over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Cholesterol probs

e123low

Newbies
Well, I hit a bump in the road. I was just about to start my first cycle then I got my blood work back. Everything is just about optimal aside from my cholesterol which is totaling 205. HDL is 39 and LDL is 154!

THis really bothers me as I have been watching my diet extra close lately and even upped my cardio.

I'm gonna back calories down to maintainence levels, cut out some sat fat, add a couple more cardio sessions and up the mono/polys. I also bought a couple months worth of Life support by Anabolic Innovations.

How long can I expect to wait, given optimal conditions, for my cholesterol to normalize?

What would be the highest you'd ever let your LDL get and still consider running a cycle. I'm planning on just small doses of test for around 12 weeks.

This was the first time I've ever gotten blood work done. I hope this isnt some type of genetic predisposition.

Thanks.

I would check my diet adjust it up my cardio wait another month have blood work done again, If this didnt fix the problem i would talk to the doc about meds. you should add some EFAs to your diet as well. And good job going about your first cycle the rite way by getting blood work before starting. I dont think this happens often...

Thats just it, Big. I've been working out, eating healthy, popping fish oils, etc for years. I figured the blood test would be nothing short of a reference for baseline. Then, I got a call from the doc saying that I'm borderlining the danger zone.

Such a dissapointment. I was so excited for the cycle. Now I'm wondering if I'll ever even be able to touch it.

So did you speek with him about meds? I would think if you explaned your diet and training to him he wouldnt have a problem putting you on meds.

How old are you and what are you stats? ht,wt,bf%?

No way do I want to start meds. I'm 24 years old, 5'8", 180lbs, 12%bf.

I feel like although I eat much, much better than most, I can still improve. My doc offered diet advice but after talking to him for a bit he seemed to think that I really didnt need his help in those regards. He wants me to tweek my diet how I see fit and up the cardio. I'm scheduled again in three months :(.

I still cant find any sources detailing the response time between exercise and diet changes towards cholesterol. Some say weeks while other claim up to a year to see a significant change.

No way do I want to start meds. I'm 24 years old, 5'8", 180lbs, 12%bf.

I feel like although I eat much, much better than most, I can still improve. My doc offered diet advice but after talking to him for a bit he seemed to think that I really didnt need his help in those regards. He wants me to tweek my diet how I see fit and up the cardio. I'm scheduled again in three months :(.

I still cant find any sources detailing the response time between exercise and diet changes towards cholesterol. Some say weeks while other claim up to a year to see a significant change.

Hey e!

If it makes you feel any better the same thing just happened to me! I almost have the same stats as you (28yrs 5"10 180 10%bf). Just received my blood test last week and my cholesterol is 205. I've had a tight diet for the last 5 years. Never eat fast food or anything like that. I was so pissed.

The only thing I could think of that might of skewed the test was they told me not to eat red meat for 3 days before. Well I did that, but I did eat 6 eggs each day. I wonder if that did anything?

So i'm just gonna hold off on gear, up the cardio, pop some more fish oils, cut out allot of the red meat to chicken, eat some almonds and walnuts, and even consider some cherrios! Well maybe not cherrios. Just liked the comercial.

Prob get a bloodtest again in Oct. Good luck man! I'll try to post back on this thread when I get the results back. Look on the bright side, this will give me a chance to try out that BSN no explode everyone has been telling me about. I have skepticism about it though:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Gamble,
I'm sorry to hear of your situation but it is a bit refreshing to have somebody around who can relate, so thanks for chiming in.

I almost wanna watch my diet for a week and go back in. I only fasted for 8hrs and the last meal I had was a King Size Whopper Value Meal on top of my usual 3500cals. I have no idea why I did that.

While dietary cholesterol affects only 5-15 percent of your total plasma levels, I feel that is still significant enough to skew the test.

Oh, you'll love the NO Xplode for about the first week until the novilty wears off and you realize you could have bought some L-Tyrosine, Caffeine and creatine for a fraction of the cost and get the same effects.

I get the shit for free and I dont even take it, LOL.

Take care.

Do you have any family history of cholesterol or heart problems?

You could try just taking niacin to see if it will help your numbers a little. Mine changed drastically once I got up to 1500 mg. I don't mean to scare you, but my numbers were very similar to yours and my diet as always been pretty tight. At age 46 they found my right coronary artery was totally blocked. I don't blame you for wanting to experiment with your diet and get another blood test, but whatever you do please don't ignore it. Good luck!

Do you have any family history of cholesterol or heart problems?

You could try just taking niacin to see if it will help your numbers a little. Mine changed drastically once I got up to 1500 mg. I don't mean to scare you, but my numbers were very similar to yours and my diet as always been pretty tight. At age 46 they found my right coronary artery was totally blocked. I don't blame you for wanting to experiment with your diet and get another blood test, but whatever you do please don't ignore it. Good luck!

No family history for me! Everyone on both sides has really low cholesterol... for me I think it's been way too much red meat and lack of cardio. I wonder how much I can drop it by the second week in Oct.

I'm going to go search the forum now, but what's the max cholesterol for a Test E and Dbol cycle?

My Doc advised me that it would take anywhere from 90 t0 120 day's to have any decernable difference in the reading. As to the point's above about diets also try eating a couple of serving per day of whole oatmeal.
Height weight as nothing to do with cholesteral levels and body fat is not an indicater one can rely on either.

I also do not think there can be much Genetic predisposition to good or bad cholesteral levels. Now heart disease is a different story.

Adjust your diet and cardio and pass on the test for now even at a low dose as test will lower you good cholesterol even more than it is.

There is ton's of good info bout lowering bad and raising good cholesterol levels.

It's the ratio of good to bad that is most important, I am sure this is your Doc' thinking as he chose NOT to put you on some medication. Med's work great for lowing the bad cholesterol but I dont think there are any med's to raise good cholesterol.

I had the same problem. All at once my cholesterol shot up. I did everything I could think of to lower it. I watched my diet, took fish oil and flax seed oil. Nothing I did seemed to help. Then one day I noticed that there was a lot of cholesterol in the Protein powder I was using. If I added it up, the amount of cholesterol I was taking in was about half of the daily max. I searched all over the net for a protein powder that didn't contain cholesterol. I found one at Pride Nutrition (no, I don't work for them). It has 0 cholesterol, very low fat, and low carbs. After about two months my LDL cholesterol and the total came down. I have remained on that protein, plus I take pure fish oil (Res-Q), not the junk fish oil you buy in the drug stores or from supplement companies. The EPA and DHA values of this pure fish oil are the highest on the market.

You should also investigate what other supplements you are taking. Testosterone boosters tend to increase cholesterol levels in testing. I don't know if it is a real number, but it at least will give a false reading on the test. I learned this on the package insert that you get with Androgel.

Hope this helps.

Well, I got my results back in the mail and it is as follows:

Cholesterol 205 (<200)
Triglyceride 58 (<150)
HDL 39 (>39)
LDL 154 (<100)
VLDL 12 (0-40)
cHOLESTROL/HDL Ratio 5.3 (<5.0)

So, things arent terribly bad, but I am borderling high. I guess I'm holding off on cycle for at least a few months till I can get things under control.

I'll keep you guys posted.

You must eat a diverse diet. One that includes lots of fresh fruits and veggies and various protein sources. Too many people get trapped into eating tuna, chicken, brown rice, egg whites, etc. This can lead to deficiencies in certain amino acids that are essential to muscle growth. Just stay away from as much processed food as you can and everything will be fine.

PB

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic