over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Chronic Pain? Kratom- why/how I use it

I was using it for a a few months as it really seemed to help with back and neck pain. It became a habit and no longer worked for pain. I wasn’t using much but I seemed to acquire an addiction I didn’t want. I quit cold turkey and will never touch it again. Iv since seem a lot of people here fucked yo on Kratom looking like heroin junkies. My advice guys is just stay away from it. Tolerance built up so quickly and seemed daily needed more to get the pain relief benefits. Stuff made me feel like trash anyway and fucked with my sleep and my stomach bigtime. Roughly 3 months after my last use and feel like a fool for ever getting involved with it. It is a drug so I recommend treating is as such and to proceed with caution. Iv never had any addictions to any substance before the Kratom.
also....where you are getting it from....ive heard of places being shut down because
of MIXING things in there....addictive things.....of course so you keep buying

regardless....i would not recommend going over 10 grams a day.
i know alot of guys on here will laugh at that, but it is very addictive.
i remember talking with members (i wont say names) that were taking
upwards of 30grams a day.

also....where you are getting it from....ive heard of places being shut down because
of MIXING things in there....addictive things.....of course so you keep buying

regardless....i would not recommend going over 10 grams a day.
i know alot of guys on here will laugh at that, but it is very addictive.
i remember talking with members (i wont say names) that were taking
upwards of 30grams a day.
Ya that’s fucked up but I know it happens. I read an article the other day stating several samples of legally sold Kratom being spiked with fentanyl. Fucking scumlords..

Ya that’s fucked up but I know it happens. I read an article the other day stating several samples of legally sold Kratom being spiked with fentanyl. Fucking scumlords..
yupper....never know....shitty thing

In Sweden they had sellers mixing in a tramadol metabolite. This was maybe 10 years ago.

I took like 600 grams of Kratom fairly recently and had zero withdrawals dropping it cold turkey. If it was very addictive I think I'd have noticed some withdrawals but maybe not as people are different. Overall it's not very strong and doesn't produce strong euphoria either.

Man when you have pain that it even hurts when you breathe. And I'm not exaggerating
It's the worst thing to deal with daily
Only way I can describe my chronic low back pain is like an electric shock wave pulsates down my spine and literally stops me in my tracks. Completely takes my breath away. I stay perfectly still trying not move so as not to recreate that shock wave. My pain is confined solely to my lower back. Had every non invasive to minimally invasive procedure done to no avail…. Just got to learn to live with it like the OP said. It does get tough at times.

Tried Kratom a few times, but didn’t notice anything from it. Used a red strain. That’s all I can remember from it. Don’t know if it was a valid site or not that I used so I could’ve been sold complete crap. Just taking advil nowadays.

Cage

Really? Whoever is responsible for that should be shot immediately.

Fentanyl is the end if you get it. I’m so glad I don’t mess around with any powders or pills.

I was using it for a a few months as it really seemed to help with back and neck pain. It became a habit and no longer worked for pain. I wasn’t using much but I seemed to acquire an addiction I didn’t want. I quit cold turkey and will never touch it again. Iv since seem a lot of people here fucked yo on Kratom looking like heroin junkies. My advice guys is just stay away from it. Tolerance built up so quickly and seemed daily needed more to get the pain relief benefits. Stuff made me feel like trash anyway and fucked with my sleep and my stomach bigtime. Roughly 3 months after my last use and feel like a fool for ever getting involved with it. It is a drug so I recommend treating is as such and to proceed with caution. Iv never had any addictions to any substance before the Kratom.
I think for my purposes I would not become a junkie on it....I have been in pain management for over 10 years and never even took more of my prescribed dose of opiates...even on the days when I am in EXTREME pain. The more I look into it, the more it seems yes it can be addictive and bad withdrawls, but these also seem to be the people getting high off it and using it every day multiple times a day....I am talking about using it 3-4x a month when I am having really bad days, I am not some junkie.

Fentanyl is the end if you get it. I’m so glad I don’t mess around with any powders or pills.
my goal is to work my opiods down, not get futher dependent on them. As in pain management you learn the difference between addiction and dependence.

I think for my purposes I would not become a junkie on it....I have been in pain management for over 10 years and never even took more of my prescribed dose of opiates...even on the days when I am in EXTREME pain. The more I look into it, the more it seems yes it can be addictive and bad withdrawls, but these also seem to be the people getting high off it and using it every day multiple times a day....I am talking about using it 3-4x a month when I am having really bad days, I am not some junkie.
Bro the Kratom stopped working for the pain. It might work for others but it stopped working for me. You build up a tolerance to Kratom really fast. Before you know it your taking large amounts chasing that fucking dragon. You know the deal.

Bro the Kratom stopped working for the pain. It might work for others but it stopped working for me. You build up a tolerance to Kratom really fast. Before you know it your taking large amounts chasing that fucking dragon. You know the deal.
True, but pretty much everyone i know that wants their chronic pain to go away and never have any takes higher doses or switches/adds other things to their stack. To not get addicted it seems you have to accept there will be pain and possibly increasing some.

True, but pretty much everyone i know that wants their chronic pain to go away and never have any takes higher doses or switches/adds other things to their stack. To not get addicted it seems you have to accept there will be pain and possibly increasing some.
YOU NAILED IT ON THE HEAD....After the first couple years of pain management I always just wanted my pain to go away, and found myself on almost triple the dose I am on now. Over the next couple years I worked my dose down. I then learned the trick to this game, it is not "PAIN GO AWAY"...it is "pain management"...I then , over the next couple years, lowered my dose month after month with the help of my doctor and have found a sweet spot of , yes I am still in pain but I can live with it and still function for the most part. The temptation to take more is still there on really bad pain days, but just bite my lip thru it. This was the point of my original question, with the intention of using it only 3-4 days a month for the really bad days when I am stuck in bed or in a recliner.

YOU NAILED IT ON THE HEAD....After the first couple years of pain management I always just wanted my pain to go away, and found myself on almost triple the dose I am on now. Over the next couple years I worked my dose down. I then learned the trick to this game, it is not "PAIN GO AWAY"...it is "pain management"...I then , over the next couple years, lowered my dose month after month with the help of my doctor and have found a sweet spot of , yes I am still in pain but I can live with it and still function for the most part. The temptation to take more is still there on really bad pain days, but just bite my lip thru it. This was the point of my original question, with the intention of using it only 3-4 days a month for the really bad days when I am stuck in bed or in a recliner.
Brother I been in management pain meds too for about 6 years now. Iam on the same as you. I was supposed to take 1- 3 to 4 times a day. I always took 3 some day I drink and got stupid and went up to 4 most very little few time 5 max. For the last 3 years I been wanting to get off. In that same amount of time I went down to 1 1/2 a day.i break my 10mg ones in half.so 3 halfs through the day

It's not that you are or get addicted to it. What happens after taking it for that long
Your brain gets used to receiving it that your own brain part stops making/releasing it.so when you get of. The brain goes crazy looking for it.until the body starts feeding it again on its own.

At this point you go into withdrawal. Let tell you I'm in the middle of withdrawal as I type this and I'm I. Hell.worse than hell
The tapering really only works if you are in Rehab and they give you other drugs to help.if you do it on your own you will fail 99% ..the feeling of withdrawal is the worse thing you can feel in the world I swear.the taper don't work because once you go below you dose it starts
For instance once I go to 2 half a day
Withdrawal starts
And it's so BAD that you will fail and take more to not feel that way. Trust me man

I just decided just stop 100% I know I was going to be I hell for about a week
But after I have my life back and not depend on opioid for the rest of my life
And my back pain is extremely bad with surgery. But I rather take Ibuprofen 800mg I've noticed that take the pain more than the opioid does.

I'm just telling you this because don't think that you not taking more than the script is you be able to get off without withdrawal

And kratom did help at about 3.5g does but it's also additive and it didn't help my pain and forgot helping with withdrawal. And my kratom was top shell brand not cheap crap

I very cautiously ordered myself some kratom again after being off of it for three years. Back then I was using it to feel good and boost my mood. This is a dead end and I had to taper down and quit.

Now that I'm dealing with degenerated discs in my back, I was looking for relief WITHOUT resorting to painkillers. This has been good so far. I'm not using it until I get home from work now. I'm also using the absolute bare minimum to get relief.

The good thing I've found (for me) is that kratom seems to have some good pain relief and anti inflammatory effects at a really low dose, so I find that I can get relief without getting a buzz. This is important to me because I really don't need to be chasing a high.

I hear ya. I had my spine surgery 3 months after i had my shoulder replaced. Prior to all that i kept my pain meds as low as i could. As long as i could sleep a fair amount of the night. I wouldn't take much of anything. As i knew that was a downhill ride. And could damage the internal organs even with OTC stuff. And was off all meds 4-5 days after the surgeries.
20 years ago when i had my shoulder rebuilt the Dr. gave me scripts for oxycodone and oxycontin, and told me to take as much as i needed as often as i needed because i was a big guy. I thought that was bad advice then. And barely took any. But that was before they became known for there addictive properties.

I am a former infantry Marine that served in Iraq. As a 50 cal gunner I was engaged in a fire-fight when my vehicle took rounds from an anti-aircraft gun and my back was injured as a result.

I use kratom to improve my quality of living, not specifically for pain.

From my experience dealing with chronic pain is best done through the acceptance that pain may always be there. Various forms of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) such as Anger Management and Mind Over Mood have helped tremendously. I don't think I am alone in that when I am in pain I can have a short temper and an angry disposition. Also chronic pain can lead to a gloomy outlook and just poor mood overall. CBT helps me to gain the skills that help with these issues.
As for acceptance of the pain I found that Mindfulness Meditation, Guided Imagery Meditation and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) have made a huge difference. These forms of therapy are primarily regarding mental health. I have had lengthy stints of physical therapy and pain management through polytrauma and I have found CBT and ACT to be more helpful. I have drawn this conclusion: much of the pain we feel are like alarm sensors telling us something is wrong so that we can do something about it. However with many forms of chronic pain there is little that we can do to change this. Thus all we can do is learn to accept.

How I do go about alleviating chronic pain?
*Dry Needling with the physical therapist has been most beneficial for myself.
*H-wave For personal use I have an H-Wave machine. It's a pricing peice of machinery but the first time I tried it I just fell asleep as I had relief that I hadn't felt in years. Those suffering from chronic pain should certainly look into an H-Wave and real testimonials from users.
*Ice Packs are a constant companion and in my opinion should be the first line of defense. Reduction of swelling and dulling pain sensors cannot be understated.

Now for Kratom: How I use it

I use 1/2 teaspoon prior to most workouts. For most, myself included, Bali and White strains work best in this regard, lacking a sedative effect possibly having an energizing effect.

If I am looking for something to help me relax I opt for Green even some yellow strains.
Before bed I lean towards Red Vein strains.
If pain levels are really severe I take 1/2 tsp of kratom and half tablet of a prescription opioid medication. I take Curcumin daily and rarely do I ever use NSAIDs.

To be honest I have a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon that I don't even fill up all the way and I do not take more than this is one sitting. The emphasis for me it to gain the benefits while avoiding the "High" feeling. A slight uptick in mood is great but euphoria and a high is were things get risk for myself.
I typically try to avoid using kratom more than 2 times in a day and honestly if I'm do more than 3 doses I can be sure that I'm doing so out of stress and for emotional reasons. In my personal journey with counseling the goal is to accept negative emotion and not try to numb them. Same goes for a pain.

Kratom habituates so I rotate strains constantly which helps me avoid building a tolerance. I keep multiple "colors"/strains on hand and mix it up with each order.

General Info:
White Vein tends to be energizing, uplifting, and focusing.

Green Vein tends to be euphoric, bringing positivity and chattiness.

Red Vein tends to be mildly sedating, relaxing, and pleasant.

Red Veins cannot only have a sedative effect but tend to be stronger so most should use a lower dosage. Maeng Da strains have high alkaloid content and should be used with caution by new users.

I hadn't always stuck to the same dose and limited usage. Before CBT therapy I used Kratom throughout the day at larger doses with all sorts of enhanced strains. It has been a minimum of two years since this was the case.

Pm me bro and I’ll send over some of our taffy/gummies. Sound like they would greatly help you with what you’re dealing with. Quite a few people in this thread can vouch for me also.
Looking forward to hearing from you and anyone else on this thread that has pain/trouble sleeping/anxiety etc.’

Kratom won’t show up on a drug test. I got tested several times as a heavy user.
Yes it will if pain management tests for it. Happened to me while they were testing for drugs. they told me it came up positive for kratom. Now my previous
pain management clinic didn't test for it beings I was doing 15g's a day and never heard a word about it after tests. So it depends
on the clinic...

Yes it will if pain management tests for it. Happened to me while they were testing for drugs. they told me it came up positive for kratom. Now my previous
pain management clinic didn't test for it beings I was doing 15g's a day and never heard a word about it after tests. So it depends
on the clinic...
I don’t know about pain management test. That’s not the same as what we are talking about here. Pre-employment don’t test for Kratom.

I don’t know about pain management test. That’s not the same as what we are talking about here. Pre-employment don’t test for Kratom.
yea sorry, I should have clarified. I was talking about pain management test. Most, if not all I think, patients in pain management have to take regular drug test. They want to make sure your not taking too much, other, or selling your meds.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws