over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

attitudes on stage ...and off

Why is it when a competitor does well and moves up from local shows to national shows they feel as though they are better then most of us ,surround themselves with yes people,fakes,phonies and need to be patted on the back and craddled all the way to the Olympian stage and when they do not get the attention they think they deserve from us as well as judges they get all upset .....

They often forget who was there day in and out over years for them...we were in the trentchs with them as well and then when they get to where they want to be they push us aside like used napkins..

All i can say is i hope it is all worth it...someday the looks will be gone...the camera's will no longer flash...fans will no longer flock to your booth...the free gifts from companies and endorsments will longer be on your door step weekly ...you will be an average joe.. a schmuck..a has been use to be wanna be yearning for the past that you will never see again..all you will have left is the path of dissappointed and destruction of friendships you ruined to remember...

Best wishes to YOU ....you know who you are.....

Dude....

You have alot on your mind, don't you? lol.

I saw the things you speak of first hand. It's kinda funny when you take a step back.

PB

That's why I like to be a never was, never will be, no count, walk in the shadows, loser with no ambition. It WORKS for me. :)

BigBoyJ said:
That's why I like to be a never was, never will be, no count, walk in the shadows, loser with no ambition. It WORKS for me. :)

haha, set the bar so low its impossible to dissappoint people.... i like that ;)

YA

yeah i was one of thiose punk asses when i didnt win my division, when i thought i shoukldve , i threw my troiphy in the parking lot n threw a fit like a kid but , i heard ronnie coleman say one time at a press conference , i dint complain wjen i got 10th at the mr o in 199? i didnt complain when i got 9th at the mr o in 199? , so the moral of the story is DONT COMPLAIN. hearing it from a guy like that , def helps

I also used to be like that when I was alot younger and competing in BB. Then when I got into pro wrestling, the veteran wrestlers "got me right!" Actually, I always respected the veterans tremendously, but was not trained properly in the beginning...they didn't push the principle of being humble, which was the most important. I still love competing in BB and wrestling, but its not important at 39 anymore to win all the time. Just being able to compete with others is whats cool, and meeting new people. Also, often times I get labeled "stuck up" or an "a--hole" just because I am naturally a loner, and don't like to talk up a storm during my workout like most people nowadays.

:( ... we need some real representives of the sport to give it a good rep not a black eye..Phil your one of those good gusy who speaks the truth and dosen't drown in their own illusions....I know there are many more but i have know Phil long enough to vouche for his honesty and integerity... ;)

cockdiesel said:
yeah i was one of thiose punk asses when i didnt win my division, when i thought i shoukldve , i threw my troiphy in the parking lot n threw a fit like a kid but , i heard ronnie coleman say one time at a press conference , i dint complain wjen i got 10th at the mr o in 199? i didnt complain when i got 9th at the mr o in 199? , so the moral of the story is DONT COMPLAIN. hearing it from a guy like that , def helps

Haha bro, kinda like when i choked in Regions n threw my medal and every newspaper in the area got a pic of it or felt the need to write a 2 page story on how much of a jerk i was lol.

Never forget everyone who was there for you step by step through it all that got you to the top, no matter what ur competing in or succeeding in. Just becuase you have more money, ur a better athlete, or something like that, doesnt make you better than someone else. As long as u never gave up and gave it 100% then you deserve ur props.

haha, set the bar so low its impossible to dissappoint people.... i like that

Now this is actually what i try to do. I stay confident but always downplay my abilities, based on past experiences. When you come out of nowhere like a darkhorse you get praised. When you are put on the pedestal and expected to win, and u dont, ur boo'd and ridiculed. Iv had such high expectations put on me my entire life with athletics, just cuase i was a little better than the rest in the area, whenever i lost it was like the end of the world. Id lose all privilages, props, etc.. and i was suddenly "nothing" becuase i didnt pull through. This is why i downplay my abilities, cuase i cant stand the pressure and high expectations cuase i know what happens when you get close to the top n lose ur grip... u fall hard.

I like to post things like this once in a while to help keep some of us (including myself) grounded to reality.!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131