over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Favorite training tools

heavyhitter

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Elvia’s thread the other day about favorite exercises per bodypart got me thinking. I’m a tinkerer by nature. And a full blown gear queer. I love new and interesting tools that can help me train things in better or more efficient ways. I have a gym bag and garage full of little different attachments and things. The three items listed below are my favorites in order. The first are the angles90 grip. I saw Paul carter using these and a lightbulb went off. They can be attached to any machine or bar and allow you to use a neutral grip. My favorite movements with it are rack chins, barbell and t-bar rows, cable pulldowns, hammer strength pulldowns, and honestly a ton of other things. Using these on back movements where I can has 99 percent healed my lateral epicondylitis.
Next up....the spud inc towel strap. This thing is insanely versatile and I use it all the time. My favorites are cable push downs, cable curls, band and chain tricep extensions, cable upright rows, face pulls, pulldowns and about a billion other things.
Last one. The elitefts training grenade. This thing is hands down my favorite way of all time to train forearms and I do all kinds of curls with it. It’s also my absolute favorite way to do overhead tricep extensions and really lets you hammer them in a unique way that isn’t hard on the wrists.
The next item I really want to get is a gym pin. They allow you to pin additional plates onto a selector stack exercise to continue with progressive overload.
So show me some of your favorites!!!

Attachments

• CB379225-53C7-4781-86CA-B093A2FFEABC.jpeg
    CB379225-53C7-4781-86CA-B093A2FFEABC.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 08BD50BC-8DDD-436D-8DF3-79E82C080DF5.png
    08BD50BC-8DDD-436D-8DF3-79E82C080DF5.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 19
  • B885B6B4-9B69-4A9F-8C09-9D18FD70E90F.png
    B885B6B4-9B69-4A9F-8C09-9D18FD70E90F.png
    214.1 KB · Views: 20
A "gear queer" LMAO. Good one!

I keep it simple and highly value my straps. Don't understand BB'ers still training back without them.

But a lot of those special handles and stuff do look useful.

A "gear queer" LMAO. Good one!

I keep it simple and highly value my straps. Don't understand BB'ers still training back without them.

But a lot of those special handles and stuff do look useful.
I hear you on that. I have a set of leather rogue fitness straps that I use for pulldowns and lighter rows, and a super thick set of elitefts yellow jackets that I use for rack dead’s, shrugs, farmers walks, and other really heavy work.

1*zJRzhUr7is4ehFQjgm2mgQ.jpeg

H073fa7addaa64737afafd927d4195d66Z.jpg

Ha4c01056761f42feb8ce9f8b0864402c8.jpg

And this is the best buy ever for my home gym, you have so many possibilities with this, and you know that it will never break. You can use this on your cable machine or with free weights to do chest, shoulder, bicep, and tricep exercises.

Hb453264507d346b48de40963f130dbe2L.jpg

Hb0193bd9f141457db3cd67beb55cffbfI.jpg

I love fat grips. I personally prefer the grip4rce grips as the opening is very large which requires you to actually squeeze them shut while curling. I get tons of forearm activation and I can feel my biceps firing harder. And as a side bonus....for some reason curling with them doesn’t aggravate my tennis elbow

Thanks for the tip on the angles90 handles Heavyhitter, after reading your thoughts on them I just bought a cheaper version off ebay called most grip, I´m really looking forward to training back with them, my gym only has one set of handles that I like to use for pushdowns, cable curls and cable laterals and it looks like I won´t have to look for them or wait to use them once these handles arrive.

Thanks for the tip on the angles90 handles Heavyhitter, after reading your thoughts on them I just bought a cheaper version off ebay called most grip, I´m really looking forward to training back with them, my gym only has one set of handles that I like to use for pushdowns, cable curls and cable laterals and it looks like I won´t have to look for them or wait to use them once these handles arrive.
I’ve seen those since buying mine and they look exactly the same. You won’t regret buying them. They’re amazing on any hammer strength machine, but tou have to put the seat all the way down if you’re tall at all. I use them for cable chest work also and close grip cable push downs

I love fat grips. I personally prefer the grip4rce grips as the opening is very large which requires you to actually squeeze them shut while curling. I get tons of forearm activation and I can feel my biceps firing harder. And as a side bonus....for some reason curling with them doesn’t aggravate my tennis elbow

You know, it's also great to use these fat gripz to protect your forearms in zercher squats, or to put them on the bar when you are going to do nordic fails and thus reduce pain of the contact with the bar.

My favorites:
  • Gym Pin
    • The best way to keep adding weight to machines you've maxed out, plate loaded or selectorized - the way to keep the gains coming
  • Slingshot
    • I use it on my heaviest sets of bench and military press every week and have no shoulder / elbow / etc. issues, and I'm a heavy presser
  • Versa Gripps
    • Better grip than straps, helped me take my back up another level
  • Villain wrist wraps
    • I use these when I'm pushing my heaviest weights in offseason or deep in a diet - keeps the wrist tight for a little extra power
  • Titan knee wraps
    • I use these on my heaviest sets of squats and leg press every week

I don't use anything Fancy but I do take bands to the gym with me to warm up the rotator cuffs before training. One thing I learned in pt is most neglect the small shoulder muscles and press too much which leads to shoulder problems. I use the box to jump up on at the gym as well for hiit, always try to get some sort of "athletic" style training in along with bodybuilding stuff.

Below is another of my favorite training tools that I picked up from Dick's Sporting Goods at least 4-5 years ago - a high quality leather ankle strap. I just checked their website and it doesn't look like they carry it any more.

I like standing single leg curls machines, but if I'm at a gym without one I hook up to a cable-pulley with this strap. Most gyms have ankle straps available but they're usually just fabric / nylon / Velcro and will tear off your ankle if you use any serious amount of weight. This one stays put no matter how heavy you go. I also use it to do glute kickbacks with a cable-pulley if there's no glute machine - just place it so the strap is wrapped under your toes and you're good.

anklestrap050221.jpg

I don't use anything Fancy but I do take bands to the gym with me to warm up the rotator cuffs before training. One thing I learned in pt is most neglect the small shoulder muscles and press too much which leads to shoulder problems. I use the box to jump up on at the gym as well for hiit, always try to get some sort of "athletic" style training in along with bodybuilding stuff.
I have 6 sets of different tension bands that I bring to the gym with me every day and add to different exercises

Bands are great, were invented for powerlifting workouts, but you can add them to hypertrophy workouts and go more than failure without the help of an assistant.

Those gym pins are cool but I worry about how much extra weight a stack can take before the cable snaps.

In my gym bag every day I take:

My dipping belt which I bought from strengthshop.com. It’s fabric and super comfortable, and can also apparently hold up to 180k. Can’t imagine I’ll ever do a pull up or a dip with an extra 180k attached but you never know.

13mm lifting belt for obvious reasons.

Angles90 Grips which, as everyone already mentioned, can be used for about a million things and feel really comfortable in your hand. Love them for pulling movements on machines, especially.

Versa Gripps which I really don’t understand how they can work so well but they do. I’d written them off until I saw a video of Justin Harris using them and that guy’s hardly a pussy so I figured if they work for him they will for me. Grip has never come close to failing ever since I started using them. Great little things and totally worth the money.

Notebook and pen for some old school workout logging action.

Light band that I use to warm up my shoulders before upper body days.

Lacrosse ball if I need to loosen up something tight. Usually my shoulders, occasionally piriformis.

Ima gear queer too..
And my favorite is the full boar slingshot I have 4 lol.

Attachments

• A-FULLBOARSLINGSHOT.jpg
    A-FULLBOARSLINGSHOT.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 2
Danieltx, you and I love the same stuff.

Gym Pin is a life saver for machine you max out on.
I basically have wrist wraps, versagrips, a slingshot, lots of bands, straps for my wrists (cuffed side laterals) then the random elbow and knee sleeves. I also keep some capsasine and some qua long oil (spelling?). One was a recommendation from Ben Pollack and the other was from Dr. Scott. Both of those have saved my elbows and shoulders. Good linament type substances that i use for tendonitis whenever it acts up.

Danieltx, you and I love the same stuff.

Gym Pin is a life saver for machine you max out on.
I basically have wrist wraps, versagrips, a slingshot, lots of bands, straps for my wrists (cuffed side laterals) then the random elbow and knee sleeves. I also keep some capsasine and some qua long oil (spelling?). One was a recommendation from Ben Pollack and the other was from Dr. Scott. Both of those have saved my elbows and shoulders. Good linament type substances that i use for tendonitis whenever it acts up.
Here’s everything I carry in my gym bag. sTrong wrist wraps, elbow cuffs, knee sleeves, elbow sleeves, knee wraps, oly shoes, 6 different weight bands, meadows row handle, angles 90, elitefts grenade and towel strap, sombra warming cream, wrist straps, at home I bring with me on certain days tsunami pulldown bar, pronated, neutral, and wide grip mag grip attachments, logbook, elitefts straps for attaching bands and chains, and probably a few other things I’m forgetting

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131