over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

For all of you that use the genetics excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genetics does affect your mentality and approach to life but even a mindset or perspective is not set in stone. People break genetically programmed negative mentality all the time. These are the same people who fight through bad physical genetics to achieve success in whatever physical endevor they are pursuing

THIS I agree with, hard work to reach your genetic potential is essential, to state hard work can overcome genetics to become whatever you desire and some posters above seem to believe is just plain silly.
You are one of those guys who calls other narrow minded, but can't even comprehend what we are saying. Genetics will only take you so far. You have to have good work ethics and a mindset, No amount of genetics will take you anywhere without these. Do yourself a favor and read again, because you are just not getting it.

and DRUGS right? or is it JUST dilligence?
Both is my guess...
real question
-F

Look when he started. Many things went into building this champion physique and not just genetics. Looking at these 2 other pictures and if didn't know him, I would never guess he could look like that in the middle. Click the picture to see it all.

Attachments

• Kevin-Levrone-696x464-696x464.jpg
    Kevin-Levrone-696x464-696x464.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I believe genetics are the way you respond individually to diet , training , etc. People who get to focused with genetics, theey never change anything. Look at all of the pros and their protocols. All very unique and out side of the box. They found what works for them and what they respond to. They didn't read science blogs on the "Best Style of Training". Branch Warren is a perfect example

Damn 6'2 130lbs....that's like health problem malnourished third world skinny!
Hey man! As a freshman in high school I was 6 foot tall and weighed about 135 lbs. I was a beanpole. Why I started hitting the weights.

Hey man! As a freshman in high school I was 6 foot tall and weighed about 135 lbs. I was a beanpole. Why I started hitting the weights.

Same! I was 6’1 and remember that cutting to 135 for wrestling wasn’t out of the realm of possibility. But that was at 14 years old not 24 years old!

I was definitely skinny but I wasn’t a runt I actually look muscular in my old high school pics, I just wasn’t nearly as wide as I am now. Sitting at 245lbs now, about 10 more lbs than I would like but not fat by any means....weird, 100lb+ difference same height.

Genetics rule everything. Everything. Including how you’re even responding to this post. To disagree is to display a fundamental misunderstanding of biology.
You’re just wrong man but I don’t blame you for misunderstanding because Bboy (and people in society in general) has framed this entire conversation as a dichotomy of “genetics” vs work ethic. Literally everything comes down to genetics, even work ethic. If you can wrap your head around THAT then you can see these types of conversations for what they are (silliness).

Exactly right. I'm a firm believer in genetics, especially in the cognitive realm. I said the exact same on another forum the other day. To me it's a simple concept and logical but people resist it and the reason they resist it is also simple. But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

Genetic dictates the end result and ease of reaching that limit when everything else is done 100%

As in many other fields, the hardworker can defeat the gifted fainéant..

It’s completely unverifiable but I promise you if you studied Spud Webb’s tendons and muscle fibers and ligaments you would find a significant difference compared to Dens ;)

Genetics rule everything. Everything. Including how you’re even responding to this post. To disagree is to display a fundamental misunderstanding of biology.

Genetics don't mean shit. Life is all about the mind, mind over matter. Everything is an illusion...

All the technology around you was done by people who were laughed at for being not logical. That's .0001%

You're probably think I'm crazy? Well that's quantum physics for you

Genetics don't mean shit. Life is all about the mind, mind over matter. Everything is an illusion...

All the technology around you was done by people who were laughed at for being not logical. That's .0001%

Actually that's a common misunderstanding of quantum physics, in no small part to charlatans like Deepak Chopra and others who sell books like "The Secret".

This isn't really directed at you per se, but Chopra makes money selling "woo" masquerading as science and it gets my nerve. 🙃

You are one of those guys who calls other narrow minded, but can't even comprehend what we are saying. Genetics will only take you so far. You have to have good work ethics and a mindset, No amount of genetics will take you anywhere without these. Do yourself a favor and read again, because you are just not getting it.
That's pretty much what I said in my prior post........My others were directed mainly at those who think mindset and work are the only difference between people. Such as mindset is why Bogues was in the NBA and I wasn't.

genetics do play a huge factor, but work ethic plays even more so. My views from my life history....

I was an All-conference D2 fullback in college. I wasn’t even a starter until my junior year of highschool. I was chunky and strong, 5’ 9 190lbs

every summer and spring I went to a high-end training facility with those super speed incline treadmills, with plyo platforms, those horizontal leg press machines where you litterslly jump off the platform. I trained my ass off. Weights in the afternoon. So 8 training sessions a week between speed/weights. By my senior year in college (with anabolics) I was 5’ 10 242lbs, 425lb bench, 545 squat, and a 335lbs hang clean. I ran the 40yd dash at 4.61 lazer. 33inch vertical.

my 2nd string fullback...Casey...black male 5-9 230lbs. His numbers were maybe 30lbs less than mine, and when we would race I would beat him maybe 70% of the time. Very even.

casey was a great man. But his love was religion. He but in hours of extra study, did little groups on campus, volunteered at the Age-to-age kids home. Dad was a preacher, and he wanted to be the same. (Transfer from wake forest) he made the required sessions, but no more. He didn’t eat real well, enjoyed McDonald’s and man he loved wings. Wings every day.

if Casey was on the sauce and put in the hours I did....I would of been 2nd string and special teams only. His genetics were better than mine. But through sheer obsession and drive I started

work matters. I tattooed “Sine Labore Nihil” across my fucking back to remind me.

but genetics plays a big role too. Most only progress to probably 60% of their genetic limit. It’s what you will sacrifice that will determine how far you advance

genetics do play a huge factor, but work ethic plays even more so. My views from my life history....

I was an All-conference D2 fullback in college. I wasn’t even a starter until my junior year of highschool. I was chunky and strong, 5’ 9 190lbs

every summer and spring I went to a high-end training facility with those super speed incline treadmills, with plyo platforms, those horizontal leg press machines where you litterslly jump off the platform. I trained my ass off. Weights in the afternoon. So 8 training sessions a week between speed/weights. By my senior year in college (with anabolics) I was 5’ 10 242lbs, 425lb bench, 545 squat, and a 335lbs hang clean. I ran the 40yd dash at 4.61 lazer. 33inch vertical.

my 2nd string fullback...Casey...black male 5-9 230lbs. His numbers were maybe 30lbs less than mine, and when we would race I would beat him maybe 70% of the time. Very even.

casey was a great man. But his love was religion. He but in hours of extra study, did little groups on campus, volunteered at the Age-to-age kids home. Dad was a preacher, and he wanted to be the same. (Transfer from wake forest) he made the required sessions, but no more. He didn’t eat real well, enjoyed McDonald’s and man he loved wings. Wings every day.

if Casey was on the sauce and put in the hours I did....I would of been 2nd string and special teams only. His genetics were better than mine. But through sheer obsession and drive I started

work matters. I tattooed “Sine Labore Nihil” across my fucking back to remind me.

but genetics plays a big role too. Most only progress to probably 60% of their genetic limit. It’s what you will sacrifice that will determine how far you advance
My first week of practice in college football we were in the fieldhouse due to major storms outside. Our QB was a 5'8 guy who appeared bored out of his mind as he stood under a basketball hoop twirling the football on his finger like a basketball. He looked up at the hoop and just jumped and slammed the football through the hoop taking one step. That is genetics right there.........

Some may have said this above I believe, but there is plenty of evidence that what we consider our mindset is genetically predetermined. Being able to push, to be persistent, to keep getting up after being knocked down is in your genes.

I'm inclined to agree with Sam Harris that even what we believe is our own free will is an illusion. Some (most?) find this either horrific or offensive, but there have been experiments that seem to prove it out.

My first week of practice in college football we were in the fieldhouse due to major storms outside. Our QB was a 5'8 guy who appeared bored out of his mind as he stood under a basketball hoop twirling the football on his finger like a basketball. He looked up at the hoop and just jumped and slammed the football through the hoop taking one step. That is genetics right there.........

Haha we had an outside linebacker that when we were doing box jumps, the last 2-3 jumps he’d jump OVER the fucking box. 230lbs jumping over a fucking box that came up to my waist. 😂

The mind consists gray and white matter. Quantum physics shocks again!!! I think one thing the mind teaches us is that everything we thought was physical is not physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear