over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

no biggee but was wondering why my post was deleted

Is that "edge" worth making changes in your body that we don't yet fully understand?
IMO, in some cases yes, in some no. I would take something to reduce myostatin but not to eliminate it. I take Melanotan II without knowing the long term affects, so why not?

I realize to some this might be self-destructive but life is full of gambles, sometimes they cost but some times they pay off big time.

The Myostatin peptide has been available for some time now in the UK and USA but youd have to be a fool [or have big balls] to use it.

With no concrete evidence that it will not entice growth in the Heart as of yet - youd be taking a big risk. But it is freely available - only time till someone trials it....in this community.

Only good size is 30% growth in muscle in 3.5 weeks! Scary

Is this what you are talking about:

http://www.abcam.com/GDF8-Myostatin-antibody-ab996.html

that's why myostatin is important. it's one of the pathways to control the body and keep it's size in check. if we don't produce the restrictor, how will the body know it's getting "too big"? what's going to stop the growth if we don't have myostatin? remove that and the body won't regulate itself through that path anymore.

The thing about this is that transcription changes what we think the body will do when it is let free. Take the Double Muscle Wippets for example; do you think they eat more? No, the body just upped the ante on how it can utilize given nutrients and how that effects muscle building.

To think of it from an evolutionary stand point. Its like going back in time and reprogramming your body to use ALL nutrients instead of storing them for a later time of possible starvation.

It would ruin the sport, but surly do no more harm than AS has; that's purely up to your bodybuilding morals.

The thing about this is that transcription changes what we think the body will do when it is let free. Take the Double Muscle Wippets for example; do you think they eat more? No, the body just upped the ante on how it can utilize given nutrients and how that effects muscle building.

To think of it from an evolutionary stand point. Its like going back in time and reprogramming your body to use ALL nutrients instead of storing them for a later time of possible starvation.

It would ruin the sport, but surly do no more harm than AS has; that's purely up to your bodybuilding morals.

I'm sorry but you can't make the statement that it would "surely do no more harm than AAS has." This isn't natural selection, it's no evolution. The body was made the way it was for a reason. Remove the storage capabilities of the body and humans don't make it to today. We would've died out thousands of years ago. The evironment of evolutionary adaptiveness (EEA) is completely different from today. Humans were primarily hunters and gatherers, which meant food shortages were common. If the body were to utilize all of it's nutrients immediately, the human race would've starved to death.

Are you sure that the myostatin inhibited whippets don't eat more? I thought I read somewhere they did...I'll see if I can find that.

Evolutionarily, if this was supposed to happen, it would've or it will. Leave it alone. You're playing with fire here. What happens when we don't know the full extent of myostatin or the gene we would be altering? What happens when the same gene encodes for something rather important to humans? We can't tell that from dogs and cattle, they don't have the same genotype. It's just not a solid concept, nor something that will ever be fully understood.

I'll address each one, since you speed read my comments...

I'm sorry but you can't make the statement that it would "surely do no more harm than AAS has."
Surly no more to the BODYBUILDING SCENE; not the individuals body.

This isn't natural selection, it's no evolution. The body was made the way it was for a reason. Remove the storage capabilities of the body and humans don't make it to today. We would've died out thousands of years ago. The evironment of evolutionary adaptiveness (EEA) is completely different from today. Humans were primarily hunters and gatherers, which meant food shortages were common. If the body were to utilize all of it's nutrients immediately, the human race would've starved to death. Evolutionarily, if this was supposed to happen, it would've or it will. Leave it alone.

Once again... Obviously the race would have died out; hence why the body stores the nutrients... Thats common sense
I was referring to evolution or what have you in the sense that now the body would be "let free" of the notion that it can't build the body for performance without serious consequences.

Are you sure that the myostatin inhibited whippets don't eat more? I thought I read somewhere they did...I'll see if I can find that.

From what I've seen they don't... As a matter of fact for ages the double muscle dogs were immediately killed out of fear that the mutation would spread and over take the normal appearance of the wippet. Think of it this way. When you take AS you don't have to eat extra to reap the benefits of the extra protein synthesis; we just do as competitors to take advantage of the abnormal body environment created.

You're playing with fire here. What happens when we don't know the full extent of myostatin or the gene we would be altering? What happens when the same gene encodes for something rather important to humans? We can't tell that from dogs and cattle, they don't have the same genotype. It's just not a solid concept, nor something that will ever be fully understood.

Well we're going to get to a point of where people and/or institutions experiment on humans. I take MT2 and people here use peptides... Experimentation on the body is up to the individual. Thankfully in the 21st century we have the ability to vastly communicate experiences or where would most of the people on this board be?

I'm sorry but I can't agree with your first statement. How can you compare the effects of AAS, which has been present throughout bodybuilding and has pretty much made the sport what it is, and gene altering? I'm not trying be be an ass, but do you understand the concept of gene altering? AAS is a completely different animal and use of AAS changes your body on a much smaller scale than gene modification. Many people have stated myostatin inhibition will kill bodybuilding, including some very well respected guys in the community.

I can see where you're going with the evolution, but how would everyone being gigantic muscular people help society? How is that adaptively positive?

Well think about it this way: how much does a 175lb man need to eat to maintain that weight? More importantly, how many nutrients does he need to not be malnurished? Now compare that to a 300lb man. I have to think that the bigger man would need to eat more, even with the body being more productive. If the body doesn't store nutrients anymore, he'd have to eat very often, and would in turn eat more food.

I think we're talking about 2 different types of myostatin inhibition. Taking a pill that will block some myostatin is very different from completely inhibiting myostatin through gene removal/altering. I doubt we'll ever get to a point where we'll test on humans the way you make it sound, trust me I've been involved in human studies. They're very tightly regulated. There is a difference still between peptides and gene altering. Neither MT2 or peptides do the same thing gene altering would be.

See everything in regards

I'm sorry but I can't agree with your first statement. How can you compare the effects of AAS, which has been present throughout bodybuilding and has pretty much made the sport what it is, and gene altering? I'm not trying be be an ass, but do you understand the concept of gene altering? AAS is a completely different animal and use of AAS changes your body on a much smaller scale than gene modification.

I agree with that its apples and oranges with respect to whats literally being done to your body; but in respect to unlocking potential it'll actually possibly bring a new level of even ground. As in now everyone is maxed; what can you do to set yourself apart?
Yea a far shot.

Many people have stated myostatin inhibition will kill bodybuilding, including some very well respected guys in the community.

I said the first time, that I agreed. It pretty much would; since now Joe blow can play Warcraft all day with 20inch biceps and absolutely no training.

I can see where you're going with the evolution, but how would everyone being gigantic muscular people help society? How is that adaptively positive?

How could it not be... Seriously? Just think about it... No more obesity, that right there is taking down the US and spilling over to other country's. Just think of how much more mobile elderly people will be.... Honestly I can't see how it could be bad.

Now in respect to self worth achieved through the Hi's and Low's of working out; thats out the window.

Well think about it this way: how much does a 175lb man need to eat to maintain that weight? More importantly, how many nutrients does he need to not be malnurished? Now compare that to a 300lb man. I have to think that the bigger man would need to eat more, even with the body being more productive. If the body doesn't store nutrients anymore, he'd have to eat very often, and would in turn eat more food.

Maybe, maybe not. Your not storing anymore, but then again your body is no longer caring about the abundance of food. I'm not going to get into speculation, but I believe we would consume the same we do now. PHIL says he only ate when hungry and look how he turned out. We don't have to engorge to grow or maintain.

I think we're talking about 2 different types of myostatin inhibition. Taking a pill that will block some myostatin is very different from completely inhibiting myostatin through gene removal/altering. I doubt we'll ever get to a point where we'll test on humans the way you make it sound, trust me I've been involved in human studies. They're very tightly regulated.

Yes those are completly different, as 1s permanent and the other is a temp solution. We test everything on everyone, it just doesnt pop up. Now its not like we're going to be hosting a walk in voluteer program. Its probably only be last resort life threating circumstances first (and rightfully so) but it'll kick start a chain reaction of where people will hear what happened and seek it out.

lol everything is tightly regulated :rolleyes: :p

There is a difference still between peptides and gene altering. Neither MT2 or peptides do the same thing gene altering would be.

I whole heartily agree. I was just using those examples since the FDA hasn't approved of those and people are using them.

But you don't think that making these guys into freaks? Think of it like this: what did Greg Valentino do to the sport? He brough unneeded attention from the media to a rare freak show from the sport. If they all turn into that, the social stigma will be even worse and people will be required to go to these extremes to compete, even at a local level. Without knowing the repercussions, this could be devastating.

Ok just making sure we're on the same page on it's effect on bodybuilding.

More mobile elderly people? Honestly, the human body was not designed to be old. There are reasons why neurological problems are so prevalent in elderly people. So mobile, muscular elderly people with dementia is good? :p Now that's an extreme example, but honestly society is not ready for that change at all.

But still, I hold to my bodyweight argument. There has to be some difference, how could there not be? A larger guy needs more nutrients to sustain that size. I don't see how that wouldn't require more food?

It'll start with muscle wasting diseases like muscular dystrophy. I don't know, we'll see where everything with this goes. And studies are tightly regulated, I promise. A lot more so than people think, especially with new drugs/treatments.

good point nosmas

he can air out my dirty laundry for me...whatever

Last edited:
i really dislike how all the threads turn out like this

the arguement the larger the person the more food they need is not valid. i knew paul dillet and saw the way he ate, he ate like a bird. maybe 2k caliries a day spread out in 2 meals of mostly junk. i know 170lb high school kids that would wipe the floor with him in any eating contest..

In front of me, Paul Dillet ate 8 Big Macs, 2 cheese burgers and drank 2 large cokes, all in one very quick sitting.

Now, all of you, make sure you don't post ANY personal attacks whatsoever, because if you do, the thread will be locked, as it will be too time consuming to be edited.

In front of me, Paul Dillet ate 8 Big Macs, 2 cheese burgers and drank 2 large cokes, all in one very quick sitting.

Now, all of you, make sure you don't post ANY personal attacks whatsoever, because if you do, the thread will be locked, as it will be too time consuming to be edited.

MCDS BIG MACS, THE LOST SECRET TO GETTING BIG. QUICK TAKE IT DOWN BEFORE SOMEONE SEES IT:D

My, my... How the plot thickens... :rolleyes:

Confuzed, just know I'm still supporting you. Not in a smartass way either. I admire the fact your willing to test out a borderline CRAZY supplement like this to take your physique to the next level.

I still think this could make our world "superhuman" though. Haha.

good point nosmas

he can air out my dirty laundry for me...whatever

and if you seriously lied about all your "graduating from a university" and "in medical school" your ridiculous. That's offensive to me as I actually AM a pre-med student. Wow.

I'll just ignore some of the drama that occured in this thread, and ask some thoughts (I emphasize thoughts because we don't have much info to go off) but what are some THOUGHTS on a dosage of an Injectable myostatin inhibitor that may show results?? I want to hear some rationale

http://www.abcam.com/GDF8-Myostatin-antibody-ab996.html for instance that one there shows 50mcg for a certain price.

There are follastatin injectables too that i have seen.

I don't really know the dosages given to rats to even have a starting range on their weight to dose ratios

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDiesel
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131