mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ALL READ - INPUT/SUGGESTIONS REQUIRED FROM EVERYONE INCLUDING GUESTS!

Maverick said:
BigA,

In my opinon save your money on paying pros. We have a board like that and its called muscle mayhem a.k.a. Getbig2. All you will do is have little punks either paying to get in and ruin your site or you will end up not doing well becuase they will have access to pros over on muscle mayhem for free.

I just don't want to see ya having to waste money on pros when alot of them may not post as much as you think they should, or not come at all becuase of the fact they are too busy with other things, etc, etc, etc,

I would hate to see the integrity of this board go down even if it is a pay site. If I were you I wouldn't want to have the headaches muscle mayhem has, and maybe the added attention from the feds.

I like the idea of a magazine though. That would be a killer idea. The old muscle media 2000 was the best hardcore mag around until the pussified it, into what it is today. Just a walking EAS add.

Just my 2cc.

Maverick

I agree.
With the pros we have here and Wyldeone we have all the info we need. I'd pay $12 a month just to hear the guys here already write about their secrets. Just my 0.02
The new mag is an GREAT Idea TOO!!!
Glad to see BIGA working so hard.

Last edited:
The magazine is a great idea, we need another real rag. I'm not too sure about altering the board from what it is now. Whether properly managed or not, a substantial increase in member population is bound to reflect in the content of the board.

awesome idea big A. I think it is a great idea, I'm sure you knew i'd say that thought because of all the extra traffic hehe.

But seriously, I think it's a great idea and as long as the image of the board doesn't suffer, and we don't start getting the flames going on here like some other boards, I think it has great potential.

Rob

PHIL HERNON said:
A lot of guys on here bring more knowledge than most pros. A lot of pros are pros in spite of themselves. DIEZEL666, you have taught me a LOT!!! This is why I am on here, to learn more myself. It is kind of frustrating to me, the more I learn, the less I feel I know. It just opens another door. No one can master every piece of this bodybuilding puzzle, we must rely on each others expertise.

Phil, Like you said, we are all here to learn from each other. I think that by making the membership more exclusive; ie paying; we could weed out alot of the less serious posts on concentrate on what is really important. Meaning, the secret of the pump.

I'm in

Yeah 12 bucks isnt enought to discourage the unwanted. Maybe a flat 20.00 a year fee. I think if this is tightly ran and it doesnt get as wild and uncontrolled as M.M then ProMuscle will be very successful. I'm sure you have smart enough attorneys to draft the proper contracts for these guys and theres enough memebers in here to give input on what we would like to see. Count me in.

And if you are going to start hiring for future positions at Pro Muscle the Company I'm in as well.

One thing you guys have to realise is that while we have over 1million unique users per month, we only have less than 3,000 members. All the rest are 'guests'.

Even if they are paying members, the guests will not all of a sudden begin posting, because that is not what they are here for.
Most of the funding will obviously be from guests who don't post, but that way everyone, members and guests will get a hugely improved board, magazine, etc.

That is why I want guests to email me with their suggestions, if they don't want to register and post.

Also, since we already have 1million users per month, do you think that due to the growth, if we have 20million users per month will affect the content of the board that much, if at all, when 99.999% of them don't/won't even post? Of course not.

And of course the pros we have on the board already, will be the first ones to receive contracts. Together with the mods who will be paid properly as well.

Also, think about this. Wyldeone trains top competitors and pros. He charges for his advice. Think: what if I pay him more per month than what he earns from his consultancy service? In place for that, he will openly state his theories, secrets, etc on the board. He will be happy as he will be making more money than before, plus nothing will stop him to still do consultancy in real life for people that have no access to the net.
Meanwhile, the members here will get all his great advice for $1 per month, or $12 per year! Think about that.
BTW, I am not commiting wylde to anything or putting him on the spot. It's just an example.

The more I look at it the more it appears that everyone will benefit in every aspect. The pros, the mods, the members, the guests and bodybuilding as whole.

The only issue left open is the privacy issue. But funds payments will be in such a way that privacy will not be an issue and on top of that, how much attention do you think that we will get that we already don't have? Don't kid yourselves, with 1million users per month already, there are plenty of cops around here.
But we are not breaking any laws just by talking about what we do.
And I guarantee that no law enforcement agency will have access to any of this board's databases as it will be held by one of my offshore companies, so NOONE will have access to any of the members details.
And rest assured, I know all that is required with the offshore/privacy thing as one of my current projects is an offshore bank.

Regarding that guy with the DNP incident, the story was a bit deeper. From memory, the guy that got charged was the guy that actually sold the DNP to the kid. It had nothing to do with the board.
And besides, how can anyone hold the board responsible for anything, when it will be owned somewhere in the world where noone will have any jurisdiction over it? You can't sue a ghost ;)

I like the idea also. Most of us here are serious lifters and will pay $12/yr for good information that will help us out with our training. I think a "pay" board will keep the number of members down which is they way I like it. I like the smaller boards like the old Gade and this one as it seems like a closer knit group/family. I'm not sure on how much more the pro's will be able to help out though. I personally know one Pro and when you ask him questions about his prep...he can't tell you off the top of his head as he just follows out what his nutritionist writes out for him. He can tell you what he eats and takes, but that's it...no amounts. I know all are not the same. Like someone previously mentioned, we have alot of members that have a vast amount of knowledge that do/have competed successfully on the State or National level. Some post and some don't. If Wylde keeps visiting frequently like he has been the last week or so...that there is just worth the money. I'll give credit where credits due. I've learned so much from him over the last four years... especially in the area of female prep.

Well, I suppose one way to make sure that the pros that are signed are knowledgable and not just where they are because of genetics would be to test their knowledge prior to giving them a contract. I agree with what Phil said about some pros being pros in spite of themselves. Some guys can do everything wrong, or half right and still grow like a mother due to their genetics. I have spoken to pros who gave advice that was just amazingly stupid, but everyone believes them because they are pros. If the athletes were tested on things we know to be general truths regarding nutrition, steroid usage, training, etc then we would know that we were getting info from someone who KNOWS how things work rather than someone who is just a genetic wonder.

I also see no reason that privacy should be such a concern. Like Big A said, there is plenty of law enforcement here already, if you're worried about that, you're in the wrong place. If people would just remember to keep this in the context of role playing/information sharing, then there is nothing to worry about anyway.

Interesting idea...

One thing came to mind while reading it, instead of trying to build it entirely from scratch why not team up with an already existing, profitable BB magazine that already pays pro's for photo shoots, articles, has a brand name and is fairly open and honest about drug use - I'm thinking of Muscular Development. They have access to pros all the time, and as far as I know, they have no affiliation with BB board, or a board of their own. Teaming up might jump start this from both a capital investment standpoint and get the site quick publicity (they certain could make mention of it in their Magazine - and tout it as THE place to meet the pros online).

Of course with any joint venture there are control issues, management issues, etc... but it may be worth having a discussion or two with Blechman & Co to see if they are game (besides, it would eliminate a future magazine competitor from their space).

Just an idea,

DrG

PS: I subscribe to MD which is like $25/year, so a $12/year web site is no big deal.

Why not start now with a pay section with Phil and Wyldeone and see how much interest there is?Start small and see how it goes.JMHO. ;)

KillerStack said:
Why not start now with a pay section with Phil and Wyldeone and see how much interest there is?Start small and see how it goes.JMHO. ;)

thats a good idea, im sure people would pay 12bucks to hear them speak.

Correct me here Big A if I'm wrong but are you "assuming" since there is 1 million hits per month from non registered people that a percentage will pay?
I have my doubts. There's 1 million or more hits per month but only 3000 people bothered to register. How many would bother if it was a pay site from the beginning? Do ya really think that more(more than 3000) will register if they have to take the time to send funds? And will they keep comming back year after year? I hope your not getting your hopes up to much. The Mag idea is however a solid investment. This is not a flame bro just trying to look at all possibilities/probabilities. Remember, out of 1 million guests only 3000 bothered to register(for free) and those 3000 have come slowly over a couple of years. I'll admit, I come over here all the time to read and don't bother to log in. I think this idea, that your going to have a lot of people pay, needs to be studied closer.

Last edited:
BIG A......HERE IS WHAT I THINK!

FIRST OFF IT'S A FORWARD THINKING IDEA. FOR A LONG TIME THE WEIDER'S HAVE CONTROLLED BODYBUILDING. THERE WAS A LOT OF MISINFORMATION IN THOSE MAGS THAT I BELIEVE HELD ME BACK AS A YOUNG LIFTER. FOR EXAMPLE, I TRAINED 6 DAYS A WEEK TRYING TO GET BIG FOR ABOUT THREE YEARS WHEN I FIRST STARTED WORKING OUT IN HIGH SCHOOL. IF I HAD KNOWN THAT SOME PRO'S DID SOMETHING ELSE AND WERE HUGE....I'D HAVE TRIED THAT AS WELL. AS IT WAS I RELIGIOUSLY TRIED THE ROUTINES I READ AND WASTED TIME. 6 MEALS A DAY? I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT EITHER....JUST SIMPLE STUFF THAT REALLY WOULD HAVE HELPED A KID IN A RURAL AREA LIKE MONTANA.

AGAIN, GREAT IDEAS....PROBABLY WHY I AM A SCHOOL TEACHER WHO MAKES 42,000 A YEAR AND YOU OWN SEVERAL COMPANIES! PURSUE THIS PLAN, BIG A. IT MIGHT TAKE THE WHOLE SCENE IN A NEW DIRECTION.

:cool:

BIG A i love the idea. I personally will pay the 12 dollars a year for the rest of my life. This board means that much to me. I love your ideas for it and wish you and the board good luck.

GR03

I think it a brilliant idea.... I'd gladly pay $12 a year for it.

Great idea

I look forward to the evolution. I am confident you will pull this off in your typical Big A fashion.

Thx
KH

BIG-A

sounds great to me .I will for sure send in 12bucks a year thats nothing for what you are offering.

For $12 bucks its a steal. For you Canadians, isnt that like $500? :p Anyway, I like the progressive thinking BigA...Not that this board doesnt stand out already, imagine the possibilities...

-slide

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Zcrowe18