over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Aldactone dosis and days

bigheinz

IFBB PRO/Kilo Klub Member
IFBB PROS
Registered
I am searching all web sites and ifo about aldactone and they say 5 to 10 days before the show from 75mg to 150 mg a day in a single dosis in the morning.

Why is that, is there any reason for dont split it in 2 dosis 50 mg morning and 50 mg in the night???

I am searching all web sites and ifo about aldactone and they say 5 to 10 days before the show from 75mg to 150 mg a day in a single dosis in the morning.

Why is that, is there any reason for dont split it in 2 dosis 50 mg morning and 50 mg in the night???

If you want to flatten out like a pancake then those doses are good. If you dont have any other choice i would think 25mg 2 to 3 days before your competition is more than enough......if your in good shape. Personally i will never mess with that stuff again.

Like Edge asked though, isn't Victor handling this for you?

I would run it for 10days but not at 75-150mgs. maybe like work your way up from 25mg - 3 days, 50mgs for 3 days, then 75 mgs for 4 days. Should not go flat from aldactone. Just keep up your water and don't cut your sodium down much. I also split it 1/2 in am 1/2 in pm.

If you want to flatten out like a pancake then those doses are good. If you dont have any other choice i would think 25mg 2 to 3 days before your competition is more than enough......if your in good shape. Personally i will never mess with that stuff again.

Like Edge asked though, isn't Victor handling this for you?

i agree,

dont run a dose that high (like main said you'll look like shit)... it will give you major problems filling out... there is no need to run it for 10 days either....
if your show is on saturday then i would start on tuesday night or wednesday morn.. 25-50mg a day is plenty... i ran 25mg a day for 3-4 days befor my last show....

the only thing you need to make sure of is that you are stayig full the whole time, no carb depletion cause you will never catch up to fill out in time.... get full by wensday, and then start drying out.... less is more with diuretics.....

i agree,

dont run a dose that high (like main said you'll look like shit)... it will give you major problems filling out... there is no need to run it for 10 days either....
if your show is on saturday then i would start on tuesday night or wednesday morn.. 25-50mg a day is plenty... i ran 25mg a day for 3-4 days befor my last show....

the only thing you need to make sure of is that you are stayig full the whole time, no carb depletion cause you will never catch up to fill out in time.... get full by wensday, and then start drying out.... less is more with diuretics.....

I disagree!

Needs to be run for 10days. Do your research on it. lower dosage yes but it needs time to build up. It is not a Diuretic it is an aldosterone inhibitor. so don't add alot of salt but don't cut it keep water high until afternoon before the show ( fri afternoon say 3-4pm for a sat am prejudge). you want to create a constant flow of water in and out. to get a pump you need sodium so to drop it is foolish! sodium will actually pull water in to the muscle making it fuller. I wait til the morning of the show and then eat some pizza and wait and see what happens if still flat eat more but not to much and wait and see. Being you are not taking in any water at this point the sodium will grab any water left in the sknin and pull it into your blood stream _ and big pumps and nice and full and dry. If you are in shape this is the most easy contest prep you can do. But you have to be in shape first.

Hope this helps you out.

Not a huge fan. You will hear mixed opinions on this one. Its one of those things that if you have not used before, can leave you flatter than a pancake come show time. If you lower your bodies aldosterone levels and then over deplete and cut water too early....filling back out is a bitch. One of the reasons you hear guys saying they looked so good the day or two after the show. I think you can get dry and hard WITHOUT diuretics but thats just my opinion. My own personal opinion is that the more muscle you carry will make aldactone dose depandant. So what works for someone smaller than yourself may not hold true for you. Like I said I'd talk to someone around your size who has used it with success and see what they say...Victor should have some imput on this too I'd think.

IMO , it's a hit or miss . Heinz , isn't your show coming up ? i'd stay away from it (aldactone), this time , because you didn't have any time to see how you react to it in advance . just listening to all the advices here still don't mean that it will work for you . if you are in shape , just use water and food to get dry .
good luck for your show , you look great !

wake

Yes Victor take care of everything, i just doing a search bros becouse i was talking with some friends at the gym with different opinions. In the old days, my trainers and friends used to take it for 10 days 50 mg morning,50 mg at night and then the night before the show 1 diazide with pizza and brownies and they looked awesome, maybe another diazide at the morning of the show again to avoid soem water retention from the pancakes of the breakfast. (I am talking about people that looked real good on stage, top USA competitors and Venezuelan top competitors)

I didnt used any diuretics with the last 2 guys i prepare to the local shows, the Mr. Miami winner and the Southern States winner. And i neather cut them the water, just controled the water to a half everyday and 2 oz the day before the show with each meal, 6 oz at 3 am, 6 oz at 6 am and then no more water until the night show just 10 minutes before go onstage.

I dont know Victor's plan yet, but we agreed to not tatally cut the water to avoid the horrible flatness and lose weigth like happends at the Europa.

I disagree!

Needs to be run for 10days. Do your research on it. lower dosage yes but it needs time to build up. It is not a Diuretic it is an aldosterone inhibitor. so don't add alot of salt but don't cut it keep water high until afternoon before the show ( fri afternoon say 3-4pm for a sat am prejudge). you want to create a constant flow of water in and out. to get a pump you need sodium so to drop it is foolish! sodium will actually pull water in to the muscle making it fuller. I wait til the morning of the show and then eat some pizza and wait and see what happens if still flat eat more but not to much and wait and see. Being you are not taking in any water at this point the sodium will grab any water left in the sknin and pull it into your blood stream _ and big pumps and nice and full and dry. If you are in shape this is the most easy contest prep you can do. But you have to be in shape first.

Hope this helps you out.

done more research then you can shake a stick at on this drug, aldactone is a diuretic, that is what a diuretic is an "aldosterone inhibitor" all diuretics work via aldersterone inhibiion in some way...you might consider doing some more research if you think it is not a diuretic.....
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/diuretic

if you need 10 days of aldactone to rid yourself of water, you have more problems then just drying out for a bbing show.... it is a slower drip diuretic, this is why for many it causes problems at high doses. like i said befor i did 25mg a day for 4 days and dried out fine, while eating a large amount of sodium the whole time....

i had never taken it befor and seen that they called it a mild diuretic, i thought is was stronger then dyazide! the problem with it is its hard to gauge when the diuretic effect will stop (long acting) thus leaving you flat from the mistiming.....i think the reason most have had problems with this is becausue they run too high a dose for too long..

I believe the trick to using Aldactone is being filled out BEFORE you use it. I personally spoke with one of the best conditioned pro's EVERY time around (hes not one of the biggest, but hes not always super dry dieting, but always comes in shape dry full and striated!). He personally told me he fills out early (as KM did) and uses it when hes almost full. If you introduce it as you start your carb up then you are NOT going to fill out.

Heres a story and lesson i learned....

Last year i competed in back to back weeks. The first time around i listened to a very knowledgable guy.. but failed to mention to him i was using aldactone. Well long story short... i was half full and not at my best. So anyway, after the show i was mad even tho i placed well in a stacked show and went out n binged on pizza soda you name it until i was going to puke. Woke up next day looking INNNSSAANNEEEE. Didnt know i could ever possibly look like that. Would have won my class hands down if i showed up like that. Anyway....

I figured the next week i could duplicate this if i nailed it EXACTTTLLYYY as i did before. So i did EVERY single thing i did, just one day earlier. Now when i say i was anal, i ate every single macronutrient exact (even by the minute on the clock best i could remember!). Would you believe i even got the same BRAND NAME foods and treats n made sure it was perfect. Only detail i overlooked? Aldactone at 50mg 2x/day. Guess what, showed up the SAME... woke up next day AGAIN looking insane. WTF????? Thought long and hard.. then it hit me! I blew the fuck up BOTH times around the time the aldactone wore off! Too high a dose kept me flat. I used 50mg 2x/day mon-sat.

Lesson learned.... aldactone can help HOLD condition or slightly improve it over time AFTER you are full... but do NOT use it before you are at least 3/4 of the way filled out!

I guess you can say iv never nailed my condition until the day after... but im LEARNING. Iv almost run out of things i SHOULDNT do.... so i gotta get it right eventually. Just when you think you understand everything so well.... seems i always miss ONE or TWO important details! Well... wish me luck in 7 weeks!!!!!! bwahhahahaha

I believe the trick to using Aldactone is being filled out BEFORE you use it. I personally spoke with one of the best conditioned pro's EVERY time around (hes not one of the biggest, but hes not always super dry dieting, but always comes in shape dry full and striated!). He personally told me he fills out early (as KM did) and uses it when hes almost full. If you introduce it as you start your carb up then you are NOT going to fill out.

Heres a story and lesson i learned....

Last year i competed in back to back weeks. The first time around i listened to a very knowledgable guy.. but failed to mention to him i was using aldactone. Well long story short... i was half full and not at my best. So anyway, after the show i was mad even tho i placed well in a stacked show and went out n binged on pizza soda you name it until i was going to puke. Woke up next day looking INNNSSAANNEEEE. Didnt know i could ever possibly look like that. Would have won my class hands down if i showed up like that. Anyway....

I figured the next week i could duplicate this if i nailed it EXACTTTLLYYY as i did before. So i did EVERY single thing i did, just one day earlier. Now when i say i was anal, i ate every single macronutrient exact (even by the minute on the clock best i could remember!). Would you believe i even got the same BRAND NAME foods and treats n made sure it was perfect. Only detail i overlooked? Aldactone at 50mg 2x/day. Guess what, showed up the SAME... woke up next day AGAIN looking insane. WTF????? Thought long and hard.. then it hit me! I blew the fuck up BOTH times around the time the aldactone wore off! Too high a dose kept me flat. I used 50mg 2x/day mon-sat.

Lesson learned.... aldactone can help HOLD condition or slightly improve it over time AFTER you are full... but do NOT use it before you are at least 3/4 of the way filled out!

I guess you can say iv never nailed my condition until the day after... but im LEARNING. Iv almost run out of things i SHOULDNT do.... so i gotta get it right eventually. Just when you think you understand everything so well.... seems i always miss ONE or TWO important details! Well... wish me luck in 7 weeks!!!!!! bwahhahahaha

good points tp4u,

i agree, you shouldnt start using aldactone untill you are 3/4 or more the way full.. you may try to over fill the days befor a show, and waut for the aldactone to kick in....

so by wensday you are full to the max, a little blurry and not crisp but definatly full, then do the aldactone in 25mg incriments starting wensday morn.

wensday morn... full, maybe to full.... start the aldactone 25mg. just one dose this day... water high... carbs high

thu. another 25mg in the a.m. and if your still not drying out another in the p.m. .... water high.... carbs med to high depending on fullness

fri. 25mg a.m. and if you are still not dry enuf do another that afternoon... water low( like a half gallon drank by noon and nothing after) carbs low to med. give the body time to assimilate them.... lots of rest on this day too....stay off your feet .......if for some reason you get to friday night and your still holding water you could do a dyazide here, but unless your a camel you shouldnt need it....

sat.. no diuretics, no water, lots of fat and sodium meals..... but now water...

the last dose would be taken over 24hrs prior to prejudging, so the drip should be worn off.... you should be dry as a bone and really full....ready to win....

done more research then you can shake a stick at on this drug, aldactone is a diuretic, that is what a diuretic is an "aldosterone inhibitor" all diuretics work via aldersterone inhibiion in some way...you might consider doing some more research if you think it is not a diuretic.....

if you need 10 days of aldactone to rid yourself of water, you have more problems then just drying out for a bbing show.... it is a slower drip diuretic, this is why for many it causes problems at high doses. like i said befor i did 25mg a day for 4 days and dried out fine, while eating a large amount of sodium the whole time....

i had never taken it befor and seen that they called it a mild diuretic, i thought is was stronger then dyazide! the problem with it is its hard to gauge when the diuretic effect will stop (long acting) thus leaving you flat from the mistiming.....i think the reason most have had problems with this is becausue they run too high a dose for too long..

Well here I am 2 days out for the 2005 IFBB North Americans were I won the Heavy weights. I used the exact formula I said on this thread. I did not change a thing w/ my diet or water intake. This pic was taken right out of bed with no food in me. You be the judge. The second pic was taken 10 days out the morning when I started the aldactone. So you say I have more problems then just drying out for a show? What are these problems? All i am saying is it has worked for me in each of my National shows 2003. 2004 and 2005. Not saying it will work for you. But I feel you a much less of chance of things going wrong than with dyazide. Sometimes trial and error is much better than 'research'!

Attachments

• resized 1.jpg
    resized 1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,321
  • resized1.jpg
    resized1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,079
Well here I am 2 days out for the 2005 IFBB North Americans were I won the Heavy weights. I used the exact formula I said on this thread. I did not change a thing w/ my diet or water intake. This pic was taken right out of bed with no food in me. You be the judge. The second pic was taken 10 days out the morning when I started the aldactone. So you say I have more problems then just drying out for a show? What are these problems? All i am saying is it has worked for me in each of my National shows 2003. 2004 and 2005. Not saying it will work for you. But I feel you a much less of chance of things going wrong than with dyazide. Sometimes trial and error is much better than 'research'!

There is more than one road to the same destination.

You never said how you ran your water or how or when you started carbing up, only that you used aldactone 10 days out. Did you taper it? Run it high? When did you cut it? Lower sodium at any point lower than normal? LOTS of variables left unspoken of... so im curious what you did. Did you ONLY use a shitload as your carbup?

As i said... more than one road to the same destination... these guys both disagree completely on this subject however... christ these guys know how to get in shape!

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 4,114
As i said... more than one road to the same destination... these guys both disagree completely on this subject however... christ these guys know how to get in shape!

You are right - I could have been more indepth! Kenny dude I reread my first reply to you and I and sorry bro it did come off a bit offensive! Did not mean it to be. Utmost respect for you. As toopowerul said we both have a program that works and that is half the battle in this sport. Great job this year on the national scene! As far as what I do I do not carb deplete or load, I do not drop water, I do everything the same up to the day of the show. W/ the aldactone program I use ofr 10 days - first 3 days I use 25 mgs, 3 days of 37.5 mgs, 4 days 50mgs. Thats it and it works great for me. So the best thing to do is try afew ways and see what works best for you! Best of luck to all of you! And again Kenny sorry if I came across as an ass to you! My wife says in my old age I am losing my filter! LOL

Check this:
Tom Prince said:
ALDACTONE: Aldactone is NOT a true diuretic. The definition of a true diuretic is that it speeds up your kidney's filtration of the blood, thus making you pee more. Aldactone does not do this. Aldactone, is a hormone blocker, that blocks the hormone "aldosterone". That's the hormone that makes you hold water. Taking aldactone, blocks that hormone, so you won't HOLD any water. Problem is, it doesn't work that well if you are already holding water.

The value of aldcatone, is that once you lose the sub-q water that is blurring your conditioning, if you're taking aldactone, that water won't spill back into the sub-q layer. BUT, you do have to get rid of that water first.
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6435

Not saying he is right, just pointing out that others have also said aldosterone blockers aren't "true diuretics".

Originally Posted by Tom Prince
ALDACTONE: Aldactone is NOT a true diuretic. The definition of a true diuretic is that it speeds up your kidney's filtration of the blood, thus making you pee more. Aldactone does not do this. Aldactone, is a hormone blocker, that blocks the hormone "aldosterone". That's the hormone that makes you hold water. Taking aldactone, blocks that hormone, so you won't HOLD any water. Problem is, it doesn't work that well if you are already holding water.

The value of aldcatone, is that once you lose the sub-q water that is blurring your conditioning, if you're taking aldactone, that water won't spill back into the sub-q layer. BUT, you do have to get rid of that water first.

Id just like to add, that while aldactone will not cause you to LOSE more water, it will keep you dry if you lose it through other means (water loading/cutoff/tapering/other diuretics)

It WILL on the other hand keep you from filling back out (reabsorbing water) if you lose too much water.....

You are right - I could have been more indepth! Kenny dude I reread my first reply to you and I and sorry bro it did come off a bit offensive! Did not mean it to be. Utmost respect for you. As toopowerul said we both have a program that works and that is half the battle in this sport. Great job this year on the national scene! As far as what I do I do not carb deplete or load, I do not drop water, I do everything the same up to the day of the show. W/ the aldactone program I use ofr 10 days - first 3 days I use 25 mgs, 3 days of 37.5 mgs, 4 days 50mgs. Thats it and it works great for me. So the best thing to do is try afew ways and see what works best for you! Best of luck to all of you! And again Kenny sorry if I came across as an ass to you! My wife says in my old age I am losing my filter! LOL

hey no problem bro, obviously it works for you (your conditioning was sick by the way!) so you dont drop your water intake at all? that is interesting....

that may be the reason you are able to run a longer stint of aldactone and still get full? anyway you looked great man... best of luck to you as well.....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear