advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ALL READ - INPUT/SUGGESTIONS REQUIRED FROM EVERYONE INCLUDING GUESTS!

Big A

IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IFBB PROS
JUDGES
Registered
Newbies
If you are a guest and do not wish to register for various reasons, you can email me at [email protected] I need your inputs as well, as this concerns you too.

In September we had just over 59 million page views on ProMuscle, with 1,001,112 unique users! Of course, some people have rotating ip's, so probably you are looking at 1/2 to 2/3 that figure for genuine unique people.

There are a few ideas that I am toying in my head with to make this place even better and expand this concept.

As you know, most top pros don't have contracts any more and they are all dying to score any kind of $ from anywhere. Since Weider was sold last year, all pros contracts were terminated on 31st of December 2003 by the new owners.

I can pay all the pros that I choose to, including the ones that we already have here, as a contract to be active members on the board. Something in the area of $5k - $10k per month each.

The contracts would stipulate that they would be fully active members.
Imagine getting any kind of advice you wish, including gear, from people like Ronnie Coleman, Kevin Levrone, Cutler, Gunter, Dexter, etc, etc.?

I can stipulate in the contracts that ProMuscle is the only board that they can actively participate on, so that way you guys can have the entire benefit to pick their brains, etc.
And they will have to say everything because it will be in their contracts to do so.

Next thing I want to do is to create a ProfessionalMuscle magazine.
To all you hawks out there, the name is already beeing registered and trademarked accross the whole globe, so don't try to think that you can take advantage of this situation!

Anyway, I have already organised some of the best writers, editors and photographers in the world as well as I have the printing comapny and distribution networks accross the world in place.

The magazine will be similar to the way that the ORIGINAL Muscle Media 2000 magazine was - totally uncensored.

The magazine will have the same format, writing about anything that you wish, getting imputs from all of you about what appears in it, etc.
It could even offer jobs for some of you.

As well, the ProMuscle featured member will have a full feature article in the magazine when they become featured member on the board for that month.
So the magazine will allow the featured members to get huge international publicity. And as you know, the featured member doesn't have to be a competitor, so it can give the non competitive members here an oportunity to be recognised in an international magazine. BTW, I intend to make that the best magazine in the world, the way that this board has become and will continue to be the best on the net.

And of course, the ProMuscle contracted pros will be appearing in our magazine exclusively.

As well, all these pros will be appearing at the ProMuscle booths accross the world at various expos such as the Arnold, FIBO, etc.

So basically, all the members of ProMuscle will have the oportunity to pick the brains of any top pros that they wish, to get to know them intimately and interact with them. And it will be for real, because these pros will be paid and it will be in their contracts to be actively participating - if they won't their contracts will be terminated.
On top of that, the ProMuscle members will have an input into what appears in the magazine each month as well as having the opportunity to themselves be featured in the magazine (full spread article, maybe even a cover shot) through the Featured Member contest each month.

To be able to finance all this, I need to make this board a pay board. I am only thinking $1/month. I know that I will lose probably at least half of the people since they won't want to pay, but even so, I will still be able to afford to do everything that I mentioned.
And 1 buck per month is nothing. People that will refuse to pay will be doing so on principle, nothing else. Because other pay boards charge up to $30/month and their content is crap.

Also, there will be enough funds available each month for me to hire techs to improve the board in many other ways such as proper article's sections, galleries of members and of gear, promotional sections, chat rooms, private chat rooms with the individual pros, etc.

Guests don't have to worry about anonimity issues, as I will set up the board in such a way that funds are collected and accounts are set up without any personal details having to be divulged, etc.
Plus remember, the boards ownership is located in a country where all this talk about steroids, etc is legal and as such there is no jurisdiction to get anyone's personal details.

So there you have it. I want as much input as possible on this for the next month, before I decide what will happen.

Very interesting!!! I'll definitely be giving some thought to it and chime in my input.. Good to see your hard at work BigA

ideas sound awesome. count me in for a pay membership. a real hardcore bb magazine these days is really needed. the idea of having the pros here is a great one.

sounds good!

BIG A,
sounds like a great idea I just wonder if these pro's are willing to divulge the formentioned info. You and I both know that the higher ups tend to frown unfavorably on this althoe it would be great and I would love to contribute if you get this off the ground. Man I wouldn't know what to do getting paid for all this useless info floating around in my noggin'LOL anyways let me know it sounds very interesting and I think everyone can afford $12.00 per year for that kind of info. best wishes your friend wyldeone.

yeah sounds good to me...

1 buck a month....Thats rediculously cheap for the priceless info you can attain on this board. Im really looking forward to the magazine. Later.

You're the Man Big A!

Sounds like a xcelent opportunity for everyone.

wyldeone said:
BIG A,
sounds like a great idea I just wonder if these pro's are willing to divulge the formentioned info. You and I both know that the higher ups tend to frown unfavorably on this althoe it would be great.

Ditto! Im with Wylde on this one. $12 a year aint shit! I also like the part that you allow for our featured members to get some exposure as well even though thye may not be a top athlete. This could prove to be very beneficial if you can get this going BigA.

Mr.Huge

I honestly think that this has the potential to be the most exciting thing to happen in bodybuilding in a long time. I think that the pro's would be willing to divulge information so long as they weren't required to say things like "I do this", or "I take this much". If the info were able to be presented by the pros in a way that could only be construed as information, I see no reason they should be unwilling to share what they know. It isn't illegal to share info and they know that, they just won't want to do, or say anything that is an outright admittance to illegal activity.

I think a lot of pros, especially lesser known ones, would jump at an oppurtunity like this. One problem could be that the athletes may be reluctant to sign due to the fear of losing contracts from companies like Weider, etc. But, with a payscale of 10 grand per month, some pros may be willing to take that chance. If you would be willing to start out with some lesser known pros, maybe over time, after the company began to build credibility and a reputation for stability, some of the bigger names would begin to sign. I wouldn't think that you could start right off the bat with Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler signed up, but a couple years down the road, who knows.

As far as making this a pay board, I hate paying for info as much as anyone, but for this place I wouldn't even blink at the thought of paying a dollar per month. The info on this board really is the best I've found anywhere. If you were able to set up credit card payments, or automatic bank drafts I think that would be easiest.

Hell Big A, if this all works out like I hope it will for you, maybe down the road in a few years you could put those Weider bastards out of business.

Good Luck

wyldeone said:
BIG A,
sounds like a great idea I just wonder if these pro's are willing to divulge the formentioned info. You and I both know that the higher ups tend to frown unfavorably on this althoe it would be great and I would love to contribute if you get this off the ground. Man I wouldn't know what to do getting paid for all this useless info floating around in my noggin'LOL anyways let me know it sounds very interesting and I think everyone can afford $12.00 per year for that kind of info. best wishes your friend wyldeone.

Higher ups don't have any more power over the pros anymore. All it was was that the Weiders were paying the pros contracts. Since those don't exist anymore, there is no control over the pros anymore, so they can go on any website or in any magazine they wish, etc as they don't have contractual obligations anymore.

And once we sign them up, we pay for them to survive, so who do you think they will choose?

When MuscleTech was paying people like Lee Priest $3k/month and we will be be paying up to $10k/month, how happy people like Lee and other pros would be? And who do you think they would chose being loyal to? I mean some of these guys were loyal to companies that were paying them as little as $2k/month! We will be paying up to 5 times that!

They will do what our contracts say, not what someone else will say to them, because we will be giving them their income for them to survive.

Plus, they will be able to sell their photos, videos, merchandise, etc and all the $ that they earn that way, they will keep for themselves, so that way they will have an oportunity to earn even more money through this site as well.

The advantage we have is that the pros would want to be as nice and friendly as possible, because they would want to win the most fans on the board in order to sell the most merchandise, so again, our members will be the ones benefiting.

BigBoyJ said:
One problem could be that the athletes may be reluctant to sign due to the fear of losing contracts from companies like Weider, etc.

That's what I was saying. There are no more Weider contracts since last year. Most pros now are not signed up with anyone and most companies are dropping the pay contracts simply because there are so many top pros out there right now that will take sponsorships on products only, never mind $, just to get some exposure since their incomes are gone.
In reality it is very sad situation for the pros now, but we not only can take advantage of this situation now, but we can also help them make a living again.

Big A said:
That's what I was saying. There are no more Weider contracts since last year. Most pros now are not signed up with anyone and most companies are dropping the pay contracts simply because there are so many top pros out there right now that will take sponsorships on products only, never mind $, just to get some exposure since their incomes are gone.
In reality it is very sad situation for the pros now, but we not only can take advantage of this situation now, but we can also help them make a living again.

Ok, I see what you're saying now. Well shit then, it sounds like you're set. I see no reason you couldn't make this work. Getting shit rolling is the hardest part, but once you're rolling, you'll be set.

great idea. I like the magazine thought.You willl have my 1$.

This could revolutionize BB boards as we know it.
Count me in.

i for one think it is a good idea.. pay for a year up front (only $12) for access to pro responses.. where else ya gonna go to get that.. as long as the pros are actually sharing knowledge and just not "hanging" out as a requirement.. you know some will try to milk it lol... there are many pros that deserve the recognition and are not getting as of right now.. so i think it will help support the sport in many ways..
as for the magazine, it is sorely needed.. i stopped submitting article for various mags because they have become so out of touch with the true supporters.. rx muscle magazine by dave palumbo has the right idea but, appears to be way to disorganized to make a impact..i have so many photos of up and coming guys over the years that i could not get published because they were not "name brand" athletes.. sad.. so in closing.. yes.. i believe it is a good idea.. :D

There are pro's and cons.... always remember that. I'll make a furthe statement later but I do like your generosity.

BigA,

In my opinon save your money on paying pros. We have a board like that and its called muscle mayhem a.k.a. Getbig2. All you will do is have little punks either paying to get in and ruin your site or you will end up not doing well becuase they will have access to pros over on muscle mayhem for free.

I just don't want to see ya having to waste money on pros when alot of them may not post as much as you think they should, or not come at all becuase of the fact they are too busy with other things, etc, etc, etc,

I would hate to see the integrity of this board go down even if it is a pay site. If I were you I wouldn't want to have the headaches muscle mayhem has, and maybe the added attention from the feds.

I like the idea of a magazine though. That would be a killer idea. The old muscle media 2000 was the best hardcore mag around until the pussified it, into what it is today. Just a walking EAS add.

Just my 2cc.

Maverick

i agree with maverick. i WOULD like to see the pros on this board already, who donate knowledge and time to answer questions, get paid a little in return and have a contract. this would make wylde, phil, yourself accessible to the whole board. Phil is on here a lot when his cpu works and wylde is coming by more and more. the guys have tons a valuable info that is beneficial to all members. just an idea.

also with more and more visitors, i still tend to worry about law enforcment and source advertising. they can get the email addys, start communicating that way, and then the ball gets rolling. finding out methods of delivery, overseas accounts. the us govt can purse overseas offenses if the country they occur in is willing to help. i would like to to see users having to register to view any topic on this board. thats a little more secure, albeit not much....

i like the magazine idea....just keep it real world....no advertising bullshit from some of these companies....nothing worse than picking up a mag with 200 pages and 175 are ads :mad:

I love the idea Big A, and I like your lines of thinking . I would surely be one of the first to sign up , but I think that you will have to charge more than 12 bucks . I think it should be more like 120 dollars a year ........[ 10 bucks a month ] Let say you sign 5 guys at an average of 7k a month that is 35 grand right there .........As long as you stipulate that your membership can be cancelled at the disgression of the mods then I think you can keep the board away from kids and idiots .....I hope things go ahead as planned and I look foreward to lending my support in anyway possible. Great Ideas now make it happen .......Take care Big A.......

thanks mav.... i didn't have to type this out LOL.

Maverick said:
BigA,

In my opinon save your money on paying pros. We have a board like that and its called muscle mayhem a.k.a. Getbig2. All you will do is have little punks either paying to get in and ruin your site or you will end up not doing well becuase they will have access to pros over on muscle mayhem for free.

I just don't want to see ya having to waste money on pros when alot of them may not post as much as you think they should, or not come at all becuase of the fact they are too busy with other things, etc, etc, etc,

I would hate to see the integrity of this board go down even if it is a pay site. If I were you I wouldn't want to have the headaches muscle mayhem has, and maybe the added attention from the feds.

I like the idea of a magazine though. That would be a killer idea. The old muscle media 2000 was the best hardcore mag around until the pussified it, into what it is today. Just a walking EAS add.

Just my 2cc.

Maverick

I also like this idea as well.

Iabadman said:
I love the idea Big A, and I like your lines of thinking . I would surely be one of the first to sign up , but I think that you will have to charge more than 12 bucks . I think it should be more like 120 dollars a year ........[ 10 bucks a month ] Let say you sign 5 guys at an average of 7k a month that is 35 grand right there .........As long as you stipulate that your membership can be cancelled at the disgression of the mods then I think you can keep the board away from kids and idiots .....I hope things go ahead as planned and I look foreward to lending my support in anyway possible. Great Ideas now make it happen .......Take care Big A.......

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear