over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Fortitude Training!

Dr. Scott,

Could you provide more info on this program? Does it tell you exactly what exercises to do and how to do the specific workouts?

Buy the Ebook. Very specific on zig-zagging exercises and you get access to his forum where you can pick his brain. He always responds with great help

Sometimes on pump leg day I set the bike to the highest resistance and go like hell on it for 20 seconds or so a few times. The burn is excruciating and there is zero eccentric resistance so it doesn’t fuck up recovery for muscle rounds if I’m still fatigued from loading days

Thanks Scott! I know most would do rack pulls, but for some reason (maybe just my body proportions, rack pulls from right below the knee really hurt my lower back, but deadlifts don’t.

I’ll do as you say, and maybe throw in DB RDLs on the dedicated leg day for hams

Sounds good, man, but I want to make sure you follow me. (It sounds like you're talking about tossing in the RDLs as a specific adjustment for doing full vs. rack deads.)

If you're doing FULL deads, this hits the posterior chain of the lower body pretty hard, so you're not just hitting the back, you're also hitting the legs. So the main concern would be excessive training for that musculature, which could mean doing LESS hamstring and RDL kind of work...

-S

VERY COOL of you to write all this out, man. MUCH appreciated. It's always a great thing to hear that someone's benefitted from my efforts. :)

-S

I have easily listened to well over 50 hours of podcasts and seminars that you've been a part of. It took me maybe 2-3 minutes to write that.

The reason why I can't say enough good things about Fortitude is because I think that too many bodybuilders don't focus enough on getting the most out of their training. I have heard multiple famous bodybuilding "gurus" say that training is 10-15% of the equation.

Somehow the pyramid has been flipped upside down on its head, with drugs now forming the foundation of people's focus, and training taking up a small portion of one's attention at the top of the pyramid (the "icing on the cake").

If everyone could find an effective training system that they adhere to and enjoy (which for me so happens to be Fortitude), they would realize that they could drastically cut their drug usage and make better progress than previously. Then they would come to the understanding that training is the foundation of bodybuilding, and that one of the primary functions of the diet and drugs is to support the training.

cons
don't really like the zig-zagging in a place full of people training often i could not follow my program and get the movement i wanted.
it was too low volume on an upper body I missed the feeling the muscle even on higher reps. I gave it my all and sometimes I could not finish that training even on the lower volume settings because of the full body program.

pros
with that said
because of this book, it gave me new insight and desire on how I wanna train and eat, training frequency, being very straight with my form in every rep
I made my own program with a mix of FT and jorden peters so it fits me better and i works in my GYM.

This program made it fun to train again
Thanks Scott .

I have easily listened to well over 50 hours of podcasts and seminars that you've been a part of. It took me maybe 2-3 minutes to write that.

The reason why I can't say enough good things about Fortitude is because I think that too many bodybuilders don't focus enough on getting the most out of their training. I have heard multiple famous bodybuilding "gurus" say that training is 10-15% of the equation.

Somehow the pyramid has been flipped upside down on its head, with drugs now forming the foundation of people's focus, and training taking up a small portion of one's attention at the top of the pyramid (the "icing on the cake").

If everyone could find an effective training system that they adhere to and enjoy (which for me so happens to be Fortitude), they would realize that they could drastically cut their drug usage and make better progress than previously. Then they would come to the understanding that training is the foundation of bodybuilding, and that one of the primary functions of the diet and drugs is to support the training.

Well, I still appreciate the post, for sure (as well as this one).

At the risk of spinning off into a small rant, I suspect that human nature's tendency to seek out the path of least resistance is at play here and with drugs being so readily available, so obviously working at a much lesser cost of investment, they become more of a focus.

I've always really loved the training, so I can't say there's some kind of discipline that's focused me in this way on that aspect of bodybuilding. I do think that it's possible that many folks wouldn't be training / bodybuilding were it not for being assisted, etc. (I'm sort of thinking of all the guys that were training in high school / the early days of my lifting career who have not been in the gym for well over a decade. Some of those guys might have lingered on training much longer if they were using AAS, etc., in part b/c their sense of self might have gotten more wrapped up in the endeavor than otherwise...)

-S

cons
don't really like the zig-zagging in a place full of people training often i could not follow my program and get the movement i wanted.
it was too low volume on an upper body I missed the feeling the muscle even on higher reps. I gave it my all and sometimes I could not finish that training even on the lower volume settings because of the full body program.

The zig-zagging criticism is probably the most frequent one. I've come up with strategies time and again here (e.g., using DB's to do flys on a bench you're using for presses - simple stuff like that).

Were you doing Tier III for upper body?... I'm for folks sticking with how I've laid it out for a blast or two, so they could compare notes with others (mainly on my discussion board), but it's OK to use one Tier for Upper and another for Lower if you're certain that's what you need. The Tiers are there just to create some structure, so you can mix n' match as needed. :)

The above would go for doing pump sets. If on a day, you'd prefer, lets say Tier II loading sets and Tier I pump sets, that's OK by me - I want what works first n' foremost. :)

pros
with that said
because of this book, it gave me new insight and desire on how I wanna train and eat, training frequency, being very straight with my form in every rep
I made my own program with a mix of FT and jorden peters so it fits me better and i works in my GYM.

And this is friggin' awesome, IMO. You landed with a great program that works for you (and FT contributed to that). Win-win!!!

This program made it fun to train again
Thanks Scott .

You're welcome! So many folks say that, and that makes me really happy. When training is fun, you'll train harder and progress better (and KEEP training). (Thanks for the post!)

-S

I did a fortitude blast mixing tiers also. I did tier II for back, tier I for all others. Worked very well to hammer back and have enough recovery to go longer weeks

I tried a full tier II and I just can’t with life right now (work+school+18 month old boy)

Next up I’m gonna try mixing tier II chest/shoulders and tier I everything else for a few weeks

(First of all, I’m pretty stoked/excited that the man himself, Dr Scott, is active in my thread! Lol)
Been on the fortitude program since starting this thread. It has become my favorite way to train at this point!

Things get super busy this time of year for me, 2 of my kids in travel soccer simultaneously - keeps me constantly running, but I love watching them play. So I decided to give the 3 day template a try. Moved up to tier 2, since I’m only training 3 x per week. So far, I’m loving it! Enjoying the workouts and I kind of like the 3 day split actually!

I’m so happy I bought the book and tried this program. I get excited for my workouts - to the point of having a little trouble sleeping the nights before my morning workouts - I keep waking up hoping it’s time to go train!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I still appreciate the post, for sure (as well as this one).

At the risk of spinning off into a small rant, I suspect that human nature's tendency to seek out the path of least resistance is at play here and with drugs being so readily available, so obviously working at a much lesser cost of investment, they become more of a focus.

I've always really loved the training, so I can't say there's some kind of discipline that's focused me in this way on that aspect of bodybuilding. I do think that it's possible that many folks wouldn't be training / bodybuilding were it not for being assisted, etc. (I'm sort of thinking of all the guys that were training in high school / the early days of my lifting career who have not been in the gym for well over a decade. Some of those guys might have lingered on training much longer if they were using AAS, etc., in part b/c their sense of self might have gotten more wrapped up in the endeavor than otherwise...)

-S

By the way, I've been binge-reading your Be Your Own Bodybuilding Coach ebook.

For those wondering, it is worth it IMO. There is a lot of info I am familiar with, but there is a lot more info that is new to me as well.

Your reference to a Fortitude 2.0 book in BYOBC has me very curious...

Any ETA? (Are we talking years, months, etc.?)

Last edited:
I told my wife that is all I want for Christmas.Dr.Scott is a genius.It's 100 for the hardcover.

For those wondering, it is worth it IMO. There is a lot of info I am familiar with, but there is a lot more info that is new to me as well.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I told my wife that is all I want for Christmas.Dr.Scott is a genius.It's 100 for the hardcover.

Didn't know there was a hard cover. I got the ebook for $60. Not sure I'd pay almost 70% more for the hardcover.

It's on Barnes and Noble website.Did not know the ebook is 60 bucks.I just googled the book and saw the hardcover at b&n.
Didn't know there was a hard cover. I got the ebook for $60. Not sure I'd pay almost 70% more for the hardcover.

(First of all, I’m pretty stoked/excited that the man himself, Dr Scott, is active in my thread! Lol)
Been on the fortitude program since starting this thread. It has become my favorite way to train at this point!

Things get super busy this time of year for me, 2 of my kids in travel soccer simultaneously - keeps me constantly running, but I love watching them play. So I decided to give the 3 day template a try. Moved up to tier 2, since I’m only training 3 x per week. So far, I’m loving it! Enjoying the workouts and I kind of like the 3 day split actually!

I’m so happy I bought the book and tried this program. I get excited for my workouts - to the point of having a little trouble sleeping the nights before my morning workouts - I keep waking up hoping it’s time to go train!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL! Thanks for starting the thread! Gotta get that sleep, man, but I'm happy to hear that.

The Family man plan is just for that purpose! :)

-S

Man, probably at least a year. I've been compiling a monstrous list of things to add into that book since it first came out. (A few folks are upset that I didn't make the BYOBBC coach a training system, but then it would have been a 600 page document, easy...)

Yes, some of it is somewhat rehashed, but there's no way around that, as I wanted to make it a "complete" resource. I updated the info. for each and everything in there, too, so it's not a cut n' paste job. (Really needed to be done b/c the research and marketplace is changing.)

Glad you're digging the book, too. :)

-S

LOL!! Thanks, man!

Yeah, opinions vary so much there. SOme really want the hardcover.

The advantage of the e-book is that I hyperlinked the living hell out of it, so you can easily move around, jump to references at the end of the book (and back), etc. and not spend your time trying to put physical bookmarks / dog-earing a hard cover.

Very comprehensive book. Good job Doc.

Thanks, man. Tried to cover the bases. :)

It's on Barnes and Noble website.Did not know the ebook is 60 bucks.I just googled the book and saw the hardcover at b&n.

I really kind of put the hardcover out as a kind of back-up, as I was asked jsut now n' again about that. Lots of folks seem to want a hard cover - more than I expected.

I did make it a hard cover (not softback) and got the best binding offered, as I figured it would probably end up being read during cardio, getting sweat on, etc. :)

-S

Fortitude Training is one of the best bodybuilding related books I've read, can't wait to read Scott's newest book....looks extremely comprehensive.

Ramping this thread back up. I am generally a PUSH/PULL/LEGS guy and probably always will be in the long run. But, due to work obligations, I can currently only train 4x per week. So I did my research to determine a good 4x per week program for an advanced guy AND I was looking for something completely different than I had done before. As the saying goes, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again, yet expecting different results."

I landed on Fortitude training. 4x per week, turbo version (full body workouts) and so far I am really enjoying it. It kicks your ass. I love being in the gym 6x per week, but with this level of intensity that would be impossible. So 4x per week is perfect. My workouts take about 60-75 minutes and each workout is so unique from the other it keeps you mentally stimulated. When I leave the gym I am a sweaty mess and generally need about 30 mins of just sitting on my couch to decompress. Scott is a smart dude and sometimes he needs to dummy himself up a bit more to communicate to us minions, BUT, if you thoroughly read the book and then compare it to the sample blank workout sheets you will understand it.

I only have ONE (singular) issue with the program that I cannot incorporate and that is the zig zag component simply because I train at a busy commercial gym and cannot access multiple machines at the same time. Otherwise I am using it exactly as prescribed. And it is easy to follow exactly as prescribed because he allows a lot of leeway into exercise selection, order of exercise and priority of muscle groups.

Interested in this training methodology myself. Going to buy the ebook and read up after the gym tonight.
How do you guys feel this type of training is for adding lots of tissue? Or is it just 1 of the may ways to skin a cat?
I do ppl with progressive overload now. 3x week. But need more stimulus overall.
It's either DC or fortitude, gotta add lots of size.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131