over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Another truth about steroids...idea from Phil's thread

gurufsu, you have the best avatar ever!!!

I think being bigger and in shape is indeed addictive, especially when you're around people who brag about how much $ they make, how much nicer their stuff is, etc, and they 're all fat ass loudmouth morons, lol.

I make it a point to scratch my shoulder blade, flexing a bi, or scratching my belly and lifting my shirt to show a lack of beer gut, when in said company.

Sounds ghey, but its something a fatty or scraggily ass can't ever top a BBer at, and no matter how much they're bragging, you know they wish like hell they looked more like you and less like themselves, LOL.

great points..

from all angles. I think people are attracted to the guy who looks good but is also just good at life! My last workout partner was the epitome of this just an all around successful guy whom I had a lot of respect for.

The way you take care of your body also reflects how you operate in life. If you take care of the details people know you mean business. JM2cents

a wise man once said:

"Freaks attract freaks."
i have seen that quote come to fruition many times. good times but man, some crazy women out there.... glad i finally met my very normal wife.

i had a buddy at a gym i trained at and was a persoanl trainer at, he was a martial artist. he was a rather small guy and told me,"man, i wish i was your size and had your muscle..." and i replied,"bro, i can't fight at all, if i got in a fight with someone with your skill i would get my ass kicked." and the funny thing was he said,"man, i would never get in any fights if i was your size. its your best defense. you just look like... too much trouble."
i thought that was interesting. no one wants to mess with a big guy. no one. tho i will say don't ever start a fight with someone that has califlower ears lol. that is a set up for an ass kicking if you are a bodybuilder. not that i have done it, but that martial artist friend of mine had cauliflower ears and too many guys didn't notice em and got fucked up lol.
-JS

I hate to break it to you guys, but being big isn't really the best indicator of alpha maleness, but you all seem like you are on a track, so I won't beat up the notion that this is entirely incorrect.

yep. If you look at the alpha male from the classical physical standpoint, a lot of the public views them as a meathead and assumes they dont have a whole lot upstairs. So I could argue that the new alpha male has changed from the old standard back so long ago. The new alpha male is all about earning potential, how good of a career can he assume and how well can he support the family. Physical prowess plays almost no role in that and to the contrary sometimes it is the small weak guys that excel at this.

Back when I was big and on the juice/bodybuilding I was a high school chem,bio, gen sci teacher. Whenever someone first met me and asked me what I did they figured I was a gym teacher. They figured I probably didnt have a lot upstairs. The stupid jock stereotype is still here and going strong.

I think the sport is based more on comittment and dedication, than addiction.

For the older individuals on TRT, it's not because of an addiction so to say, but more so because they have to do it.. see the point I am trying to make here..?

"Freaks attract freaks."
i have seen that quote come to fruition many times. good times but man, some crazy women out there.... glad i finally met my very normal wife.

i had a buddy at a gym i trained at and was a persoanl trainer at, he was a martial artist. he was a rather small guy and told me,"man, i wish i was your size and had your muscle..." and i replied,"bro, i can't fight at all, if i got in a fight with someone with your skill i would get my ass kicked." and the funny thing was he said,"man, i would never get in any fights if i was your size. its your best defense. you just look like... too much trouble."
i thought that was interesting. no one wants to mess with a big guy. no one. tho i will say don't ever start a fight with someone that has califlower ears lol. that is a set up for an ass kicking if you are a bodybuilder. not that i have done it, but that martial artist friend of mine had cauliflower ears and too many guys didn't notice em and got fucked up lol.
-JS

LOL. Yeah just being big helps you avoid fights. I did once have 3 guys jump me at once though. I got my ass kicked.

A city cop I once met took one look at me and said " damn youre the shootin type", insinuating that hed rather shoot me than try to fight me/cuff me.! LOL

For the older individuals on TRT, it's not because of an addiction so to say, but more so because they have to do it.. see the point I am trying to make here..?

I accept your point and will say I do not include HRT in my analysis.

Well, it goes much deeper than commitment and dedication for a lot of guys. Once you reach a certain point of development its almost impossible to go totally clean because youll lose so much mass. I dont care how long youve been in the shape youve been in, once you go clean you are going to lose a whole hell of a lot of muscle and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it. Most guys wont do that. They still stay on also when health problems arise and merely try to treat the side effects rather than get off for good and cut off the root of the problem. Phlebotomies, blood pressure medicine, liver cleansers, etc.

We bodybuilders are a wise bunch huh?
lol, you're all absolutely right. The alpha male image has got to be one of the most addictive aspects of being big, here in England we have a lot of loud-mouth idiots, that say stupid things to you and as soon as you turn around they are apologizing, one of the funniest things that I've seen regarding this alpha male theory was me and my brother walking home after the gym, an idiot walking with 2 girls said something to my brother, I think he did this to "impress" the girls, anyway, my brother turned around and say what did you say? and you could just see him so scared, we approached him and the dude was obviously scared but to keep his pride he said it again, they got into an argument and seriously my brother doesn't like to fight but the people here are so stupid, its unbelievable, they started to fight and I just stood there watching this little bloke trying to wrestle my brother to the ground, ahahah, my brother then pushed him to the ground and I just stood there watching as he punched him in the face, a couple of heat butts and he was out. This dude was so stupid, he couldn't stand up and as we walked away I heard him laughing and shouting "is that all you got" we laughed so much.

A couple days my brother said he saw the bloke again (without the girls) and he just looked down, his face was swollen he said it looked like a bunch of bee stings, his eyes were almost closed.

Just shows you what people will do to impress others.

Oh and yea, even though you might know how to fight your sheer size and weight and strength will overpower almost anyone.

remember pudzianowski fight against a professional boxer? 2 kicks and the guy was on the floor covering his face.

We bodybuilders are a wise bunch huh?
lol, you're all absolutely right. The alpha male image has got to be one of the most addictive aspects of being big, here in England we have a lot of loud-mouth idiots, that say stupid things to you and as soon as you turn around they are apologizing, one of the funniest things that I've seen regarding this alpha male theory was me and my brother walking home after the gym, an idiot walking with 2 girls said something to my brother, I think he did this to "impress" the girls, anyway, my brother turned around and say what did you say? and you could just see him so scared, we approached him and the dude was obviously scared but to keep his pride he said it again, they got into an argument and seriously my brother doesn't like to fight but the people here are so stupid, its unbelievable, they started to fight and I just stood there watching this little bloke trying to wrestle my brother to the ground, ahahah, my brother then pushed him to the ground and I just stood there watching as he punched him in the face, a couple of heat butts and he was out. This dude was so stupid, he couldn't stand up and as we walked away I heard him laughing and shouting "is that all you got" we laughed so much.

A couple days my brother said he saw the bloke again (without the girls) and he just looked down, his face was swollen he said it looked like a bunch of bee stings, his eyes were almost closed.

Just shows you what people will do to impress others.

Oh and yea, even though you might know how to fight your sheer size and weight and strength will overpower almost anyone.

remember pudzianowski fight against a professional boxer? 2 kicks and the guy was on the floor covering his face.

I think you totally missed everything said in this thread. Way to reinforce the meathead perception of bodybuilders tho.

I've been following "the truth about steroids part 2" thread and think there is another dimension we could explore regarding the "addictive" aspect of AAS...that idea is public perception.

Ever since the caveman days the Alpha male, or largest man, was the one to be feared, revered. In today society it's the same notion. If you are the biggest (athletic/muscular) guy in the room most people automatically respect you. Just a fact. How many times have you heard, "I don't wanna mess with you, you'd kill me"? Why? just because my biceps are bigger than yours? People equate size with power and to some it's intimidating. Of course we are addicted to this feeling, who wouldn't be?

Additionally, most of us using gear are, well, narcissistic. To make matters worse, the public perception drives this in even deeper. We feel good about ourselves, we look good, dress well, we are strong and our confidence shows. We have succeeded in the gym and we strive to succeed out in the world. Again, we are addicted to this feeling, to success and again, who wouldn't be?

Lastly, public perception says the Alpha male can get the job done. The hard work we put in in the gym is a telling factor of our character, dedication and work ethic, thus people want us on their team, be it business, sports, friendship, etc. Everyone wants to be friends with the big guy. Again, we are addicted to the feeling of being the "go to guy".

Is the use of AAS addicting? Sure, but it's not the drugs that are addicting, it's the results, the larger than life image and the king of the hill feeling we all get. That's the addicting part.*

*Not to say AAS are not addictng...please keep it in context of the post.

Here is the alpha caveman

Attachments

• Neanderthal_2D[1].jpg
    Neanderthal_2D[1].jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 199
Some of you seemed bound and determined to not see the OP's post as intended. By using the term Alpha Male, the OP is referring to primal evolutionary instincts that don't go away with the invention of cars and Lear Jets. Society may want to see the millionaire as the Alpha Male, but that simply is not the case. The Alpha Male is the strongest most dominant and most potent of the pack. To the guys that say girls aren't attracted to the "grotesque" physiques.... I'm no pro, but I am lean at 5'9 and 264lbs. Attracting women has never been easier. I also get a tremendous amount of respect from my "social" superiors. For every bodybuilder who's significant other has strayed for money, I can show you 10 wealthy women that have strayed from their husband for a muscular guy.
I also 100% agree with the OP's assessment. Our size becomes an integral way that we identify and seperate ourselves and as far as the negative consequences..... have you guys forgotten their Illegal..... prison qualifies as a negative experience for most. Speaking of prison do you think the big muscular guy or the wealthy jack ass would be the Alpha Male?? That's basic society at its best.

Some of you seemed bound and determined to not see the OP's post as intended. By using the term Alpha Male, the OP is referring to primal evolutionary instincts that don't go away with the invention of cars and Lear Jets. Society may want to see the millionaire as the Alpha Male, but that simply is not the case. The Alpha Male is the strongest most dominant and most potent of the pack. To the guys that say girls aren't attracted to the "grotesque" physiques.... I'm no pro, but I am lean at 5'9 and 264lbs. Attracting women has never been easier. I also get a tremendous amount of respect from my "social" superiors. For every bodybuilder who's significant other has strayed for money, I can show you 10 wealthy women that have strayed from their husband for a muscular guy.
I also 100% agree with the OP's assessment. Our size becomes an integral way that we identify and seperate ourselves and as far as the negative consequences..... have you guys forgotten their Illegal..... prison qualifies as a negative experience for most. Speaking of prison do you think the big muscular guy or the wealthy jack ass would be the Alpha Male?? That's basic society at its best.

Um having money in prison means you can still get anything you want so the wealthy jack ass would still be the Alpha Male.

And once again the assumption that everyone on AAS is in it for looks makes this whole topic moot.

I dont know I tend to think it creates problems by insecure people who are to lazy to workout themselves. I always try to cover up baggy clothes so on the ocasion that I dont its like man what you been doing. Behind the back smickering and crap like that watching everything I eat and what are you taking if I took that I would be like you to. Its only taken me years but everyone is looking for the quick fix. MM

I have different experience than the original poster. I guess it is based on the question on the definition of "alpha male". I definately think that being big, muscular, etc. is no longer alpha in todays society. The ability to "take", "fight", "plunder" because of strength or size is not only devalued, we have enacted laws to make most activities that this size/strength combo could unleash on society illegal (Theft, Assault, Assualt with Intent, Rape).

It is a question of who you want to "respect" you. Quite frankly I could care less about what someone in a "club" thinks about me. I know they know nothing about me.

I will also offer that when we view someone as "Big" the most likely thoughts are not of "respect". I feel it actually carries a somewhat negative stigma with all but a very small percentage (less than 5%) who are body builders, or semi-serious weight lifters themselves. I feel that people will often "slot" you in their thinking and it can actually start you at a level less than the average person in interpersonal relationships. I thnk it is very self serving of us to view the looks we get to be one of "respect". I think more people just think to themselves, "STERIODS!!!, than think, "Hard work, Dedication, etc".

The "alpha males" I see today who are at the top of the corporate ladder or run successful businesses who are "fit" are much, much, more likely to be a 1) Jogger 2) Biker 3) Tri-athlete than a bodybuilder or powerlifter. That is my experience, although many exceptions exist. I don't like that this is true, I just have observed it and believe it.

There is no doubt in my mind that I was "addicted" to steriods. I did them for more than a decade unabated. Saying I was not addicted, is like the pot smoder saying "I've smoked weed every day for ten years, and I'm not hooked!".

Addiction defined is the need to medicate a withdrawl. AAS can help you look and feel better an have a higher quality of life, but being able to be off and focus on diet and overall health is essential to long term use and enjoyment of this AAS approach. There is both a strong psychological and physical dependence that can develop. This is strongly overlayed by the social regard you receive with great physical appearance, and complicated with our perceptions of ourselves based on other's reactions when we get smaller or deconditioned. You have to do what you do, for yourself and in a way that prevents dependence. My 2 cents

Well, it goes much deeper than commitment and dedication for a lot of guys. Once you reach a certain point of development its almost impossible to go totally clean because youll lose so much mass

Even if you're below your genetic limit?

Originally Posted by Johnny Smiles
-JS

I don't know what you're talking about with the cauliflower ear thing. Also, I read in a study that big muscular guys are more likely to be physically assaulted because other guy's egos feel threatened. So that goes against your experience.

Gotta remember that the Alpha male in the animal kingdom always gets the best of everything.

Food, land rights, mates.

We started out very primative and this rang true every single day. As we've evolved the definition of Alpha Male in the human race has drastically changed but there are still many things that will never change such as the way someone is perceived based soley on their size.

But I've also seen some of the biggest guys in the gym, always talking out their ass just to get more attention. So it goes both ways.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Zcrowe18
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws