over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Expirences with shitloading vs. traditional carb loading

eroc613

Kilo Klub Member
I was wondering if so of you guys have tried both. And in your expirence which one worked better for you.

I was wondering if so of you guys have tried both. And in your expirence which one worked better for you.

Well, I prefer carb loading.

Shitloading...:eek: :eek:

What you put in is what you get out right? Why eat shit? :confused:

My 2 cents

Well, I prefer carb loading.

Shitloading...:eek: :eek:

What you put in is what you get out right? Why eat shit? :confused:

My 2 cents

I meant, guys that have done both. And shit loading makes sense if you know the protcol. I know I've looked way better the day after a show, after eating nothing but shit.

I just want guys that have expirenced both.

ive done both, and for me, i prefer a shitload, because its more predictable to me, as long as you know whether to put water back in or not you will be fine with a shitload. I have done traditional carb load and it worked but i can guage a shitload better than i can a traditional load. and for those that think a shitload is stupid you obviously have never seen any of skip from IM's guys :eek: he had modified things a lot here in the last few years but i still learned what i know from skip over at Intensemuscle.

ive done both, and for me, i prefer a shitload, because its more predictable to me, as long as you know whether to put water back in or not you will be fine with a shitload. I have done traditional carb load and it worked but i can guage a shitload better than i can a traditional load. and for those that think a shitload is stupid you obviously have never seen any of skip from IM's guys :eek: he had modified things a lot here in the last few years but i still learned what i know from skip over at Intensemuscle.

thats a good answer,makes me really think. Ive done the boat load method for yrs on athletes i work with and myself.

Why exactly do you feel it is easier to time than a traditional load? The traditional load is done over a few days time and allows for the process to be done more slowly and gives more time to guage what is going on. If im not mistaken, a shitload is all in one shot. Hit it or miss it. How do you feel you are able to control it? There are no issues with TOO much sodium, sugars, fats? Nothing bloating you? No bad reaction from foods you havent had all diet? If you take in 5k mg of sodium, where does it all go? You only need so much for glycogen storage and enhanced blood pressure. The excess doesnt attract water?

Maybe a short outlined version of what you like to do, and why you do it, would help this debate be expedited and made more understandable...but that is your decision...

Ive posted my shitloading protocols here. You can look it up for a reference. I personally react favorable to them. I guess they are not for everyone.

You?

Ive posted my shitloading protocols here. You can look it up for a reference. I personally react favorable to them. I guess they are not for everyone.

Your protocol? What show did you win? Where are your pictures so I can see how you looked 1 week out and at the show.

Ok

I saw your pics from last and 2 years ago. I think you were just as lean 3-4 weeks out from your show.....you lost muscle mass for those shows.....a lot. At this point of that much muscle loss, I can see gorging yourself to fill out a bit more could work. The next step is not to lose so much muscle and fill out the right way.

I've done both ways myself. The shitloading method I did was the traditional one I think, carb deplete for a couple days, then start raising carbs up to 350 on Wed, 400 Thurs, back down to 250-300 on Fri as a fail safe day, and then Sat morning start laoding myself with junk food. Personally I feel like there are far too many variables here, I think it's garbage!! For one, the protocal says "keep eating junk, dont worry your muscles will suck up everything and you''ll look great!!" Well, good luck making it work with no water in your muscle, carbs need water to work right. Also, I feel like the worst thing somebody can do is fuck with their sodium last minute. Saturday morning is too late IMO. You see these guys back stage eating skittles and pop tarts and shit, I think they're over exaggerating it sometimes and many are using it as an excuse to eat shit. Anyways, I know some are going to disagree with me on this, actually most probably. But here is what I've found works best for me. Get off the harsh diet on Tues or Wed, and start eating again. Dont eat junk, if your hungry eat, but eat healthy. Your body is smarter than you, there is nothing I've found that "tricks it" at the last second, too late IMO. This time around I'm just going back to eating moderately, throw in some fruit the last day or two, maybe eat a small pizza Fri night, and hopefully be shredded Sat morning. I'm listening to my body this time, for once in my life!! Everything I used to do, or what is the general consensus just did not work for me. I finally quit being a dumbass and started listening to my body. I owe Phil a big thank you, I read his post about eating when your hungry and not getting so obsessed about it and what do you know, I'm fucking 20 lbs more massive with just as much definition and waist size as 20 lbs lighter last fall!!!

I saw your pics from last and 2 years ago. I think you were just as lean 3-4 weeks out from your show.....you lost muscle mass for those shows.....a lot. At this point of that much muscle loss, I can see gorging yourself to fill out a bit more could work. The next step is not to lose so much muscle and fill out the right way.

2-3 years ago, i over dieted and didnt follow my instincts. I never shitloaded back then. 1 year ago, 2007, I didnt lose any tissue, no cardio and shitloaded and was dry and looked better than a week out. Here is a pic of me in 2007 when I shitloaded instead of "traditional carb load." I placed 2nd at the first show when I "coasted in" and kept water and carbs in (no dehydration) and 1st place when I did the SL. http://www.jimwallingford.com/gallery/4514603_j6Jx6#266433041_C7HoE Here is another link to a show I shitloaded and felt pretty good with the results MINUS the dyo-derm and jantana!!! Looked liked I played in mud!!! http://www.jimwallingford.com/gallery/4600962_WX3xW#271655853_qdStm I know Im nothin special, im just sharing my experience. I love this board and the people I look up to.

Last edited:
I have said time and time again that if you are using a protocol that works for you and you are showing up on stage full, hard and dry, don't change anything you are doing. If you are not, shitloading or Skiploading as it is referred to since I have basically upgraded and tweaked it over the years is something to consider.

I have to laugh sometimes because it seems the biggest critics of my unorthodox loading protocols, theories and ideology are guys that can't seem to dial it in, anyway. They ask about getting sodium right, carbs, talk about "spilling", etc., but only peak once every 5 times they are on stage.

Skiploading is incredibly predictable when you know what you are doing. Obviously, I do. It is not complicated, it isn't about fucking around with sodium, water and I don't use diuretics. I think I used them twice for something like 47 competitors in 07. It is very, very rare. The shitload was upgraded or overhauled because it presented two problems on OCCASION and I wanted to get rid of those two issues and I did. One was that some people can't load hard and fast because some are prone to abdominal distention more than others. The other issue was that if you were a heavy or superheavy and you were REALLY depleted, you weren't going to fill out as much as you would need to in such a small amount of time. Now, when you load you aren't supposed to be dramatically depleted but when you say the word "deplete" to a bodybuilder you find that most are going to run themselves into the ground and end up flat as shit. I solved these issues and in 07 proved consistently throughout the year that it worked time and time again. There were no train wrecks, spillage issues, bloating, etc., NONE. I even walked the walk and proved it by topping my all time best condition in December, as well.

As I said earlier, if you have a protocol that works and you show up on stage consistently full, hard and dry, don't change a thing. However, most guys don't get it right and even when they get it right once, they can rarely duplicate it.

Skip

Skip, chime in more often man. Your words are golden. I think ive dug up everything I could on what you and zilla have said about contest prep and absorbed it like sponge and of course tweaked things to fit my needs. Awesome knowledge you possess my friend.

I have said time and time again that if you are using a protocol that works for you and you are showing up on stage full, hard and dry, don't change anything you are doing. If you are not, shitloading or Skiploading as it is referred to since I have basically upgraded and tweaked it over the years is something to consider.

I have to laugh sometimes because it seems the biggest critics of my unorthodox loading protocols, theories and ideology are guys that can't seem to dial it in, anyway. They ask about getting sodium right, carbs, talk about "spilling", etc., but only peak once every 5 times they are on stage.

Skiploading is incredibly predictable when you know what you are doing. Obviously, I do. It is not complicated, it isn't about fucking around with sodium, water and I don't use diuretics. I think I used them twice for something like 47 competitors in 07. It is very, very rare. The shitload was upgraded or overhauled because it presented two problems on OCCASION and I wanted to get rid of those two issues and I did. One was that some people can't load hard and fast because some are prone to abdominal distention more than others. The other issue was that if you were a heavy or superheavy and you were REALLY depleted, you weren't going to fill out as much as you would need to in such a small amount of time. Now, when you load you aren't supposed to be dramatically depleted but when you say the word "deplete" to a bodybuilder you find that most are going to run themselves into the ground and end up flat as shit. I solved these issues and in 07 proved consistently throughout the year that it worked time and time again. There were no train wrecks, spillage issues, bloating, etc., NONE. I even walked the walk and proved it by topping my all time best condition in December, as well.

As I said earlier, if you have a protocol that works and you show up on stage consistently full, hard and dry, don't change a thing. However, most guys don't get it right and even when they get it right once, they can rarely duplicate it.

Skip

This is really good advice. I have to be honest. I HAVE hit it with shitloading, just the day AFTER the show. Diuretics wore off and i started eating like crazy and drinking. My problem is, my system doesnt handle it well. My stomach bloats and i have to go to the bathroom every 15min. I also water over like an hour after i stop eating. If i continue to eat i hold condition, soon as i stop...goes to shit (dunno why). Dont think the shitload agrees with me, or maybe i really need to lighten it up and spread it out instead of cramming it in so quickly. Dunno.....but this time around, im taking a VERY safe approach.

Of most of the people i have talked to and seen in PHENOMINAL condition the day of the show....oddly enough they said..."i really didnt do much of anything". Add a little more carbs than usual for 3 days, not too much, drink normal water, cut it at some point, lower sodium the day before, maybe add some back in a little the day of the show. SIMPLE. I am going to be ready 4 weeks out and try this every weekend (as its not a drastic change and shouldnt really effect my prep). I had someone say "do you remember what you did in these pictures you sent me"? I said yes absolutely. He said "good, do that!". So for me, cutting carbs out early and adding in all protein/vegetables helps me lose water and makes me much drier upon waking in the AM. Im going to test this out for myself until i NAIL it best i can. If its not acceptable to me, i am def paying to have this done right, as im not chancing anything by playing with it myself anymore. I work too hard to lose it last minute again and again.

never had a good experience with either. I know for the future I will just keep everything the same all the way through.

This is really good advice. I have to be honest. I HAVE hit it with shitloading, just the day AFTER the show. Diuretics wore off and i started eating like crazy and drinking. My problem is, my system doesnt handle it well. My stomach bloats and i have to go to the bathroom every 15min. I also water over like an hour after i stop eating. If i continue to eat i hold condition, soon as i stop...goes to shit (dunno why). Dont think the shitload agrees with me, or maybe i really need to lighten it up and spread it out instead of cramming it in so quickly. Dunno.....but this time around, im taking a VERY safe approach.

Of most of the people i have talked to and seen in PHENOMINAL condition the day of the show....oddly enough they said..."i really didnt do much of anything". Add a little more carbs than usual for 3 days, not too much, drink normal water, cut it at some point, lower sodium the day before, maybe add some back in a little the day of the show. SIMPLE. I am going to be ready 4 weeks out and try this every weekend (as its not a drastic change and shouldnt really effect my prep). I had someone say "do you remember what you did in these pictures you sent me"? I said yes absolutely. He said "good, do that!". So for me, cutting carbs out early and adding in all protein/vegetables helps me lose water and makes me much drier upon waking in the AM. Im going to test this out for myself until i NAIL it best i can. If its not acceptable to me, i am def paying to have this done right, as im not chancing anything by playing with it myself anymore. I work too hard to lose it last minute again and again.

But remember, you are assuming that the load is the same as it was when you did it. : ) The timing is completely different and allows for alot of the issues that you stated above. With Skiploading you don't load a thing the day of the show 95% of the time. I think you shitloaded over 4 years ago, right? The protocol is so different now that you wouldn't even recognize it.

Skip

Skip, chime in more often man. Your words are golden. I think ive dug up everything I could on what you and zilla have said about contest prep and absorbed it like sponge and of course tweaked things to fit my needs. Awesome knowledge you possess my friend.

Thank you. I just find it hard to get away from IM as I am so busy these days. I still lurk over here quite a bit but just noticed I haven't posted since September. Some people complain when I post about SkipLoading because I don't spoon feed it to them and lay it all out for everyone to see. Seems when I post on things like this I catch some shit so I kind of backed off on posting as much. I am busy enough these days that if people aren't interested in what I am posting I have other things to do.

Skip

Oh man, skips got me scratchin my head? Back in the day, it seemed like you would make yourself an "empty/blank canvas" per se, and then add in the necessities to fillout, dry out etc... and this was done either 24 hours before, or 12 hours before or the morning of depending on the persons size, body type, condition etc... I know I do it very cautious and slow. I make sure im dry dry, and a little full rather than pushing fullness to the max!

But remember, you are assuming that the load is the same as it was when you did it. : ) The timing is completely different and allows for alot of the issues that you stated above. With Skiploading you don't load a thing the day of the show 95% of the time. I think you shitloaded over 4 years ago, right? The protocol is so different now that you wouldn't even recognize it.

Skip

As i said, if i dont like how i look with the "safe load" i am planning to practice, i will be paying for the plan that i need ;)

Thank you. I just find it hard to get away from IM as I am so busy these days. I still lurk over here quite a bit but just noticed I haven't posted since September. Some people complain when I post about SkipLoading because I don't spoon feed it to them and lay it all out for everyone to see. Seems when I post on things like this I catch some shit so I kind of backed off on posting as much. I am busy enough these days that if people aren't interested in what I am posting I have other things to do.

Skip

Something i learned. Computer techs dont fix your computer for free. Shrinks dont listen to your bs and try to help you for free, why would you give away your prep for free? I stopped bitchin about people keepin shit to themselves a long time ago haha. I figure most of this sport is figuring out what works for you anyway....your jobs gota be tough haha...you not only know what works for you...you gotta figure out what works for each individual person as well haha.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws