over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

no biggee but was wondering why my post was deleted

How much does it go for?

Haha, I'm going to laugh when CG tries this stuff and somehow by miracle it blows up his muscles with no side effects.

Who's going to be laughing then;)

Haha, I'm going to laugh when CG tries this stuff and somehow by miracle it blows up his muscles with no side effects.

Who's going to be laughing then;)

he will when he can't afford to eat anymore :rolleyes: as many calories as he'd need to fulfill his nutritional needs he'd eat 24/7, be broke, and need me to give him a new heart just from the sheer amount of food he'd eat :p

so i would...a heart transplant these days goes for about $250k

he will when he can't afford to eat anymore :rolleyes: as many calories as he'd need to fulfill his nutritional needs he'd eat 24/7, be broke, and need me to give him a new heart just from the sheer amount of food he'd eat :p

so i would...a heart transplant these days goes for about $250k
*sigh*

Why does everyone wanna be so negative about this? You'd think I'd get just a little encouragement that way we can find out for sure... I can see someone not wanting to try it but let someone do it if they're willing. Besides, who really wants to live forever? :cool:

let someone do it if they're willing? should we let someone pull a greg valentino if they're willing? think of the kickback this would bring on the sport of bodybuilding. whether it works or not, there is NO GOOD that can come out of this. if it works, we're "freaks who don't care about their own safety" and we get an ever worse stigma than we have now. we won't be juiceheads, we'll be "deranged people who are willing to genetically alter themselves and play God." is that something we want?

and what if it doesn't work? then many people may DIE. what kind of message does that send? when the bodies start piling up, the media will have a field day. oh but we don't care what the media thinks...right? you think the steriod stigma is bad? try that times about 1000 if this ever happened. bodybuilding would be attacked by all kinds of people, goverments, and organizations. there goes bodybuilding.

if you see any kind of good coming out of recreational "guinea pigs" for this, please let me know. i just don't see any.

let someone do it if they're willing? should we let someone pull a greg valentino if they're willing? think of the kickback this would bring on the sport of bodybuilding. whether it works or not, there is NO GOOD that can come out of this. if it works, we're "freaks who don't care about their own safety" and we get an ever worse stigma than we have now. we won't be juiceheads, we'll be "deranged people who are willing to genetically alter themselves and play God." is that something we want?

and what if it doesn't work? then many people may DIE. what kind of message does that send? when the bodies start piling up, the media will have a field day. oh but we don't care what the media thinks...right? you think the steriod stigma is bad? try that times about 1000 if this ever happened. bodybuilding would be attacked by all kinds of people, goverments, and organizations. there goes bodybuilding.

if you see any kind of good coming out of recreational "guinea pigs" for this, please let me know. i just don't see any.
Well, you must be fairly young... Perhaps you never heard of Dan Duchaine? And you, becoming a doctor talking about playing God? :rolleyes:

Obviously, your whole intention is to be the who decides what is acceptable as far as getting big. In the Army we use to call people like you "keepers of the tab". Haters. If you don't mind, can you write me a list of acceptable bodybuilding practices? Your opinion of course - that's all that counts, right? :D

Well, you must be fairly young... Perhaps you never heard of Dan Duchaine? And you, becoming a doctor talking about playing God? :rolleyes:

Obviously, your whole intention is to be the who decides what is acceptable as far as getting big. In the Army we use to call people like you "keepers of the tab". Haters. If you don't mind, can you write me a list of acceptable bodybuilding practices? Your opinion of course - that's all that counts, right? :D

see now you're attacking me. i never made it personal, i made it about the sport of bodybuilding. please show me the good that can come out of this.

im waiting

O I bet your just pissed as hell after this one SV. :D :D :D Keep it civil Doc!

im not fairly young...i am young and proud of it :)

i love how he attacks my profession instead of addressing the argument :rolleyes:

im not fairly young...i am young and proud of it :)

i love how he attacks my profession instead of addressing the argument :rolleyes:

Live and let.......

Its friday. Turn off the monitor and have some fun.

Live and let.......

Its friday. Turn off the monitor and have some fun.

haha yea i know. i got a busy week coming up next week. :(

and anyways...it's not only my opinion. i believe that Dante started this thread and posted a study about the effects of myostatin inhibition on tendons, which i took as him being against it. why haven't others chimed in on this?

does anyone else think this is good for bodybuilding, or just CG?

hmmmm...

see now you're attacking me. i never made it personal, i made it about the sport of bodybuilding. please show me the good that can come out of this.

im waiting
Attacking? Me? I'm just restating what you said. You say on one hand that myostatin blockers will make it hard on all you legitimate bodybuilders with Johnny Law and public opinion. I just want to know where are the rules to increase muscle size? I certainly don't want to be accused of cheating like those in other major league sports :rolleyes:

I'm just trying to follow your logic. The goal in bodybuilding is to get big, get lean, and present an aesthetically pleasing appearance.

You have no proof that myostatin blockers are dangerous other than the study posted by DC. We've gone from weak tendons to 1000's of deaths now?

No offense to you, but I think you feel the need to dictate what is acceptable in bodybuilding. My guess it is pretty much whatever you personally are willing to do. Probably in your eyes, everything else is off limits. But that brings me back to my original question - what give you the right to decide what someone else should or shouldn't do?

Attacking? Me? I'm just restating what you said. You say on one hand that myostatin blockers will make it hard on all you legitimate bodybuilders with Johnny Law and public opinion. I just want to know where are the rules to increase muscle size? I certainly don't want to be accused of cheating like those in other major league sports :rolleyes:

I'm just trying to follow your logic. The goal in bodybuilding is to get big, get lean, and present an aesthetically pleasing appearance.

You have no proof that myostatin blockers are dangerous other than the study posted by DC. We've gone from weak tendons to 1000's of deaths now?

No offense to you, but I think you feel the need to dictate what is acceptable in bodybuilding. My guess it is pretty much whatever you personally are willing to do. Probably in your eyes, everything else is off limits. But that brings me back to my original question - what give you the right to decide what someone else should or shouldn't do?

then go take it. ruin the sport. i dont dictate what's acceptable, SOCIETY does. think like them. the fact that you refuse to tell me how this will help the sport only lets me think you know it won't. go for it man. try it. good luck. :rolleyes:

we don't know how it will effect people. i really don't see what's hard to understand about that. you want to be a guinea pig...fine. that's your choice. but when you regret that decision don't point the finger at bodybuilding and say "i did it for that." you don't think about what's best for everyone, only yourself. YOU want to be bigger. YOU want the chance to be a pro. well go for it.

no i don't have proof. but i have a very extensive knowledge of how the human body works and have done personal research on myostatin inhibition. i have logic. so go ahead and ruin it for everyone. thanks man.

show me one positive that comes out of this. just one

answer that instead of telling me how "i dictate the sport of bodybuilding"

then go take it. ruin the sport.
Says you :rolleyes:
i dont dictate what's acceptable, SOCIETY does.
What does "society" say about steroids?
think like them. the fact that you refuse to tell me how this will help the sport only lets me think you know it won't. go for it man. try it. good luck. :rolleyes:
I'm not worried about "the sport" I'm worried about me :D You see, I don't have a God-complex, I worry about myself and what I do - not what others do. I'm not a "god", I can't control others - I leave that to lawyers, politicians, and doctors :rolleyes:
we don't know how it will effect people. i really don't see what's hard to understand about that. you want to be a guinea pig...fine. that's your choice. but when you regret that decision don't point the finger at bodybuilding and say "i did it for that." you don't think about what's best for everyone, only yourself. YOU want to be bigger. YOU want the chance to be a pro. well go for it.
LOL, I have no desire to be a pro. It sounds to me you are just worried that it'll take the average "joe-blow" and turn him into a Dorian Yates whilst he sits at home eating potatoe chips. I'm beginning to think you don't care how it affects the health of others, you just want to be better than that average "joe-blow" off the street... So much for the Hippocratic Oath :rolleyes:
no i don't have proof. but i have a very extensive knowledge of how the human body works and have done personal research on myostatin inhibition. i have logic.
I see your logic... I see right through it :D
so go ahead and ruin it for everyone. thanks man.
You give me too much credit. I sincerely doubt I'll ruin it for everyone. Besides, you train because you like it, right? I hope you're not doing it just for the praise that comes with it are you? If your were that would show you are somewhat insecure and shallow.
show me one positive that comes out of this. just one
If it works and doesn't kill 1000's, you mean? Maybe there will a lot more people with better self images because they aren't a bunch of fat asses.... But I'm thinking about others, I should concentrate on how it affects my standing in the good ol' boy club :confused:
answer that instead of telling me how "i dictate the sport of bodybuilding"
I'm still waiting on your list of "acceptable" bodybuilding practices :)

Last edited:
Says you :rolleyes:

What does "society" say about steroids?

I'm not worried about "the sport" I'm worried about me :D You see, I don't have a God-complex, I worry about myself and what I do - not what others do. I'm not a "god", I can't control others - I leave that to lawyers, politicians, and doctors :rolleyes:

LOL, I have no desire to be a pro. It sounds to me you are just worried that it'll take the average "joe-blow" and turn him into a Dorian Yates whilst he sits at home eating potatoe chips. I'm beginning to think you don't care how it affects the health of others, you just want to be better than that average "joe-blow" off the street... So much for the Hippocratic Oath :rolleyes:

I see your logic... I see right through it :D

You give me too much credit. I sincerely doubt I'll ruin it for everyone. Besides, you train because you like it, right? I hope you're not doing it just for the praise that comes with it are you? If your were that would show you are somewhat insecure and shallow.

If it works and doesn't kill 1000's, you mean? Maybe there will a lot more people with better self images because they aren't a bunch of fat asses.... But I'm thinking about others, I should concentrate on how it affect my standing in the good ol' boy club :confused:

I'm still waiting on your list of "acceptable" bodybuilding practices :)

steroids are nothing compared to altering the gene pool. you have no concept of the ramifications of what unlocking this would do. honestly, you argue like a child. it's embarassing.

and stop taking shots at my profession. just cause you couldn't cut it and probably work some dead end job doesn't mean i should. there is a huge difference between treating an illness (saving LIVES) and being outright irresponsible with current technologies.

i want to HELP others. that's why i'm in school to be a doctor. i don't understand why you can't wrap your mind around this concept? it might be because you're extremely self centered.

and i'm impressed that you see right through my logic. you must be a genius. technically i am. an IQ of over 140 is a genius, i tested at 163. i graduated from a prestigous university with degrees in biochemistry and psychology and am at one of the top medical schools in the country. the fact that you can see flaws in my logic is amazing :eek: unlike you, i have extensive experience in the fields of medical research and biochemisty (pretty much how the body works). i'm impressed that my years of training and studies have done nothing, since you obviously must be right on how this would play out. my senior thesis for psychology was on social interactions and social stigmas, i'm pretty sure i know what i'm talking about. it my logic is flawed, by all means show me how. i'll return my degree and drop out if you can. and i stand by that statement.

i love the sport. myostatin inhibition will ruin it. therefore, since you are promoting it, you are ruining the sport. that logic too hard to follow?

your positive is "better self images?" are you kidding me? first of all, better self images are not completely controlled by what you look like. there is a huge genetic basis behind depression, so there goes that point :rolleyes: and you really think that would work? you're advocating a purging of society. we may have a new Hitler here. i am honestly amazed at the statement you made, since basically you're promoting a genocide. good job

steroids are nothing compared to altering the gene pool. you have no concept of the ramifications of what unlocking this would do. honestly, you argue like a child. it's embarassing.
Really? You're not answering the questions as to what society thinks of steroids - you brought up "society" now deal with it :D
and stop taking shots at my profession. just cause you couldn't cut it and probably work some dead end job doesn't mean i should. there is a huge difference between treating an illness (saving LIVES) and being outright irresponsible with current technologies.
LOL, your "profession"... On one hand doctors want to treat illnesses, on the other they want to do breast implants - you guys crack me up. I haven't been to the doctor for 10 years, and yes, I have health insurance. Most of your profession don't know a damn thing about staying healthy - I love seeing the "doctors" outside the hospital standing around and smoking. :rolleyes:
i want to HELP others. that's why i'm in school to be a doctor. i don't understand why you can't wrap your mind around this concept? it might be because you're extremely self centered.
Sounds to me like you want to help yourself more than others :rolleyes:
and i'm impressed that you see right through my logic. you must be a genius. technically i am. an IQ of over 140 is a genius, i tested at 163. i graduated from a prestigous university with degrees in biochemistry and psychology and am at one of the top medical schools in the country. the fact that you can see flaws in my logic is amazing :eek: unlike you, i have extensive experience in the fields of medical research and biochemisty (pretty much how the body works). i'm impressed that my years of training and studies have done nothing, since you obviously must be right on how this would play out. my senior thesis for psychology was on social interactions and social stigmas, i'm pretty sure i know what i'm talking about. it my logic is flawed, by all means show me how. i'll return my degree and drop out if you can. and i stand by that statement.
You're a genius? Well, in that case I take everything back and bow to your "god-like" powers... Obviously you never had to take a grammer class in your "prestigous" universities. Or perhaps you are just soooooooooo extra smart, you will change the rules of grammer for us - let's start with how to capitalize letters, LMAO!!!
i love the sport. myostatin inhibition will ruin it. therefore, since you are promoting it, you are ruining the sport. that logic too hard to follow?
I'm sure you love it - not too many bodybuilder doctors, eh? You must get all the attention :rolleyes:
your positive is "better self images?" are you kidding me?
Nope, not kidding. Besides, I can tell you have no sense of humor.
first of all, better self images are not completely controlled by what you look like.
Wow, you are a genius!
there is a huge genetic basis behind depression, so there goes that point :rolleyes: and you really think that would work? you're advocating a purging of society.
Purging of society, lol... Please explain Einstein :rolleyes:
we may have a new Hitler here. i am honestly amazed at the statement you made, since basically you're promoting a genocide. good job
You must be Jewish... Where's BaldNazi?

there's no point when the person you're trying to help doesn't want to help themselves. :rolleyes:

society thinks steriods are bad. that's known. i don't see how me saying that helps you?

and plastic surgeons are not all about breast implants. major reconstructive surgery for armed forces men wounded in battle is worthless right? :rolleyes:

i don't see how wanting to be a doctor is wanting to help myself more than others? please elaborate.

well when arguing with a child, i figured i'd try to talk in child's terms. didn't want to go too far over your head.

why do you make everything about me?

purging of society...you want to remove a whole class of people. that's pretty self explanitory.

you are a piece of shit person. i am not jewish, but have many jewish friends. it takes a big guy to take a shot like that you sick fuck. i have nothing against baldnazi, we've talked many times before. but you, the fact that you can say that.

i'm done with this worthless argument.

there's no point when the person you're trying to help doesn't want to help themselves. :rolleyes:

society thinks steriods are bad. that's known. i don't see how me saying that helps you?

and plastic surgeons are not all about breast implants. major reconstructive surgery for armed forces men wounded in battle is worthless right? :rolleyes:

i don't see how wanting to be a doctor is wanting to help myself more than others? please elaborate.

well when arguing with a child, i figured i'd try to talk in child's terms. didn't want to go too far over your head.

why do you make everything about me?

purging of society...you want to remove a whole class of people. that's pretty self explanitory.

you are a piece of shit person. i am not jewish, but have many jewish friends. it takes a big guy to take a shot like that you sick fuck. i have nothing against baldnazi, we've talked many times before. but you, the fact that you can say that.

i'm done with this worthless argument.
Dude, I am just so sorry. You probably just misunderstood everything I've said. I'm not a genius so please forgive my common ways and my failure to express myself properly. Peace, okay bro? :)

The goal in bodybuilding is to get big, get lean, and present an aesthetically pleasing appearance.

Maybe by most of the current pro competitors, but from what I recall it was originally adopting a philosophy of healthy lifestyle through exercise, diet, nutrition, and weight lifting for anyone who would like to improve upon themselves and not necessary to be competitive and big as humanly possible. These tools would be used to archive a muscular physique that is functional and healthy, and to the best of the individuals own abilities, capabilities within the limits of their own bodies potential.

To bad it is not perceived as such any longer by most.

Last edited:
By the way the new myostatin blocker is ACVR2B.

The original compound, was MYO-029, which was an antibody (immune-system protein) that sticks to and interferes with myostatin.

The new compound, ACVR2B, is not an antibody. Instead, it blocks myostatin by providing it with a portion of a molecule that it normally sticks to but not the entire molecule.

(Ref: Se-Jin Lee, Johns Hopkins University, 2006)

I will leave it at this:

I'm not looking for a magic pill. But myostatin is real. The lowering of myostatin just a few points is benificial, just like cortisol. I'm not saying this product will work but if it does, you can bet this company will become a multi-million dollar company overnight.

I've been on these boards for awhile but don't post much. I remember the days when people would only take Euro gear - and these were respected athletes. Does this mean that because these guys said that Euro gear was the way to go the I needed to stay away from Mex or Far East gear? In their eyes maybe, but not mine.

Much respect for DC but God gave me a mind of my own. If I think it's worth the risk, I'll take it. I don't think I'm dissin' DC, just doing my own thing and thinking for myself.

Now, as far as myostatin ruining the sport... Unfortunately the day will come where that may be the case. But until that day, as Jay Cutler would say, we're all looking for that "edge"...

I don't want to argue with you bro... Perhaps we can disagree while still respecting each others difference of opinion? Peace.

Is that "edge" worth making changes in your body that we don't yet fully understand?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
DrDiesel
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws