from your lives. Therefore, god bless everyone of you who have taken or are taking the steps to remove those factors from your blessed lives!

You do get sick when you quit smoking, but i agree with what you said, quitting smoking doesnt comapre to opiates in terms of withdrawl.

could you explain this a little further? I quit, several employees quit along with me. not a single person got sick, got shakes, got withdraws etc.. Its simply a habit addiction, using the nicotine shit is a cop out for weakness. You basically have to have the power to dismiss that habit and find another one to take its place. Opiates are a different ballgame, your body freaks out.
I ONLY quit for cardio reasons, and it helped rid my sleep apnea. I enjoyed smoking. Hell i still enjoy a cigar every now and then.

Last edited:
i agree. well here it is....my demon....i was addicted to nubain....then oxycotinin, then HEROIN. that right 4 years worht of pain and anguish and trying to not be sick constantly. i was up to 10 bags of heroin per shot!!! thats a whole bundle!!!!! and that was 3-5 times a day!!!! i am recovering about 4 years clean now. i went on methadone and the suboxone. even still you have to suffer withdrawls to get from one medication to another and resist the urge to use or you start all over again! when people tell me its to hard to quit anything i get so pissed. if ican do it then you can too! but it takes an inner strength some people just dont have. my mom had a heart attack a few weeks ago. she hadnt smoked for 2 weeks and i found out yesterday she is smoking again! i am so pissed and she says i dont understand.

opiates are hell. they will bring you to the brink of insanity and back. the one positive thing is i know i can do ANYTHING after that hell!!!!!
I know your demon well my friend.
My Sister and her husband quit with in a week using Chantix.
**broken link removed**
Tried this with the wife and it has horrible side effects. I dont recommend this method. But thanks Massive for at least putting something out thier.
Cold turkey is the best method of quiting smoking/chew.
I bet many members use chew but are not speaking up!

Last edited:
Dipping, I Like It...

I have dipped for seven years. I started while playing high school hockey where tins of skoal would get passed around after games and practices. I enjoy dipping, but am aware of the dangers. I am starting to get white spots on the inside of my lip. Quitting is definitely going to be hard though, because it is such a ritual for me. I love having a dip in the shower right after the gym, it is such a part of my routine. Nicotine is actually a pretty powerful drug and is hard to come off of. Props to all you guys who quit harder drugs, to me that is proof that the will can overcome these things if properly inspired.

yes smoking is a addiction nicotine or not. you get used to it being part of your daily life. the oral fixation is what gets you more than any nicotine receptor in your brain. you dont so much get an increase in appetite as food tastes better. on top of that you replace one oral fixation for another. so a food addiction is very easy to develope. wow lucian that is one hell of a addiction, takes alot to kick, and alot more to admit that you had that addiction. thats really cool that you were able to over come it.

good job being clean and quitting that shit man, it is seriously hard. for me, personally, quitting the meth was fairly easy. the heroin was hell, but the cocaine was the worst. i was extremely addicted to the stuff and the withdrawals from it were hell...i basically had to have my family and friends keep a tight leash on all of my funds so i had no way of getting to it...its all about mental power. if you are strong enough to do that, you can do anything.

doesnt smoking kill your appetite? I have heard many people say when they try to stop smoking they get hungry as hell and eat everything in site.
After smoking for 40 yrs have no idea and have never stopped smoking so I can't answer either...Not sure if anything would kill my appetite

Yup, I'm right there with you bro. I wen't from a huge ass bodybuilder and a shit hot member of the US Special Forces... to a straight up junkie! I had an extreme addiction to Oxycontin. It forced my bodybuilding to complete stop for almost 2 years. In that time, I developed a slight problem with crack also, but coke/crack is just a mental addiction, no physical withdrawls... so I was able to stop that fairly easy. Lost a few girlfriends and was spending at least $500 or more a week, just to keep from hurting. After a couple years and thousands of dollars in debt, I was able to get on Suboxone and got off opiates completly. Opiotes aint no joke, if you like your hobby of Bodybuilding.... or simply lifting in general... don't mess around with them. They will be your best friend... but your worse enemy at the same time.

Yup, I'm right there with you bro. I wen't from a huge ass bodybuilder and a shit hot member of the US Special Forces... to a straight up junkie! I had an extreme addiction to Oxycontin. It forced my bodybuilding to complete stop for almost 2 years. In that time, I developed a slight problem with crack also, but coke/crack is just a mental addiction, no physical withdrawls... so I was able to stop that fairly easy. Lost a few girlfriends and was spending at least $500 or more a week, just to keep from hurting. After a couple years and thousands of dollars in debt, I was able to get on Suboxone and got off opiates completly. Opiotes aint no joke, if you like your hobby of Bodybuilding.... or simply lifting in general... don't mess around with them. They will be your best friend... but your worse enemy at the same time.

PlateStacker. MY name is Kris. I "understand" what you just wrote. I "understand" completely what you just wrote. If you ever get a chill. PM me.

I used to smoke half a pack for 6 years before I finally decided to quit and actually dedicate my time and discipline to the weights. And I did it cold turkey. It is very possible to quit smoking, it's just that addicts just aren't willing to. To those people that say smoking is a habit that can't be given up, it's a lie and their the ones who aren't making the effort or being disciplined enough to quit on their own. Also, IMO a smoker who actually makes an attempt at coming to the gym and lifting and cardio is actually doing themselves good compared to those who smoke and remain sedentary. Hey, at least they're making the effort.

SO TRUE...on a board full of guys who are so adamant about their diet, training, etc, i cant believe people would say they cant quit smoking...just STOP BUYING THEM...done...i often want to get hooked just so i can quit and then tell people who say its sooooo hard to just f*ckin do it...if u can stuff down 7 weighed out meals a day, get 8 hrs sleep a night, and train 6 days/week, how can you not stop paying $6/pack for something you KNOW is bad for you?

SO TRUE...on a board full of guys who are so adamant about their diet, training, etc, i cant believe people would say they cant quit smoking...just STOP BUYING THEM...done...i often want to get hooked just so i can quit and then tell people who say its sooooo hard to just f*ckin do it...if u can stuff down 7 weighed out meals a day, get 8 hrs sleep a night, and train 6 days/week, how can you not stop paying $6/pack for something you KNOW is bad for you?

where the hell have you been? after tp4u introduced you you disappeared.

One day I was pulling out of the gym parking lot lighting up a butt after an intense weight training and cardio session.. Something just clicked with me and I said to myself out loud.. "wtf am I doing?" here I am busting my ass trying to look as best I can on the outside.. and here i am destroying my insides. I threw it out the window along with the rest of the pack and never looked back.. that was two years ago and I smoked for 10 years.

Huge props to all you guys that cleaned up from the opiates and have the inner-strength to stay true to it.. my brother is waging that war right now very badly.. all I can do is encourage him and never give up on him.. it is an encouragment to me to read about your success and perserverance. Thank you for sharing that.

Best regards,
-NCMAC

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner