over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hammer Strength Shoulder press

curls-for-girls

Registered
What is the the general consensus about this Hammer Strength shoulder press (see attachment).. any good?

Attachments

• hammer.jpg
    hammer.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 3,555
It is very good. I feel it in the front and medial heads of my delts.

Honestly? Give me BB, DB, or Smith ANY day of the week. That machine KILLS my joints. Don't know why, but it has always hurt.

I use it occasionally.. But im not really a fan of the range of motion.. feels awkward/un-natural..

I don't like it facing out (how you're supposed to) but facing in, with an arched back (not with your head against the pad) works nicely.

i think most hammer strength is badly designed to be honest.

i train at a golds that is full of HS kit and most of it has floors.

the power rack is stupidly high about 15ft plus however they have stupid metal thick catch bars instead of rods and the height only adjusts down to knee ish level not to the floor.

the pullover machine does not have a foot lever device to bring it forward so when using some decent weight you virtually have to tear a pec to get it in front, then its either rest arms on pads but not grip the bar or grip the bar but not have your arms on the pads.

seated calf is a joke

i also hate there chest machines, i see everyone in the gym can do 3+ plates a side so they are really popular but its all leverage.

the smith machine is also counter balanced which i find awkward

as big dave says give me basics

the shoulder press however aint that bad:D

My favorite HS piece:

Attachments

• 21_917_pakenham-fitness-factory-pakenham-gym-hammer-strength-bicep-curl_l.jpg
    21_917_pakenham-fitness-factory-pakenham-gym-hammer-strength-bicep-curl_l.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 6,934
Honestly? Give me BB, DB, or Smith ANY day of the week. That machine KILLS my joints. Don't know why, but it has always hurt.

I guess it varies on the individual, because it is one of the only shoulder machines that DOESNT kill my joints. I really love this one, usually after doing barbell military presses. BIg D - is it in your elbows? Wrists? Shoulders themselves?

I try to put the most free-motion exercises first (DB), followed by (if needed):barbell, cable/free-motion machines, and finally set machines.

i like it. it feels really good on my shoulders especially for high reps.

Both of my shoulders were killing me week after week about 6 months ago when I was going relatively heavy on this machine, I stopped using the machine and the pain subsided. Perhaps with heavy weight I wasn't prepared to compensate with strict form. Maybe a little my fault, but either way I've never head this problem with BB or DB overhead (heavy or light), which is why I only throw in this machine for light-to-moderate weight when things get dry once a month or so.

TL

Hate it! Doesn't feel natural, and hurts my elbow joints and shoulders. I never use it because of this. Smith machine or military press rack all day.

To all of you who had shoulder pain as a result of this movement, I urge you to consider correcting your posture. I've found that if I shove my back and ass right up against the back rest/top of the seat, and clip in with the seat belt, it puts me into a position that causes my shoulders absolutely no pain what so ever. In fact, my delts felt more annihilated with slightly less weight, so as long as I was in the position just described. Needless to say, I can now safely use this movement with no concern of injury.

I don't like it facing out (how you're supposed to) but facing in, with an arched back (not with your head against the pad) works nicely.

Are you refering to sitting with your chest on the back rest instead of back?

chest facing the back rest but not touching. i arch my back and keep the handles in front of me.

Yes, face the machine and sit down and not put your back on the back rest. You can arch your back a little and put your chest on the back rest. I like it much better that way also.

I hated this machine until I placed an extra pad on the backrest, so this pushed me forward more and the handles are more at my side instead of out in front. Just hammers the medial delts

i use this machine almost every shoulder workout...i love it

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity