over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

High Cholesterol what should I take

Got my labs back since I started my micro dosing Crestor experiment (5mg 2x/week).

Unfortunately my labs aren't any better (actually worse) than when I was running all of my natural cholesterol support supps ( RYR, beta sisterol, panthetine, krill, fish oil, etc).

I am planning on continuing the experiment but going to 5mg 3x a week. If that doesn't get LDL to 70 or lower I am going to add the 10mg/day of Ezetimibe.

I will keep everyone posted on the results in another month or 2.
When I added that 10 mg of Ezetimibe to my Atorvis 20 mg, my numbers dropped dramatically. More then anything I ever seen. I tested 2 months later. I am beginning to think the Atorvis 20 mg, was doing much of anything.

red yeast and prescription ldl reducers like lipitor

I admittedly haven't read this entire thread, so this might be a dumb question, but have you guys with chronically low HDL/ high LDL tried coming off gear completely for awhile?
Gear tends to lower my HDL AND LDL, but they quickly (within a couple of weeks) go back to WNL if I go down to TRT.

Ubiquinol is more bioavailable but you can get around that but doubling the dose of CoQ10 so it basically becomes the same thing at a 2:1 ratio
I had heard that as one gets older, the body can no longer convert coq10 to its active form (ubiquinol). This is why I would bite the bullet and pay extra for the ubiquinol.

Just wondering where the current research is on that. I stopped the ubiquinol because I'm tired of spending so damn much on supplements (I take a lot of shit when I stop and think about it).

Got my labs back since I started my micro dosing Crestor experiment (5mg 2x/week).

Unfortunately my labs aren't any better (actually worse) than when I was running all of my natural cholesterol support supps ( RYR, beta sisterol, panthetine, krill, fish oil, etc).

I am planning on continuing the experiment but going to 5mg 3x a week. If that doesn't get LDL to 70 or lower I am going to add the 10mg/day of Ezetimibe.

Thanks for the updates.
Following closely ….

FWIW. I’ve been reading and learning as much as I can on this as I carry the APOE4 allele and as such, am predisposed to ApoB issues.

Low and behold, despite a very clean diet, lifestyle and supplements; my LDL and particles are a little off.

If any of you deal with the same, either by way of generic predisposition or doing keto or carnivore, I strongly suggest getting acquainted with Dr Nadir Ali.

He is a Cardiologist out of Texas who refutes popular opinion about LDL issues being atherogenic in relation to mortality risk.

He espouses and prescribes low carb, keto and even carnivore to his patients.

He and Ivor Cummings (brilliant), have some fascinating discussions about this and on the overall dogma of lipidology and statins. Plenty on YouTube.

That said, as a layman, it’s becoming increasingly challenging to determine who and what is right.

All of the medical literature seems to point to ApoB ~ LDL, most notably LDL-p being THE causative factor for predictive risk for CVD events. Yet, an increasing body of MD’s are now challenging this and even implementing high fat diets themselves and for their patients.

I will tell you that statins are no joke, ditto that for PCSK9-I’s as it relates to sides (insulin resistance, dementia, erectile dysfunction, lowered immunity to fight typical insulted as well as cancer); especially long term so as someone forced to figure out what is the best decision for me, this has become an obsession almost overnight.

FWIW. Both camps seems to argue that HDL is not the Savior everyone thinks it is. It’s never been demonstrated to reverse CVD events despite all we have heard all these years so all of these efforts by bodybuilders and the medical community obviously to elevate HDL to combat dyslipidemia of any type, has proven to be sort of useless. It’s used as a biomarker to analyze the overall picture but efforts to increase it to disarm high C and LDL levels seems to be pointless.

^ one more comment

Trust me, I was beyond shocked (and frustrated) as well as I thought for 25 years now that this - HDL’s ability to reverse some of the deleterious potential of a poor ApoB reading - was gospel!

Is it normal that I feel 10-20% more tired during the day whilst taking 10mg ezetimibe? Today will be my 3rd day of taking it. I am hoping my body will get use to it in a few weeks and I wont notice anything.

Apparently ezetimibe stop you absorbing Cholesterol from food but your liver will make plenty for the body to use. Can anyone advise/correct me?

Is it normal that I feel 10-20% more tired during the day whilst taking 10mg ezetimibe? Today will be my 3rd day of taking it. I am hoping my body will get use to it in a few weeks and I wont notice anything.

Apparently ezetimibe stop you absorbing Cholesterol from food but your liver will make plenty for the body to use. Can anyone advise/correct me?
Ezetimibe inhibits cholesterol absorption in the intestine whereas statins inhibit cholesterol production primarily in the liver; so they have complementary effects.

From my understanding the body has a level it thinks it needs, just like most things. And it will try to get to that level with cholesterol whether it has to produce more or absorb more. But i would have to think that if a person can't produce much then moderating the absorption would be the way to go to lower it. If the body can't absorb it well then moderating the production seems the way to go, depending on the individual.
But in general it seems most do not absorb cholesterol well to start with as it is a large molecule. I watched a podcast with David Sinclair recently that said a colleague of his was soon to release a large study showing cholesterol is mostly not absorbed at all. Which is what i see from my blood work. And for those that don't know Sinclair he is a genius Harvard professor genetic anti aging researcher. Has a lot of interesting info that he loves to talk about.

I don't notice fatigue from it but try taking it before bed

Im extremely prone to side effects from all different kinds of medications, fatigue being the most common. I’ve been on Ezetimibe for about a year and have experienced zero side effects. Try taking it before bed and give it a few more weeks if tolerable before stopping.

Found this at the perfect time. A family member was just prescribed 5mg Crestor 3x week. Her Doc seemed confident and provided some info that I thought looked promising but she isn’t convinced. Thanks for documenting your experiment and looking forward to your next update.

Found this at the perfect time. A family member was just prescribed 5mg Crestor 3x week. Her Doc seemed confident and provided some info that I thought looked promising but she isn’t convinced. Thanks for documenting your experiment and looking forward to your next update.
BTW I’m not on a statin but am on Ezetimibe and it has made a pretty significant improvement.

It's impossible to give you a good answer without knowing more details. Yes you could take x, y and z and that would be an easy fix but you have included no details. Your cholesterol is high? What is high? Can you post all your cholesterol markers. Are they always high? Have you had much blood work in the past? How old are you? Are you on cycle now? Any orals? Do you plan to go on multiple aas blasts in the future? What is your diet like? Do you do cardio? Any changes (diet, aas, medications etc) recently?

There are so many factors involved and it could be an easy fix. Include more info and we can better assist you. Your numbers could be a temporary issue due to changes in AAS and diet and/or you may just need a little boost so 1-2 supps and some cardio would help or you could be in need of something much stronger so all of the above plus medication.
Agreed and no one has addressed cardio which is a must for all of us til death imo

Reactions: D2
Citrus Bergamot was useless for me too.

6g Omega ED
400-600mg ED Ubiquinol
1g Curcumin
1.2g NAC
750mg TUDCA
12.5mg TRT ED
Life Extension 2 per day Multi
Vitamin K2/D3

Has my lipids good.
I’m on the same basic minus TUDCA and everything is good except hematocrit is 54.3 and HDL is 20 but it was under 30 before I ever touched juice and was 154 lb Marine that tan 10 plus miles daily and are super clean no alcohol no soda no coffee. My trig’s are up and down 90 one test 200 the next, 130, 70 literally have no idea what that’s about.

FYI in case anyone is interested.

I found this very illuminating.

Your brain has the highest concentration of cholesterol in your body, 20%. Without it you would be dead. That is some evidence that too low of cholesterol can effect brain activity and not in a good way (but won’t make you smarter 🙁).

FWIW. I’ve been reading and learning as much as I can on this as I carry the APOE4 allele and as such, am predisposed to ApoB issues.

Low and behold, despite a very clean diet, lifestyle and supplements; my LDL and particles are a little off.

If any of you deal with the same, either by way of generic predisposition or doing keto or carnivore, I strongly suggest getting acquainted with Dr Nadir Ali.

He is a Cardiologist out of Texas who refutes popular opinion about LDL issues being atherogenic in relation to mortality risk.

He espouses and prescribes low carb, keto and even carnivore to his patients.

He and Ivor Cummings (brilliant), have some fascinating discussions about this and on the overall dogma of lipidology and statins. Plenty on YouTube.

That said, as a layman, it’s becoming increasingly challenging to determine who and what is right.

All of the medical literature seems to point to ApoB ~ LDL, most notably LDL-p being THE causative factor for predictive risk for CVD events. Yet, an increasing body of MD’s are now challenging this and even implementing high fat diets themselves and for their patients.

I will tell you that statins are no joke, ditto that for PCSK9-I’s as it relates to sides (insulin resistance, dementia, erectile dysfunction, lowered immunity to fight typical insulted as well as cancer); especially long term so as someone forced to figure out what is the best decision for me, this has become an obsession almost overnight.

FWIW. Both camps seems to argue that HDL is not the Savior everyone thinks it is. It’s never been demonstrated to reverse CVD events despite all we have heard all these years so all of these efforts by bodybuilders and the medical community obviously to elevate HDL to combat dyslipidemia of any type, has proven to be sort of useless. It’s used as a biomarker to analyze the overall picture but efforts to increase it to disarm high C and LDL levels seems to be pointless.
Ivor Cummins and Nadir Ali are absolutely fantastic with what they teach!

FYI in case anyone is interested.

I found this very illuminating.

Your brain has the highest concentration of cholesterol in your body, 20%. Without it you would be dead. That is some evidence that too low of cholesterol can effect brain activity and not in a good way (but won’t make you smarter 🙁).
I have read that about the brain. Which i think is about 60% fat. And half of that is omega 3's. And low levels of cholesterol are associated with higher over all mortality rates.
The study points to more then LDL being responsible for calcification. And that is my experience as well.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws