over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Didn't work out for 4 days and arms grew 1/4 inch

JohnnyPro

Registered
I went to Texas for 4 days and didn't work out at all, and ate pretty crappy. When I got home I measured my arms and to my surprise they were 1/4 inch bigger than when I left. What would explain that?

I went to Texas for 4 days and didn't work out at all, and ate pretty crappy. When I got home I measured my arms and to my surprise they were 1/4 inch bigger than when I left. What would explain that?

That sounds like the old Arthur Jones trick. Maybe you were overtrained and it finally gave you a chance to recover?

if u normally eat a very clean diet, and then u said u ate crappy, i would have to agree - its BLOAT

Glycogen is tapped out or bloat. Depending on what you were doing ie bulking cutting before you left.

if you tend to overtrain a lot like i do, then your body just got some extra time to recover and rebuild. i can almost bet you that you'll be stronger when you get back to the gym.

It sounds like the recovery/break in your training is what your body wanted to grow. Nice :p

As we all know...The body does not grow in the gym :D

If you know that you train too much/too often, why do you keep on doing it? :confused:

good question, haven't quite figured that out myself yet lol. it's not that i train too often, but that i can't resist going heavy sometimes, eventhough i pay for it later when my CNS gets taxed. everything i do is right on the money according to westside, but i get better results by keeping everything light on my speed days. some days it's just hard to resist when you're feeling strong and know that you have a PR in ya, i'm just hoping that i'll learn to do whats best for the long term goal as i gain more maturity in this sport(powerlifting).

I had a similar experience. I did'nt train for 4 months, and my ass grew 6 inches!!! hypertrophy is easy!!! :D :D :D

good question, haven't quite figured that out myself yet lol. it's not that i train too often, but that i can't resist going heavy sometimes, eventhough i pay for it later when my CNS gets taxed. everything i do is right on the money according to westside, but i get better results by keeping everything light on my speed days. some days it's just hard to resist when you're feeling strong and know that you have a PR in ya, i'm just hoping that i'll learn to do whats best for the long term goal as i gain more maturity in this sport(powerlifting).

I used to try Westside too, max days rock but dynamic days are a pain in the ass cause while doing Westside and get stronger u get easily tempted to go HEAVY

I used to try Westside too, max days rock but dynamic days are a pain in the ass cause while doing Westside and get stronger u get easily tempted to go HEAVY

haha yeah it's a daily struggle on my DE days not to go heavy. they say that your speed work should be light, but all the accessory movements you choose for that day should be done heavy. however, i've learned that i get better results from keeping everything light and high rep on my dynamic effort days, but you're right about being easily tempted to go heavy. i mean after all we are only human, well sort of :cool:

if you tend to overtrain a lot like i do, then your body just got some extra time to recover and rebuild. i can almost bet you that you'll be stronger when you get back to the gym.

Ironfreak, I overtrain too and I know it and do it anyway. I've been training every single day for 3 years now (except when I get sick, which is rarely) and sometimes twice a day. I just can't seem to stay out of the gym. I NEED to go, for stress relief and to maintain my mental health. I guess that might be hard for a lot of people to understand. I know I'd be making better gains if I cut down to 5 days a week. So I'm gonna see if I can do that.

Ironfreak, I overtrain too and I know it and do it anyway. I've been training every single day for 3 years now (except when I get sick, which is rarely) and sometimes twice a day. I just can't seem to stay out of the gym. I NEED to go, for stress relief and to maintain my mental health. I guess that might be hard for a lot of people to understand. I know I'd be making better gains if I cut down to 5 days a week. So I'm gonna see if I can do that.

Arnold you to say there is no such thing as overtraining, just under eating and under sleeping!

In other words, you need good nutrition and proper rest.:cool:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity