over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For all of you that use the genetics excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
From his first show to 9 years later is a dramatic difference cause that man grinded for 9 long hard years to get his body to make the most of his genetic potential.

Hey I have genetics between my waist and above the thighs. They all say I'm black between that area Lmfao. True story

The old pic of the white dude? Those are REGULAR WHITE GUY GENES. lol
That is literally every 19-23 year old in a frat right now.
I'm allll work ethic so i love posts like that—although i dont consider those terrrrible at all.
I give him props for putting his head down and working his ass off for 10 years.

The problem is that we constantly talk about genetics and hard work as being either/or. It's NEVER that simple.

The old pic of the white dude? Those are REGULAR WHITE GUY GENES. lol
That is literally every 19-23 year old in a frat right now.
I'm allll work ethic so i love posts like that—although i dont consider those terrrrible at all.
I give him props for putting his head down and working his ass off for 10 years.

The problem is that we constantly talk about genetics and hard work as being either/or. It's NEVER that simple.

Exactly, many factors come into place to make you a champion. All the stars got to be align, so to speak. Mindset also has to come to play.

I remember seeing a photo of 1983 mr olympia samir bannout...he looked like a geek before he started training and using AAS...

Mindset, discipline , work ethic all matter ... but so does genetics. If u 6'6 with long limbs and thin bones it's way harder.

Some dudes are born with perfect frames and look good before they even touch a weight.

It all matter.....training, food, diet, work ethic and discipline...but if you are born with good genetics you are way ahead of the game.

I went to prison at 24 yr old, 6'2" 130lbs. Over ate as much as possible and worked out as much as possible. Came out at 27 180lbs definitely over 15% body fat maybe 20. At 32 I'm consistently 205 under 10%.
Hardest part for me is adding the weight. I can get lean with ease and honestly on accident if I'm not staying on my own ass about eating more.
Genetics is a double edged sword for me in that regard. I was an abnormally skinny rail that had to struggle struggle struggle to grow but once I have the muscle it looks that much better being on tall lean frame

I went to prison at 24 yr old, 6'2" 130lbs. Over ate as much as possible and worked out as much as possible. Came out at 27 180lbs definitely over 15% body fat maybe 20. At 32 I'm consistently 205 under 10%.
Hardest part for me is adding the weight. I can get lean with ease and honestly on accident if I'm not staying on my own ass about eating more.
Genetics is a double edged sword for me in that regard. I was an abnormally skinny rail that had to struggle struggle struggle to grow but once I have the muscle it looks that much better being on tall lean frame

Damn 6'2 130lbs....that's like health problem malnourished third world skinny!

Damn 6'2 130lbs....that's like health problem malnourished third world skinny!
Yessir. I was a real bad drug addict. Department of corrections just said it was my fault which was true.
I had pushed up to 163 on a previous bid so part of the fifty pounds I gained in those years was memory.

If some one is born with more muscle, fibers, better joints and attachment points. Can eat and assimilate food better etc. I would say they have better genetics. And can probably accomplish at least as much with moderate effort. Then a more average person who busts ass and does things correct. I don't think a person genetic ability can really be judged until after they have trained for a while and see how they respond. When i look at Flex Wheeler childhood pics i wouldn't say he had great genetics. But we know how he looked later. And he wasn't known for his strict dieting and consistent brutally hard workouts. But his genetics definitely helped. And those with less could surpass him but it seems they had to work harder. But they were probably not the average guy either. But opinions will differ.

O BOY, this discussion always ends up like this. It doesn't matter who in bloody hell I posted a pic of, if they look good then it's "GENETICS"...LMFAO..

People honestly don't know what they are capable of doing physique wise, if someone told me 20 yrs ago that Shelby Starnes would be a professional bodybuilder I would have smacked them in the face and called the nut house to come and get them.
Put in years of painstaking, brutal work and commitment and there isn't a person on this entire board that couldn't turn heads with their physique. Not just hard work but intelligent programming and laser focus attention to detail, the problem is no one wants to do that day in and day out for multiple years, they want a somewhat normal life, but extraordinary people don't have normal lives, Tiger woods didn't have a normal childhood, Michael Jackson didn't either, they were drowned in their crafts, consumed by it. Anyone give that type of time and effort to building their physique (not to that extreme) and you too would be saying FUCK GENETICS after several painstaking years.

End of rant 😜

On the left, he has not bad body width, arms of normal length, muscles are slightly visible. And it is noticeable by his weight that he has some muscles at the start. I don't see very bad genetics here.
What about the first or even second picture says above average genetics?
People fallback on genetics as an excuse. How many people who say genetics this, drugs that have actually even went for a whole 6months not missing a meal or a training session?Treating it like a second job? Let alone a year, 2 years, 5 years. Until you do that you have no idea the potential of your genetics. If people truly want to do something they will find the time and they will make it happen. Maybe it’s not that you or others have subpar or average genetics maybe it’s that you have a subpar workethic or drive.
I’m not saying everybody can end pro or making a career out of it but I think anybody can look damn good and get pretty big

You can't out work genetics and drugs!!!

2005 ... other then those arms, i dont see any potential of shaun being a future 212 Mr olympia.....but .......

shaun.JPG

There was a 5'9'' player who could dunk in NBA

The only difference, he didn't have your mindset
You are delusional. Maybe genetics gave him a better touch, or a higher vertical. If you think mindset can overcome everything you are way off. I know all about mindset. I was too small to play college football. I played D1 my friend. I can work as hard as possible, smart as possible, believe it all I want, I'm not two handed dunking a basketball. Yep, it was my mindset..........haha

According to GENETICS, all basketball players should be tall to play well, yet Mugsey Bogues, Spud Webb, and Earl Boykins all proved that wrong.
Here, I'll educate you a little bit about basketball, there's more to genetics in basketball than height...........you are being very narrow minded. If genetic height was all it took explain tall, uncoordinated people not being athletic enough to play basketball. Because they didn't work hard enough? Yes, genetically gifted not putting in the effort occurs but thinking that hard work can always overcome genetics is so far incorrect I don't even feel I should have to point that out.

I'm not saying that genetics don't matter, they most certainly do, but 70% of gym rats cry about genetics cause they are not willing to do what needs to be done day in and day out for YEARS to get THEIR body to show...THE BEST OF ITS GENETIC POTENTIAL!
THIS I agree with, hard work to reach your genetic potential is essential, to state hard work can overcome genetics to become whatever you desire and some posters above seem to believe is just plain silly.

I remember seeing a photo of 1983 mr olympia samir bannout...he looked like a geek before he started training and using AAS...

^^^i assume you were going to say "greek god" in your post

..was it this one?

bannout-young.jpg

..probably not ..looks like he had already started training in this pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch