over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating less often to slow metabolism?

joeshow5

Banned
I was told today by a friend that I should not be eating small meals all day long to gain size.
His reasoning was that I have a very fast metabolism and eating all the time will make my body want to store less.
He said by eating 3 or 4 large meals my body will put on size easier.
Does this make any sense to anyone here?
I am 6'4" 235pounds at 11-12% bodyfat.
I do use test
I usually eat like a mofo, but results are lacking.

joeshow5 said:
I was told today by a friend that I should not be eating small meals all day long to gain size.
His reasoning was that I have a very fast metabolism and eating all the time will make my body want to store less.
I do use test
If your a hard gainer then you can eat Big Ass Burgers all day long...Once you are able to put on any fat, you can adjust the diet....Better yet if you're in So. Cal, eat as many carne asada burritos or even california burritos as you can...supp. with good pwo shakes but eat up bro...adjust when you put on fat(not bloat)

Last edited:
joeshow5 said:
I do use test
He's correct. You can also train 3 to 4 times a week, that helps

Tyrone said:
If your a hard gainer then you can eat Big Ass Burgers all day long...Once you are able to put on any fat, you can adjust the diet....Better yet if you're in So. Cal, eat as many carne asada burritos or even california burritos as you can...supp. with good pwo shakes but eat up bro...adjust when you put on fat(not bloat)

\
bump on what Tyrone said. can't go wrong with eating a lot of good tasting food and attaining your goals easier at the same time :D

Thanks for all the help!
So I should continue eating all throughout the day, or eat only 3-4 times?
Since eating every couple hours boosts metabolism, would it be beneficial to eat less often for a person whos metabolism is already high?

joeshow5 said:
Thanks for all the help!
So I should continue eating all throughout the day, or eat only 3-4 times?
Since eating every couple hours boosts metabolism, would it be beneficial to eat less often for a person whos metabolism is already high?
I have the same problem, but I can still put on mass without any or minimal fat gain. My body seems to keep the fat at a certain level year round no matter what or how I eat. Try eating 3 times a day for 6months if you can, and then you can see what the difference is.

People with a fast metabolism can suck my balls...If I walk across the street from a McDonalds I put on 10 pounds of fat. Seriously, if you have a fast metabolism and have trouble putting on size your first problem is eating small meals. If you are consistent with your diet and you can't put on weight, eat more. Don't cut out meals, that makes no sense. Eat the same amount of meals just eat bigger meals. You fast metaolism guys sometimes have to force feed to put on weight. How many grams of protein and carbs and fat are you eating in a day? You need lots of carbs to put on size. Protein builds muscles, carbs make them big. Kidney beans and brown rice are great low glycemic carbs that can pick up the carb calories without having to eat much. Also I would try and drink some protein with your meals. Another easy way to get more calories. One thing I would recommend also is get sedentary. Don't do any cardio at all. Take more time inbetween sets.

rotty if thats the case maybe you should try to eat meals more frequently. because the digestion process alone burns a lot of kcals. like 5 or 6 meals /day. if u dont already. then the process never really slows down that much. just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
rotty said:
People with a fast metabolism can suck my balls...If I walk across the street from a McDonalds I put on 10 pounds of fat. Seriously, if you have a fast metabolism and have trouble putting on size your first problem is eating small meals. If you are consistent with your diet and you can't put on weight, eat more. Don't cut out meals, that makes no sense. Eat the same amount of meals just eat bigger meals. You fast metaolism guys sometimes have to force feed to put on weight. How many grams of protein and carbs and fat are you eating in a day? You need lots of carbs to put on size. Protein builds muscles, carbs make them big. Kidney beans and brown rice are great low glycemic carbs that can pick up the carb calories without having to eat much. Also I would try and drink some protein with your meals. Another easy way to get more calories. One thing I would recommend also is get sedentary. Don't do any cardio at all. Take more time inbetween sets.
IMO forcefeeding myself would be the last thing I'd want to do. I do zero cardio. What's the more time between the sets gonna do for me, I'm just gonna end up spending more time in the gym. I sit 12hrs a day in a cubicle and I burn off calories like a furnace.

Last edited:
Agree, eat as much as you want, but keep an eye at the body fat.

Hey bro I feel for ya. I'm 6'4 and 220 right now. I've been as high as 250 and let me tell you what makes a huge difference:

Carbs
Sleep
Eating 3 big meals a day

When I say eat 3 big meals a day I mean say your required calories for growth are 4k. You need to get all those calories in 3 meals instead of 6. These three things alone will vault you into new growth territory. Just make sure they are clean carbs like oatmeal, rice, beans, etc. Start getting 10 hours of sleep a night instead 8 which you probably don't get anyways. That will also help tremendously.

BitsOBrawn said:
Hey bro I feel for ya. I'm 6'4 and 220 right now. I've been as high as 250 and let me tell you what makes a huge difference:

Carbs
Sleep
Eating 3 big meals a day

When I say eat 3 big meals a day I mean say your required calories for growth are 4k. You need to get all those calories in 3 meals instead of 6. These three things alone will vault you into new growth territory. Just make sure they are clean carbs like oatmeal, rice, beans, etc. Start getting 10 hours of sleep a night instead 8 which you probably don't get anyways. That will also help tremendously.
He didn't say what his required cals were but it doesnt sound like he knows. What he said was rather than eating 6 small meals eat 3 big. What is he taking in for those 6 meals. he might not be taking in enough cals in those meals or taking in too much protein and not enough carbs. A lot of people are under the assumption that protein is the key to growth and load up 400g and don't eat enough carbs. If he's eating 400g protein and only 150g of carbs he's not eating enough regardless of how many meals he's eating. I was joking about the metabolism thing because it's hard for me to get lean when in comparison some people can eat what they want and stay lean year round.

o.k.

the only thing that i am aware of that will increase your metabolism is exersize... lets think about it, if you take a person that does no exersize at all other than daily functions and give him his caloric matience of lets say 2,000 calories in 6 meals rather than 3 what is it gonna do for him as far as increasing metabolism? notthing... some might argue the fact that digestion burns carlories, and it does, but nothing your gonna see a difference from... you would probably burn the same amount from laughing your ass off at a few jokes at work!

the only reason why 3 big meals a day would make a person gain weight is insulin response from a large amount of carbs being consumed at one time, this in my book would not be the best way to go, plus your blood sugar is all over the place and you are tired and lethargic most of the time.....

what will increase your metabolism is exersize, weight training or cardio can do this.... now if you have a fast metabolism and your trying to gain lbm it can be tuff, but not a bad thing in most cases if you look at it the right way... increased metabolism= increased protein synth.(in most cases) thats a good thing, that means mnore of the protein you consume can be used for building muscle!

now the way i see it if you have a fast metabolism you need to consume more calories, so the trick is finding nutrient dense foods that will not slow digestion too much and bloat you too bad.... the trick that i found to work very well is oil.... I use coconut oil, mac. nut oil, and olive oil to make up for caloreis i need to grow... its easy, take 2 tbsp of oil with every meal through out the day, in most of these there is 12-14 grams of fat (good fat) per tbsp roughly 120 cal, so by adding 2 tbsp per meal you are getting an additional 240 calories per meal and with 6 meals a day thats 1,440 calories extra from taking 2 little tbsp's of oil with each meal... now make sure your protein and carbs are correct and enuf to grow and this is pretty much fool proof...

make sure to take some good digestive enzymes as this have extra demands on your stomach and to create its own, hope this helps.. good luck

I put my oils in a soda can and sip on it all day long, yum yum.

Damn, this thread turned out good!
I will definatley do the olive oil thing! I have a good multi that has digestive enzymes in it, and allso a bottle of just digestive enzymes (papaya, bromelain..ect)
I really appreciate the help guys!!!!!!!!

I use olive oil in most of my meals and also fish oils are great as well

I learned from one of the largest men I've ever met in my life that if you want to gain weight, eat 3 large meals a day. It slows down the metabolism. Use some digestive enzymes before each meal not after. Don't run if you can walk, don't walk if you can ride, don't stand if you can sit, and don't sit if you can lay down.

PB

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity