advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Getting ridiculously hungry at night... what do you do?

SacToSD

Registered
So I've been dieting for a couple weeks now seriously and have been having times when I wake up in the middle of the night absolutely famished. Sometimes I find myself in the kitchen before I'm awake eating peanut butter out of the jar. God, something has got to change! All the dieting I do during the day goes out the window when I hit the late night snacks. Do any of you have this problem, and if so, what do you do about it?

Yea it does suck bro and I think that you have reached an unhealthy state when you start "sleep eating"

Listen to you body , best thing I found was to eat a filling type smack right at bed time , bt for me if I did this any closer than 30 min before I layed down I got sick

If i wake up "famished" in the middle of the night I will go to the kitchen and eat a meal...have one pre made with the proper macros...or before you go to bed fill a water bottle with a few TBSP of LBAs and slam that and go back to bed.

Night time is the worst for me too. probably just from poor habits of the past. I have noticed on days that I don't nap, and are REALLY ready for bed, I make it the whole night. The nights I go to bed just because its time for bed, I always wake up 3 hours later starved.

Strange...on the nights I wake up hungry, if I manage to get back asleep without eating, I wake up in the morning not hungry at all. I guess my body switched to burning body-fat:confused:

8:00PM to 2:00AM is the only difficult thing about dieting period...for me anyway.

So I've been dieting for a couple weeks now seriously and have been having times when I wake up in the middle of the night absolutely famished. Sometimes I find myself in the kitchen before I'm awake eating peanut butter out of the jar. God, something has got to change! All the dieting I do during the day goes out the window when I hit the late night snacks. Do any of you have this problem, and if so, what do you do about it?

Take 1 Scoop of Whey Protein Powder

Mix it with Water, add 6-9 G of Fiber From Psyllium Husk or other powder source

couple bites of cottage cheese and hopefully back to sleep

So, eat some protein, when hungry eat protein when dieting!

night time

Take 1 Scoop of Whey Protein Powder

Mix it with Water, add 6-9 G of Fiber From Psyllium Husk or other powder source

X2

Um generally when I'm hungry I eat food. Try that out and tell us how it works.

My last meal before bed (30 mins-1 hr) I eat salmon or tilapia, FF cottage cheese, sugar free canned peaches/pineapple and a couple TBsp of LBA's and I sleep like a baby. Now if I skip that meal then I do wake up in the middle of the night hungry so then I eat a bowl of cereal (cheerios/wheaties) and slam down a LBA drink and back to sleep.

Thanks for all the responses. I like what stump and bigmatt had to say about it... I will try one or the other out tonight and post a follow up tomorrow to let you know how it went. Hopefully it fixes things! Thanks again

Suck it up man!

I would roll back over and go to sleep. This is a man's sport filled with uncomforts and suffering. If you want it bad enough suck it up, roll over and go back to sleep. There is a reason everyone doesn't look like a bodybuilder, it's tough, takes guts and discipline. If you want it bad enough you will conquer and prevail over all obstacles, if you don't well you can dust off that old 10 speed of yours and start riding a mile or two on Saturdays.

This is a man's sport .

Marilyn? what do you say to that??

just kidding
If strictly cutting I agree,but if bulking a little healthy snack won't kill ya.

Last edited:
keep a protein shake next to your bed it helps and atleast its productive

Yes

I would roll back over and go to sleep. This is a man's sport filled with uncomforts and suffering. If you want it bad enough suck it up, roll over and go back to sleep. There is a reason everyone doesn't look like a bodybuilder, it's tough, takes guts and discipline. If you want it bad enough you will conquer and prevail over all obstacles, if you don't well you can dust off that old 10 speed of yours and start riding a mile or two on Saturdays.

Exactly.............keeping a protein shake by your bed.....childish. Starving and getting lean and being a real man and sleeping............priceless.

alright alright, I'm going to bite the bullet and starve my hungry ass. Phil and aeliop, you guys are tough on me, but I know down deep you know the right thing to do. If you want I'll send you some before and after shots of my butt... :)

If i wake up "famished" in the middle of the night I will go to the kitchen and eat a meal...have one pre made with the proper macros...or before you go to bed fill a water bottle with a few TBSP of LBAs and slam that and go back to bed.

This has always been the worst problem for me when dieting. I always crave CARBS.
Sabagoy... what does a few tbsp of LBAs do? I might try that.

So, eat some protein, when hungry eat protein when dieting!

agreed. bro just eat protein of you must eat. your body cannot convert protein to fat as easily as carbs to fat. carbs and fat are both made from carbon, hydrogen and oxygen thus are easily interchangeable. protein MUST contain nitrogen, possibly some other stuff like sulfur. it takes a bit of effort to convert it to fat.

Last edited:
Let me ask you guys this, though... what do you do about sleep eating? I swear to god sometimes I wake up mid-bite with a fork in my mouth. Jesus h. christ how are you supposed to avoid that?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws