over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

All bodybuilders are a$$holes!

alan1973

Kilo Klub Member
At least, that is what it feels like. people don't even know me and when they see my arms are thicker than their necks they put me into the a$$hole catagory and treat me like shit. The automatically assume I am a bully and a jerk. Hey, my attitude only reflects what I get...period. But now things have gotten so bad at work that I wonder if I should just stop lifting..hell, the married chubby guy I work with get all kinds of ass on the side and I think he is a freakin' jerk.
anyway, just wondering what y'all thought.

Alan,

Unfortunately, that is the result of poor behavior by many "bodybuilders". People are always surprised when I turn out to be a nice fella who isn't talking about himself constantly.

I wonder why that is? lol. :eek::)

Honestly, its the same reason I avoid most bodybuilders like the plague.

At least, that is what it feels like. people don't even know me and when they see my arms are thicker than their necks they put me into the a$$hole catagory and treat me like shit. The automatically assume I am a bully and a jerk. Hey, my attitude only reflects what I get...period. But now things have gotten so bad at work that I wonder if I should just stop lifting..hell, the married chubby guy I work with get all kinds of ass on the side and I think he is a freakin' jerk.
anyway, just wondering what y'all thought.

Stop lifting? Bro how much clomid are you on right now!? Pull yourself together man!!

Here's how I see it... There's a difference between people treating you like shit because you're a fat loser or if you're a BBer in fantastic shape, or just huge. If you're fat and pathetic they treat you like shit because they can and think they got one up on you. If they treat you like shit because you're massive it's out of jealousy and hate.

Either way people find a reason to hate on people. Keep your head up, get big, & fuck em dude!! Sometimes people just suck...straight up!! Surround yourself with people you relate with & care about and fuck the rest!!

If people aren't hating on you it's cuz you're not doin something right!!

Massive, I don't think that's it.

Stop lifting? Bro how much clomid are you on right now!? Pull yourself together man!!

Here's how I see it... There's a difference between people treating you like shit because you're a fat loser or if you're a BBer in fantastic shape, or just huge. If you're fat and pathetic they treat you like shit because they can and think they got one up on you. If they treat you like shit because you're massive it's out of jealousy and hate.

Either way people find a reason to hate on people. Keep your head up, get big, & fuck em dude!! Sometimes people just suck...straight up!! Surround yourself with people you relate with & care about and fuck the rest!!

If people aren't hating on you it's cuz you're not doin something right!!

I don't think it's about the muscles or being in fantastic shape. It's the shitty behavior that often goes along with the muscles and shape.

Once people find out you are nice, humble and not an arrogant, self-centered prick....they can't wait to give you compliments and ask for help so they can look like you do.

I don't think it's about the muscles or being in fantastic shape. It's the shitty behavior that often goes along with the muscles and shape.

Once people find out you are nice, humble and not an arrogant, self-centered prick....they can't wait to give you compliments and ask for help so they can look like you do.

I hear that. Truth is that's no different than stereotyping about a group of people or ethnicity- no different than saying all Chinese people are good at math, that all black people are dangerous, all Muslims are terrorists... Just flat out wrong and untrue.

If people misjudge you- show em why they're wrong!

How are these people exposed to the shitty behavior though. Atleast where Im from there aren't many big guys at all. I can coun't on two hands the guys Ive seen in my city with size in the last 5 years. Visited a few gyms and bounced at a club. I've heard some guys and girls say exactly what you've said about the arrogance and attitude and I can be almost certain many of them had never even met a bodybuilder. It's a stereotype and it's the media driving it not bodybuilders. It's STEROIDS in the news... people think they're illegal and dangerous, and if you're a bodybuilder some people will see you as simply a reckless idiot and just another criminal. Being nice and humble won't be enough to change those kind of opinions.

Its really not that bad for me... but I know it's only going to get worse as I grow and that pisses me off.

I work hard in the gym, so what's wrong with trying a little harder to be a nicer person? If you greet people with a smile, you would be amazed at how many people treat you better.
But then you have hateful people and there's nothing you can do about those people.

personally if we worked half as hard as we do in the gym to be a better person, the whole fucking world would be better for it. but we dont so i digress

frk

YES

I work hard in the gym, so what's wrong with trying a little harder to be a nicer person? If you greet people with a smile, you would be amazed at how many people treat you better.
But then you have hateful people and there's nothing you can do about those people.

I always hold doors for women and children and be very polite whenever I have the chance, it definitely throws people off. :D

I just think its a in shape thing in general. my wife is in her early forties and tiny and in shape. abs guns and so on. and she gets treated buy women at work with a jealous tone. if you think most people now a days that age are not in shape and it pisses them off. and i know its not my wife fault because they dont get much sweater then her.so if they dont like you thats thier problem. dont change for them.

Unfortunately there is some truth to that statement:( MOST are Alpha male type,very opinionated and judgemental.

whatever it is... get over it. People will be people no matter what you look like!

"so what she/he keeps talking about you and hating on you. What do you think a "hater's" job is..to hate. if u have someone hating on u right now u better think of how to get 5 more ppl hating by Christmas. You need haters to make you stronger..w/o haters most ppl wouldn't try to become better. Just tell them "b*tch u just hate me b/c u can't be me..." -katt williams..... :)

Here is a big secret, you have no control over what other people feel and say. All you have is control over yourself and how you want to present yourself to others.

Now if more then one person views you as an ass, then maybe you should look in the mirror and take very good look at one's self as you may very well be an ass.

Im no psychologist but I try to look at the situation from a few different angles. Think about this, most people ( no not all) probably workout consistently because of some underlying insecurity or social inadequacy they have or had years ago. Again NO not all people are that way. But because of that once they feel they have power of some kind then yeah some of them abuse it and it would be even worse probably if they were a huge bodybuilder, not even taking juice into account. On the other hand they could use it to actually build their character and discipline themselves and become a contributing member of society.. oh my God? yes bodybuilders can be exceptionally good people too lol.

But people outside of the bodybuilding circle dont know the whole mindset or understand that yes there are some dysfunctional human beings that lurk in the gym, but the same can be said in all walks of life. Maybe in the past some of these people that give you shit were picked on by athletes or buff dudes and has given them insecurities and misconceptions from the past experience? Maybe they are simply jealous because or secretly admire how you look and are being a dick to try to bring you down to their level? Or try to form you into something more vulnerable and manageable to them because maybe they are intimidated and really dont know you arent a blood thirsty violence rage prone viking?

I dont know.. people can be f*cking weird to be honest. But just always try to be kind, modest, but proud and people will eventually see who you are. Maybe you arent who you think you are? Who knows. :confused: My head hurts

personally if we worked half as hard as we do in the gym to be a better person, the whole fucking world would be better for it. but we dont so i digress

frk

What he said.

I find that people actually are nicer and more open to bodybuilders when they figure out your not a jerk or "scary". They kinda like associating with you because, unfortunately, your a bit of an anomaly.

How do you appear to people aside from being muscular? Do you scowl a lot? Are you the type of guy that hardly smiles? What is your demeanor like? Do you seem like an approachable person? These things might have more to do with it than your physical stature.

How do you appear to people aside from being muscular? Do you scowl a lot? Are you the type of guy that hardly smiles? What is your demeanor like? Do you seem like an approachable person? These things might have more to do with it than your physical stature.

THIS^

I am probably not as big as most of you, but compared to the average guy I am.. I am 6' 225 and probably around 13%.. Again, nothing impressive. I still feel that I get a little flack for my overly masculine demeanor at work, but I am a gentleman all the way. My experiences in a normal office environment or in new social situations (new people) that other men seem to have an intimidation factor from me.. Almost like the 'Napolean' complex that shorter guys get. That could be me being slightly insecure, or it could be the truth.. But men are naturally insecure, it's our main defense mechanism so whenever you feel that another man who might be bigger than you walks into your environment, you are going to notice. After people get to know you the relationships become more intimate and friendships develop, but in the beginning being a bigger guy and having a 'swagger' about you raises the eyebrows of others, usually in a negative light. Especially since our culture (atleast in affluent areas) is out to get male-dominant "ASSHOLES" as they are thought to be. There is definately a 'social stigma' attached to being a big, alpha-type of guy. I mean look at the shows you see on television, you never see big guys on them anymore; atleast not in main parts. Those shows have a major influence on the thinking of 'sheep' as I call them, so the stigma is pre-concieved before they get to know you. Big guys are thought to be 'blue collar' and 'dumb' which I find to be a MAJOR insult to me.. When people say I am a 'meathead' I get offended because I feel that the word 'meathead' is synonymous with unintelligent these days.

Last edited:
When I get called an asshole or jerk bodybuilder I usually just say "I know"... and break out in the New Boyz "You're A Jerk" dance while holding dumbbells in each hand.

YouTube - New Boyz "You're A Jerk" OFFICIAL Music Video HD Extended / Uncensored *Skee.TV

Seriously people are going to think what they want. Most think all bodybuilders use gear and if you even look like you have a little muscle are on gear and you may not even be a bodybuilder. I know plenty of bodybuilders who have worked hard, have professional jobs and families and are the nicest guys. Its just a stereotype and I think a lot of people who hate on bodybuilders or persons with some some muscle for that matter do it because they are to lazy to put the work in and don't have the will power to be consistent with their health so it makes them feel better about themselves to identify someone else success with negativity in stereotyping.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws