over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

‘Touch up’ days

SherlockFoam

Registered
Newbies
How many of you incorporate this?

Say you do back on Wednesday- regular workout with sets close or to failure.

Then on Saturday ‘touch up’ the back again with pump work- Nothing in close proximity to failure, more so to flush the muscle with blood for a second time in the week.

Obviously you’d want to do this with weak body parts only. I’ve been a 1x a week guy forever but per recommendation of coach, was told to ‘touch up’ back again to attempt to maintain fullness in lower lats. Any thoughts appreciated!!

I think it's a good system and have used it over the years for weak body parts.

Just don't go crazy and do it with every muscle group. Just stick with a weak one and if you have 2 week parts then rotate them every few weeks.

I used to do this with my whole body. I would do a bro split and on the 6th day just get some blood flowing in all the muscles. I felt alot better after I would train the 6th day but thats really the only thing I noticed.

Then on Saturday ‘touch up’ the back again with pump work- Nothing in close proximity to failure, more so to flush the muscle with blood for a second time in the week.

Obviously you’d want to do this with weak body parts only. I’ve been a 1x a week guy forever but per recommendation of coach, was told to ‘touch up’ back again to attempt to maintain fullness in lower lats. Any thoughts appreciated!!
If you train your muscles hard, they will need an entire week to recover. If you reduce the volume you do for each muscle group per training session, you can train them twice a week. I don’t consider that second weekly workout a ‘touch up,’ I consider that training with more frequency. But I understand what you’re saying. No need wasting your time just flushing the muscles with blood. Train hard or stay home is my motto unless you’re rehabbing.

If you train your muscles hard, they will need an entire week to recover. If you reduce the volume you do for each muscle group per training session, you can train them twice a week. I don’t consider that second weekly workout a ‘touch up,’ I consider that training with more frequency. But I understand what you’re saying. No need wasting your time just flushing the muscles with blood. Train hard or stay home is my motto unless you’re rehabbing.
I kind of think the same thing, which is why I decided to get second opinions. Being in the gym 6X a week has never worked well for me, 4-5X is ideal. The whole idea about it is just to get a pump, not train super hard and then leave the gym in short order. Just not entirely sure, probably will give a go this week and see how I feel.

I do it and like it. Bro split is a convenient split that many love. Keep your split, but hit that one part you need to grow again another day. I keep it quick but intense. Say delts, on leg day superset 3x reverse pec deck with upright rows.

I have used that on occasion. But can't say i notice any better results then when i don't use it for long period of time.

I do it every day..wenning warmup with accessories

No, train your muscle hard to make them grow. This hasn’t changed in the 40 years of bodybuilding. Going in and getting a pump isn’t growing the muscle it’s filling it full of blood will not put on muscle, myofibril at least, Sarcoplasm maybe, but that is easily lost

I kind of think the same thing, which is why I decided to get second opinions. Being in the gym 6X a week has never worked well for me, 4-5X is ideal. The whole idea about it is just to get a pump, not train super hard and then leave the gym in short order. Just not entirely sure, probably will give a go this week and see how I feel.
Adding junk volume burns me out mentally—taking away from my work sets that count. However, changing up rep ranges is a whole different story. For example, go heavy during the first part of the week placing primary emphasis on compound exercises. Go lighter during the second weekly workout with more reps on isolation exercises. That said, both workouts should be intense! You have to train hard to gain maximal muscle mass.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws