over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how do you guys stay on a strict diet

NuTsOe

Registered
i just cant stay on point with my diet when i get to the fourth day it starts to get bad i cant sleep stomach cramps (they occur in day 2) i wake up in hunger in the middle of the night (quite often) and fucking binge i eat anything everything well get you point maybe just half a gallon of girl scout icecream man i find it real difficult i try prefixing tuna/chicken but man you get the point i have no focus im a junkfoodjunkie i hate this shit its such a huge flaw can anyone give me a few pointers on anything having to deal with keeping diet on track its been 3 -4 years since i went strict for 12 weeks cheating every 2 weeks only & i forget how i did it i just need to come at it from a difrent approach any advice/tips will be GREATLY APPRECIATED

Ive found that your fu$ked if you jump right into a contest diet. You have to slowly reduce your cals. Like by mabye 500cals per month. Also you need to allow 2 cheat meals. One light and one big. I usually allow my 1st light cheameal(something like a few pieces of pizza and a bowl of ice cream on monday after a hard leg day. Then my next cheat will be big and it will be the night of my weakest bodypart(arms in my case) that will be something like a whole pizza and a dozen cookies. That way you allow yourself to look forward to something during the week which makes the dieting easier. When I get the hunger pains at night i'll usually eat an oddessy bar or a pure protein bar. Bars will fill you up enough to go to sleep opposed to shakes.

Well, one of the first rule of dieting is that "if it's in your fridge it's eventually gonna be eaten". Therefore to avoid binging on junk, just don't keep any junk at home! Sounds kinda simple but if you wake up in the middle of the night looking for a quick sugar fix and there isn't any around, chances are that you wont cheat!

I also find that drinking a casein + fish oil shake along with some green veggies before going to bed does help a lot.

NuTsOe said:
i just cant stay on point with my diet when i get to the fourth day it starts to get bad i cant sleep stomach cramps (they occur in day 2) i wake up in hunger in the middle of the night (quite often) and fucking binge i eat anything everything well get you point maybe just half a gallon of girl scout icecream man i find it real difficult i try prefixing tuna/chicken but man you get the point i have no focus im a junkfoodjunkie i hate this shit its such a huge flaw can anyone give me a few pointers on anything having to deal with keeping diet on track its been 3 -4 years since i went strict for 12 weeks cheating every 2 weeks only & i forget how i did it i just need to come at it from a difrent approach any advice/tips will be GREATLY APPRECIATED

Honestly?....

Be tough and dont be a pussy haha plain and simple. Dieting takes a certain level of will power self control and mental toughness.

TooPowerful4u said:
Honestly?....

Be tough and dont be a pussy haha plain and simple. Dieting takes a certain level of will power self control and mental toughness.

Thats it. You either want it or you dont.

TooPowerful4u said:
Honestly?....

agreed

I find it takes 30 days to chenge the way you eat. I'd take small steps if you have a junk food habit. The guys are right, you have to want it first.

try setting a goal date. and know you gotta be in shape on that day no matter what. after the first week it gets better and you dont get AS hungry. as for nightime cramps?? a little diet soda fills me up w the carbonation and has no cal or sugar or nuthin. it also imprtant to have people around you who support you to keep you on track. but the boys are right, you gotta tuff it out, you are responisible for your diet....like the nike add....JUST DO IT!!!!
lucian

The thing is you do not have to be super strict to lose bodyfat. Instead of going on a binge allow yourself a treat every day. Calories still count. I like to increase my activity level each day. Try walking,shooting hoops,doing yard work or anything that is not that strenuous. Also eat your sweets after you workout. I like eating poptarts after i train and this seems to help my cravings.
In the winter i carry around 12%. Summer time by just cutting the lawn, walking the dog and shooting hoops or playing with my daughter it drops to 8% and i eat what i like.
Remember its a treat and use portions. It does not mean to eat a whole cake or box of cookies.

RC

As RC stated, no need to be super strict unless you're in the final phase of contest prep. Also, when dieting to simply cut bodyfat, remember that you must eat frequesnt meals so that you're totally catabolic throughout the day and night. It's amazing how fast hard-earned gains can be lost by cranking up the cardio and cutting too many calories.

Modify your diet to suit your needs, don't just cut calories to the point where you're starving your body for nutrients!

IF YOU TAKE PICTURES OF YOURSELF....

SOMETIMES THAT'S A RUDE ENOUGH AWAKENING TO BEAR DOWN AND DIET HARD....LOOKING IN THE MIRROR HELPS TOO.:eek:

i have a sweet tooth also, however a strict diet has never been hard for me. if you want the cut look you got to just do the diet and cardio. putting on weight has always been the hard thing for me to do. anyway, when im dieting and i want something sweet i will have a bowl of oatmeal with a fourth of a cup of sugar free maple syrup or a glass of choclate milk made with skim and low sugar choclate syrup(from walmart) thats what i do but basically you just have to suck it up. tank...

Put your posing trunks on when your gut and lovehandles are spilling over the side it will let you know you can't afford to cheat. you have to be in shape to look good in those damn things.

TooPowerful4u said:
Honestly?....

I agree

just do it i know im a big pussy when it comes to ice creaam cake any sweats really but just the night time cravings like i said fuck it gets so bad isleep walk to the frdge but the other nite i woke up & was to damn sore to get up & walk upstairs to the fridge i ended up dreaming about a pb& j sandwich in other words if i wasnt sore thats what i would of ate but its going good now thanks for the replies feluz

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131