over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Creatine while dieting/precontest

Potimus

Registered
I assume nobody uses creatine mono before a contest due to water issues. But what about the advanced creatines that have come out, most importantly kre alkalyn as its what I use. How do you guys feel about using it while dieting for a show? If you do use it while dieting, and stop it before a show, when do you cease its use? Or do most feel its not a problem for you holding extra water?

I assume nobody uses creatine mono before a contest due to water issues. But what about the advanced creatines that have come out, most importantly kre alkalyn as its what I use. How do you guys feel about using it while dieting for a show? If you do use it while dieting, and stop it before a show, when do you cease its use? Or do most feel its not a problem for you holding extra water?

use CEE. you dont hold the excess bloat like other creatines

well

still using monohydrate and still think its the best!! use it off season, pre contest... only cut it out maybe 1 to 2 weex out of show. I dont load, I just keep it consistent!

goo

Creatine

anyone else?

Always. AAS increase CP (creatine phosphate) synthesis, so by supplementing you are providing more raw material for this process to occur. I swear by CEE. Kre-alkalyn is good too.

So back to my question :mad: ahem.... does anyone else cut it before a contest when going natural? Gooey how much are using during contest prep?

So back to my question :mad: ahem.... does anyone else cut it before a contest when going natural? Gooey how much are using during contest prep?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack. :eek:

I my opinion, creatine is for making gains before contest time. From what I know you are not going to gain much while dieting down conetest time. What you have at that point, is what you have.

I my opinion, creatine is for making gains before contest time. From what I know you are not going to gain much while dieting down conetest time. What you have at that point, is what you have.

Im not concerned about making gains. Im concerned about holding water and looking bloated.

Use it while dieting. like Gooey said, just cut it out about 2 weeks before the show.

Kaiser is correct, you can't expect to make any serious gains toward the end of a contest diet and what you end up with is just that......It is what it is!

Creatine can certainly help you through the diet phase though, just drink tons of water with it!!

i agree w gooey use til two wks out then cut it. You have to be the judge if you're losing fat and holding water or vice versa. But it is not for gaining size on a diet it is a precursor for muscular energy similar to how carbs are and it can help your workouts and recovery when your carbs arent too high especially. I also agree that monohydrate is by far the best and definately the most researched with sound studies.

Im not concerned about making gains. Im concerned about holding water and looking bloated.

Then you answered your own question. Why take it prior to contest time if you are worried about it? Get it?

Creatine is supposed to make you hold water INTO the muscles... which is a good thing, especially while dieting when you tend to flatten out, especially if you carbs are low.

I always use it while dieting down. The show I entered last saturday I never cut it... as long as you're drinking enough water, it's all good... creatine won't dehydrate you but on the contrary make you fill out your muscles cells more.

At least my .02. :)

I use CEE or Kre-Alkalyn as I find them both as effective.

Last edited:
i agree w gooey use til two wks out then cut it. You have to be the judge if you're losing fat and holding water or vice versa. But it is not for gaining size on a diet it is a precursor for muscular energy similar to how carbs are and it can help your workouts and recovery when your carbs arent too high especially. I also agree that monohydrate is by far the best and definately the most researched with sound studies.

Agreed.

I still think its the best available. I've got the best gains from Mono, when compared to others.

I use

5 grams am with something to drink post 1st meal. Then I think CEE is in NO explode and also I am currently using vitargo with creatine in it. so maybe 10-15 grams a day every training day which is is 6 days a week now.

goo

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity