over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HOMEMADE PROTEIN BARS

scrapper13

Kilo Klub Member
a friend of mine recently suggested making homemade protein bars. he said they are delicious and obviously save a lot of money...anybody have any good recipes???

a friend of mine recently suggested making homemade protein bars. he said they are delicious and obviously save a lot of money...anybody have any good recipes???

there are a lot out there....google is your friend.

**broken link removed**

MagicPunt posted these:

For Bulking:

MagicPunt's MRBs (Meal Replacement Bars):

Combine in large mixing bowl:

3 Cups Oatmeal
1/2 Cup Natural Peanut butter
1 cup Skim Milk
4 Scoops Protein Powder
dash of cinnamon

Mix until a sticky batter is formed (may take a few minutes)

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)

top with 4-8 packets splenda

put in the fridge overnight and cut into 8 equal bars that yield:

11g fat (good monounsaturated fats)
26g carbs
21g protein

285 calories

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Cutting:

Combine in Large Mixing Bowl

8 Scoops Whey (Vanilla is very good)
3 Cups Oats
1 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding (Any flavor is good)
2 Cups Skim Milk

Mix until a sticky batter is formed (may take a few minutes)

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)
put in the fridge overnight and cut into 8 equal bars that yield:
3g fat
28g carbs
29g protein
257 calories

-------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
There is one i make all the time. Its got oats, Natty PB, chocolate protein powder and a little bit of milk. You mix it all up in a bowl, spread it on a plate and put in the fridge to harden. They are great. Ill try to find the exact recipe. I kinda just eye ball it now.

I made some about 6 hours ago and they still aren't set. Still really gummy and can't be separated.

Taste damn good though. Guess I'll have to eat them with a fork.

2big, that is what I made today. Must take overnight to harden up a bit more then.

Why dont you ask him for the recipe? ;)

Wow...those all sound great!

Wow...nice!:D good looking recipes guys

Im going to try that.I've been making protein pudding for years.something diff. sounds good.

These recipes sound interesting.
Easy to make.
Peace.

Last edited:
Here is the recipe I have used for the past few years:

16 Oz natural peanut butter(I used smooth)
8 tablespoons of honey(get local to help with natural allergy resistance)
6 scoops of choc whey powder
1 cup uncooked oats(whole not quick)

Mix the PB and honey in a large microwave safe bowl, then zap for 90 seconds. Stir a bit to make sure it is a batter and all chunks are melted. Add your oats and protien powder and mix, then flatten out the mix in a 13x9 baking pan(wash your hands well before doing this). Let it sit for about 20 minutes. Cut into bars or squares and bag for refrigeration(at least the ones you do not eat right away).

If you like, you can also top them with 1/4 cup of chocolate chips, just wait about 5 minutes for the bars to cool a little or the chips will melt too much, then push them down into the bar a little bit to set.

yummm...

I've tried these before, they are soooooo good:):)
thanks!

My favorite..A flour tortilla wrapped around 8 oz lean gr beef smoothered in cheese.

these sound great, unless they are on discount at gnc/vitaminshoppe they are a luxury I can rarely afford. I have done the pb, vanilla whey protein, water and oats before, never cooked or chilled it, just mixed up and it was ok.

Anybody have any using glycerin?

Here is 2:

~~~Chocolate Raspberry Bars

1 cup oat flour
1 cup Milk & Egg Protein powder (MLO)
½ cup powdered milk
1/2 teaspoon pure stevioside extract
½ teaspoon salt
2 ounces unsweetened bakers chocolate 2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces fat free cream cheese (room temperature)
½ cup glycerin
1 teaspoon super-strength chocolate flavoring (LorAnn)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 8 1/2" x 11" baking pan with wax paper.

Combine all dry ingredients in blender -- Process on high speed 2 minutes.

Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler, or in the microwave for 1 minute on med-high power, stir until completely melted. (If needed microwave an additional 30 seconds.)

In a bowl, beat cream cheese, glycerin, and flavoring. Using an electric mixer, add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Pour batter into lined pan, spreading to an even thickness.

Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly. Remove wax paper and allow to cool completely. Cut into 12 bars.

Per serving: 290 Calories 16g Total Fat 21g Protein 17g Carbohydrate

~~~Coconut Protein Bars Easy, Economical, and DELICIOUS! 3 grams of carbs per bar

These bars are fast and easy to make. Please read below for ingredient information.

½ cup plus
2 tablespoons water
¼ cup Stevita Stevia Supreme or ¼ cup Stevia blend or ¾ teaspoon pure stevia (stevioside)
1/3-cup glycerin
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 ½ cups isolated soy protein powder
¾ cup Milk & Egg Protein powder (MLO)
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (dried, NOT fresh)
½ teaspoon coconut super-strength flavoring (LorAnn)
½ teaspoon pineapple super-strength flavoring (LorAnn)

1. In a microwave safe container, heat a ½ cup of water to a boil. 2. Thoroughly dissolve stevia in hot water. 3. Add glycerin and coconut oil to water mixture. Allow to cool completely. (Using warm or hot water will ruin the texture of this protein bar.) 4. In a mixing bowl or large food processor container combine soy protein, Milk and Egg protein (MLO), and coconut. 5. Stir the coconut and pineapple extract into the cooled water mixture. 6. Slowly pour the cooled water mixture into the dry mixture and process with a sturdy mixer of food processor until the dough forms coarse crumbs. 7. Leaving the mixture in bowl, kneed it into a large ball. It should be the consistency of pie pastry dough, firm, yet slightly crumbly. If it is sticky, add more soy protein powder. If the dough is not moist enough to hold together when you squeeze it add more water one tablespoon at a time. 8. Forming the protein bars is essential to giving them that store bought taste. Press the dough evenly into a slightly oiled 8"x8" pan. Lightly oil the top of the dough. 9. The next step is pressing the bars to achieve the desired texture. Place another 8" x 8" pan on top of the dough. Place weights on top of this pan. (I use 50 pounds worth of hand weights.) Allow the dough to press for several hours or longer depending on your personal taste. Alternative method: Press dough onto a cooking sheet into an 8" x 8" square. Using heavy meat pounder or rolling pin, pound the dough until desired textured. After pressing the dough, cut into bars 1 ½" x 4". Makes about 12 bars. These bars contain no preservatives so they must be refrigerated for storage.

You can also use Almond Butter as a sub for peanuts. I personally like it better.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131