over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

From Bodybuilder to a Boxer

UseButDontAbuse

Registered
Hey guys,

After been training for 10 years , constant plauteaus , some breaked; others not, and about 4 competitions i am done with being focused 100% on bodybuilding.
We reach a point in bodybuilding that we need to spend too much in order to continue to progress. I am happy with goals in bodybuilding.

So.. Into the subject:

I am doing boxing classes 3 times a week and pretend to do a bodybuilding routine 3-times a week.

Plan is to get faster, good technique maybe do a combat in a year or so. i will be still following a bodybuilder diet (it's my life since 16) and ride on with a cruising dosage.

I know i will lose some mass so i have some questions for you:

What would be the ideal routine for doing boxing classes 3 times a week?

Is winstrol a good anabolic for boxing?

Advices from former boxers are welcomed,
Thanks

Last edited:
Hey guys,

After been training for 10 years , constant plauteaus , some breaked; others not, and about 4 competitions i am done with being focused 100% on bodybuilding.
We reach a point in bodybuilding that we need to spend too much in order to continue to progress. I am happy with goals in bodybuilding.

So.. Into the subject:

I am doing boxing classes 3 times a week and pretend to do a bodybuilding routine 3-times a week.

Plan is to get faster, good technique maybe do a combat in a year or so. i will be still following a bodybuilder diet (it's my life since 16) and ride on with a cruising dosage.

Thanks

Winstrol for boxing is no good IMO. EQ and Test did the job at low doses.

I did boxing for 9 years, 5 of them on gear/prohormones.
Get as powerful as possible and gain as much muscle and strength as you can.
Trainers would always say "those muscles will slow you down" but the truth is, they actually make you hit like a brick if you have good technique.

Exercise-wise, try power movements, heavy sets, they don't have to be explosive movements, just power movements. You will see a big difference in punching power.

You are already working explosive movements/handspeed during boxing classes, so when in the gym focus on power.

Hey guys,

So.. Into the subject:

Thanks

First and foremost, congrats on stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something completely alien to what you know..

I have competed in combative sports since I was a child (wrestling base)..It transitioned to Judo in my teens (back when we didn't have any grappling schools, it wasn't until the late 90's) Anyhow, I personally never done "BOXING" exclusively, we had many trainers and students in the affiliations I been involved with..It was a huge sacrifice when I wanted to compete in meets/competitions because my BBing training was literally put on hold.. It's one or the other..Because you're working different motor units and it will effect your game..I had to limit so many compounds because of the blood volume and pumps which would hinder my ability and response,timing and over all my form..Whether I was rolling or using Focus mits my limbs especially arms would be pumped and heavy (no good man)..

I resorted to EQ (moderate dose, right out of Mexico), winny oral (no injections due to excessive pip and inability to train healthy) and when near a meet I would use moderate Halotestin (straight from China)..I wish I knew about GW-501516 (peptide back when)..But that seems to be the go-to with the competitive team/crew now..

Keep in mind, you don't have to lose your hard earned gains, but to really give a nobel and learn something, and get something out of it, You're gonna have to make some sort of sacrifice..If you plan on competing, even in a local "smoker" event you'll need to take into great consideration that your opponent is training to knock your block off, dedication and commitment needs to be applied, it's serious stuff man..

You can have fun, train combative sports, but if you compete you'll need to just make a full blown commitment and take a brake from BBing and focus all about forum,technique and speed, forget about BBing..

Good luck, and seriously have fun man!:headbang:

wrestling and jiu jitsu here. primo or masteron and var with low test

Depending on what weight you want to fight at. Test,eq and hgh for recovery would be ideal. Wish I can do hgh part. Just started Systema but I'm going back to Muy Thai again.

high eq/low test/100mg++ anavar

that is what I ran and most fighters I knew during the 5 years I was in the "know"

Hey guys,

So.. Into the subject:

Thanks

yeah I used to box when I was twenty. I was lifting and boxing, just box on a separate day than lifting. two times a week minimum boxing, depending on injuries, shoulder, elbows, etc

learn to hit where it doesnt eff your elbows up. When i was younger I was okay. When I was 32 and boxing, Ive had elbow injuries anyways from lifting too heavy, not knowing, and the boxing just made it worse

The best advice as far as fighting is get some training in for months and don't jump in with someone who is above your level. I tried going professional for money, and jumped in too fast too soon, and it just didn't work out. #concussion#slurredspeech# Getting knocked out too many times, because I went in like a bull on a china shop, without training longer and working with a coach more. Its going to cost training lessons if you're serious, and you cant get around that.

also bodybuilding progress can be lessened a bit bc your doing boxing 2-4 days a week or whatever you decide to do and your coach may have you doing exercises that you dont think will really help you since you do bodybuilding anyways (esp if your expirienced and know your stuff)

If you are planning to compete then there is 0 benefit to lifting more than once a week. Endurance is the most important factor. Gaining as much mass as you can is detrimental because of weight classes.

The people you face in the upper weight classes will usually be at that weight naturally with larger frames. You can see where the disadvantage comes from.

If you are planning to compete then there is 0 benefit to lifting more than once a week. Endurance is the most important factor. Gaining as much mass as you can is detrimental because of weight classes.

The people you face in the upper weight classes will usually be at that weight naturally with larger frames. You can see where the disadvantage comes from.

I disagree. Weight training can only help. Evander Holyfield was trained by Lee Haney. This is how Holyfield went from cruiserweight to heavyweight.

Naturally larger frame? Not compared to someone like Riddick Bowe, but the real deal was one of the most great heavyweight boxers in his day

Wouldn't the spike in resting heart rate from AAS decrease stamina?

I've been training Krav Maga for 5 years. I use TrT dose Test, about 3iu daily HGH (sundays off), IGF-lr3 20mcg daily, and vitamin b12 .2ml daily (helps with IGF). Thinking about running 400-600mg EQ for 12 weeks.

This protocal really helps me recover, build slight mass, and increase strength and endurance while keeping my labs and body healthy.

I train 5 days a week, 3-4 hours per day. Included in that is 3 weightlifting training sessions per week. The focus is more high rep high volume stuff to build strength and endurance.

Heavy bag work and focus mitts are great cardio base.

I would check out the Bas Rutten "Mixed Martial Arts workout" cd

The CDs provide great 30 minute bag/focus mitt routines and will absolutely smoke you, especially if you do exercises in between rounds.

Lastly remember that punching power comes from your hips and core, and your ability to recoil quickly. Speed equals power. Coupling that with high strength and you can punch down walls.

Some people are saying Anavar and when I'm on Anavar and train Jitz or striking I get pumps that don't help with training at all... I also get cramps in my legs. For me it's test, deca, and hgh.

I disagree. Weight training can only help. Evander Holyfield was trained by Lee Haney. This is how Holyfield went from cruiserweight to heavyweight.

Naturally larger frame? Not compared to someone like Riddick Bowe, but the real deal was one of the most great heavyweight boxers in his day

Punching power comes from technique and the speed you can accelerate your body mass used in the punch. Lifting does not increase punching power, just your overall stiffness. Lifting is good for moving up in weight. But if you are at 5'10 do you really want to face up against 6'3 boxers?

Punching power comes from technique and the speed you can accelerate your body mass used in the punch. Lifting does not increase punching power, just your overall stiffness. Lifting is good for moving up in weight. But if you are at 5'10 do you really want to face up against 6'3 boxers?

how many times have you sparred in the ring? how about fought all out in the ring? ever been knocked the f out ? concussion?

You have your intellectuals who study boxing and have no experience that do the talk. and people with expirience. of course both studying and experience is best

I just find a lot of talkers never been in the ring and got knocked the eff out a few times

im 6ft2 anyways with my shoes off and 6ft3 -4 with them on. ive gotten knokced out from someone about my heigh maybe a shade taller and gotten knocked out by a 5ft10 or so guy. Look at Tyson in his early career , he could knock any taller fella out, its about how good you are eing 5ft9 or 6ft5

Last edited:
Lifting weights definitely will help with boxing, but your resistance training will be different from conventional body building routines.

Gotta work the focus mitt and heavy bag to develop speed and power. And spar like crazy. Running is good to mix in as well.

My worst knockout came from a spinning slap kick to my liver. Caught me completely off guard and for a couple of minutes I wanted to die.

how many times have you sparred in the ring? how about fought all out in the ring? ever been knocked the f out ? concussion?

You have your intellectuals who study boxing and have no experience that do the talk. and people with expirience. of course both studying and experience is best

I just find a lot of talkers never been in the ring and got knocked the eff out a few times

im 6ft2 anyways with my shoes off and 6ft3 -4 with them on. ive gotten knokced out from someone about my heigh maybe a shade taller and gotten knocked out by a 5ft10 or so guy. Look at Tyson in his early career , he could knock any taller fella out, its about how good you are eing 5ft9 or 6ft5

I was an amateur boxer until last year and was into bodybuilding before that until I realized it doesn't help. You know what actually helps? Instead of lifting, use that time to actually work on your skill, drills on explosiveness, endurance and anything that actually has to do with boxing. I found that I actually punched harder and quicker than when I lifted. Go figure.

I have sparred and trained with pro boxers. The best fighters use some form of resistance training occasionally, but you will never see them lifting multiple times a week. there's a good reason for that

I was an amateur boxer until last year and was into bodybuilding before that until I realized it doesn't help. You know what actually helps? Instead of lifting, use that time to actually work on your skill, drills on explosiveness, endurance and anything that actually has to do with boxing. I found that I actually punched harder and quicker than when I lifted. Go figure.

I have sparred and trained with pro boxers. The best fighters use some form of resistance training occasionally, but you will never see them lifting multiple times a week. there's a good reason for that

it depends if a person is in between fights and wants to develop strength, power, size

obviously, closer to a fight yes more boxing skill, drills, explosiveness, accuracy, speed, and stamia

yes I used to be a sparring partner for a pro as well. Ive found an amature sparring partner to be better than this pro I sparred with. I was fighting at 235 so I was sparring lt heavies and heavies, and easy to get kncked out when you fight hard. No worries though I gave it up after I realized I wasnt making money and brains got too scambled for my liking. I love bodybuilding much more

Last edited:
If you're not totally locked into boxing try BJJ and see what you think. It's much more forgiving once you get over the ego crush of realizing how much you can't fight, and are getting destroyed by guys half your size and even girls.

BJJ is a sport that you can go ALL OUT in for the rest of your life. Boxing, not so much the older you get.

But again, most new guys can't leave their ego at the door and have a really hard time adjusting to the daily beat downs. It takes a good while to actually learn how to defend yourself, even longer to be able to put together a game plan and mount an offensive!!

it depends if a person is in between fights and wants to develop strength, power, size

obviously, closer to a fight yes more boxing skill, drills, explosiveness, accuracy, speed, and stamia

yes I used to be a sparring partner for a pro as well. Ive found an amature sparring partner to be better than this pro I sparred with. I was fighting at 235 so I was sparring lt heavies and heavies, and easy to get kncked out when you fight hard. No worries though I gave it up after I realized I wasnt making money and brains got too scambled for my liking. I love bodybuilding much more

I don't think I've ever been the same after getting multiple concussions. In addition I didn't get any female attention because all that cardio intensive conditioning made me lose most of my gains. But then again I was natural when I boxed.

I don't think I've ever been the same after getting multiple concussions. In addition I didn't get any female attention because all that cardio intensive conditioning made me lose most of my gains. But then again I was natural when I boxed.

ive had two concussions in one of my fights where I got beat bad. It was stopped. Slurred speech and mixing words up unknowingly, as I do youtube videos and noticed them on my videos, not even trying to. My spine was sore about half a week to a week after most likely from ther chin shock going down spine, making legs give out

I was natural as well when i boxed. I feel if I was on hindsight 20/20 I would have been much better so o well Im not going back to that. I tried and failed and im fine with that.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner