advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you are doing everything right?

AWN2004

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was talking with some people the other day and this topic came up and I think its a pretty good one. Think of when you are pre-contest and you have all your meals planned, cardio, and training sessions are dialed. The results are quite drastic. How many take full advantage of their off season the same way. I myself know I'm not being as good about my off season program as I should and its time to change some bad habbits. I often times see people talk about drugs or other things as the corner stones for growth in the off season, but not nearly the same amount seem to know how much protein they are taking in or how much water they consume. I wanted to know how many out there are really making the most of their off season. Are you monitoring the macro nutrients like you should? Is everything as detailed as your pre-contest plans? Id like to hear what others have to say....be honest if you can.

I have it dialed in pretty tight all the time. I might slack for a month here or a month there but all that means is that my carbs went up. My protein is up to snuff year round and so is my training. Slacking to me means gaining a little more body fat than I should

I'm a very regimented fucker off-season and pre-contest. I have specific times when I eat, when I tan, when I train, etc. Maybe I need to get a life...

For me, it took an ass kicking on stage. A shitty placing kicked me into overdrive. Started dieting day after a show Dec. 3rd 06'. Been eating an average of 14 meals a day since Jan. 1 07'. All clean. Had one cheat day per week which cut out a month ago and a cheat meal per week until a week ago. I'm competing in 11 weeks so tightening it up a bit more. I've averaged 8% b.f. on this diet all year, but continue to grow and harden up. I'm at about 6% now. Should be a cruise into the show. I swear by the clean diet year round.

For me, it took an ass kicking on stage. A shitty placing kicked me into overdrive. Started dieting day after a show Dec. 3rd 06'. Been eating an average of 14 meals a day since Jan. 1 07'. All clean. Had one cheat day per week which cut out a month ago and a cheat meal per week until a week ago. I'm competing in 11 weeks so tightening it up a bit more. I've averaged 8% b.f. on this diet all year, but continue to grow and harden up. I'm at about 6% now. Should be a cruise into the show. I swear by the clean diet year round.

um no....winning the New Mex show doesnt count as getting your ass kicked...you did the ass kicking...you freak!:D

i hear ya man, nothing will get your ass in gear like someone handing it to you on stage!

i really dialed in my off season as well this past year, it has made all the difference in the world... i am eating the same foods as off season right now... i will have a few cheat meals a week in the offseason and the training is on track as well... it will really take the stress out of dieting as well, also when you are lean enuf to see what is going on you are not fooled by the mirror and the scale by thinking you are putting on quality muscle when the majority is water and fat...

my bodyfat never went out of single digits this past year, and i felt great! the gear in the offseason is way overated... so many people loading up on all these contest prep drugs tren, mast, winny, i do not belive they are needed... if you do not use them all year and incorperate them pre contest you need less and they work better!... i am a firm beliver in staying clean as long as possible year round... how many people have you seen taking 1 to 2 grams a week year round compete year after year and look the same on stage?, shit they dont even put on any weight most of the time...

off season goals for me are getting my bloodwork better than it was the previous year, learning new traing techniques(experimenting with exersizes and routines),weak point training, cleansing out my body...colonics, herbal cleanses, fasting, etc., getting stronger on my core lifts, eating a clean diet, letting my mind rest and taking on a new hobby....

the offseason needs to be strict, but you need to be able yo rest mentally and physically as well...

i must say after dieting down, i liked the way my body looked and felt. i dont like to be all bloated walking around like a fucking chinese water balloon. here is what my off season diet and cycle looks like:

diet:
Meal one-
4 whole eggs, ¼ cup oat meal

Meal two-
45 grams whey protein shake
¾ cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon macadamia nut oil

Meal three-
7 ounces chicken breast
¾ cup brown rice
1-2 cups streamed broccoli (steamed in fat free chicken broth)

Meal four-
1 scoop max pro (30 grams protein)
1 teaspoon flaxseeds

Meal five-
8 ounce steak
¾ cup brown rice
1-2 cups streamed broccoli (steamed in fat free chicken broth)

During training

1 scoop Vitargo CGL (sugar free), add 5 grams Glutamine and 5 also drinking 20 grams of whey protein during the workout.

After training
45 grams whey protein

my cycle
Week 1= 750mgs Cypionate, 400mgs Deca
Week2& 3= 1000mgs Cypionate, 500mgs Deca
weeks 4 through 8= 1000mgs Cypionate, 600mgs Deca
Week 9= 500 mgs Susanon, 200mgs Trenbolone
Weeks 10 though 16= 750mgs Sustanon, 300mgs Trenbolone.
HGH= 3 iu on training days only for the full 16 weeks. 1.5 IU in the am and 1.5 IU 1 hour after training.
IGF-1= 30 mcgs per day/ 15 mcgs 1 hour before workout and 15 mcgs with in 30 minutes after workout.

ive run this cycle b4 but little lower doses and minus the IGF with great success, however my diet was not clean. hopefully with the incr. in aas and a cleaner diet, i'll gain while dropping bf.

oh yea....fucking cardio bug is still in me...yes those who knwo me personally...i DID say cardio..not walking my dogs to take a shit or walking from my car to the front door of LJS...actaul walking on a treadmil 20min in the am and 20 min post workout.

Km2000.........that was probably one of the most intelligent posts that I have read in quite awhile .It should be highlighted , stickyed, and put on every board on the net. I have been on this board for 4 years and I have been hoping a guy like yourself would surface around here. You are doing it right my friend [ and it looks like it too ] If all bbers were doing it like you are , then we would have a much healthier ,more accepted , and happier sport. Your post made me smile ,because this should be how everyone should be doing it , not just you .........keep up with your ways .I promise that they will serve you well......

Rob Roy.........nice post as well. I am sure your dedication will show on stage as well. sounds like you are another guy that is doing it right. Only way the sport is going to change is with guys like you and KM2000 leading the way .........

BBA ......nice to see you putting it together . Hope things are well for you . Always thought you were a solid dude .......

nice post , I think that's what bb is all about , keep lean , big and healthy all around the year.

off season goals for me are getting my bloodwork better than it was the previous year, learning new traing techniques(experimenting with exersizes and routines),weak point training, cleansing out my body...colonics, herbal cleanses, fasting, etc., getting stronger on my core lifts, eating a clean diet, letting my mind rest and taking on a new hobby....

Most inteligent goal i see in this forum for a LONG time!

Threads like this one show us the value of sharing knowledge here and how great is this forum!

Thank you guys!

I say......

I am always asked "are you getn ready for a show?" I always reply..... It doesnt matter if its off season or pre contest prep Im always getn ready for a show.

gooey

the offseason needs to be strict, but you need to be able yo rest mentally and physically as well...

THAT HANDS DOWN IS THE BEST STATMENT I HAVE EVER READ ON THIS BOARD!

I am always asked "are you getn ready for a show?" I always reply..... It doesnt matter if its off season or pre contest prep Im always getn ready for a show.

gooey

Everrybody at work asks me this and that is what I always tell them too.....

KM2000, great post as usual man......

I am pretty spot on with my offseason routine with drinking water and supplements, sleep but to be honest I need to tighten up my eating a little........I have put down an enourmous amount of food this offseason and it is helping me take my physique to another level......but I love food and my body loves to put on fat just as much as it likes to put on muscle too....I just need to watch my bf a little closer in the offseason......Its hard to when your Japanese grandma tries to stuff your face full of egg rolls, shrimp tempura, kimichi, and bulgoki and your mother has everybody over on sunday nights for huge italian dinners....lol.....Man I love to eat....lol..

oh yeah and I am getting back into an old "hobby" of mine.......I bought some turntables last week and will start spinning music....I really missed doing this.....

Last edited:
BD your grandma can come to our house when your dieting. ::eek:od-smil :D

BD your grandma can come to our house when your dieting. ::eek:od-smil :D

Sure!! But just remember that you will have 479 things to do as well......she is one bossy 4'10" 65 lb. woman....LOL....

I guess I would say I do everything right, year-round. I am strict with my diet in the offseason as well as precontest, and never really "slack off" in any area. I try to keep things in perspective though and don't put all my eggs in one basket, so to speak. I'm busy with school and work, so in the offseason I only train 3 days a week. I try to keep my bodybuilding expenses minimal as well. I want to do my best, but at the same time I don't want to be "just a bodybuilder".

off by a mile on the diet foods but TIMING is decent.....

but training has been consistent for the first time :D

Its hard to when your Japanese grandma tries to stuff your face full of egg rolls, shrimp tempura, kimichi, and bulgoki and your mother has everybody over on sunday nights for huge italian dinners....lol.....Man I love to eat....lol..

oh yeah and I am getting back into an old "hobby" of mine.......I bought some turntables last week and will start spinning music....I really missed doing this.....
Haha, I know what you mean BD. My grandma is from Japan too, and although I try to keep clean through my offseason (even tho this is my first real offseason since ive only competed once..), you really cant deny your Japanese grandmothers cooking, no matter how unclean it is. I also agree with the earlier post, from RR, that a low placing will motivate like none other. I didnt do as well as I would have liked my first show, so now I am motivated like none other to keep everything in check this off season and try to pack on as much quality mass as I can.

Not trying to get off the topic of this thread, but BD what kind of music do u spin? I am a major music fanatic as well.

He aint lying, he eats clean and eats a ton, Rob is fucking ripped skin looks tight and nmay be his best shape this far out from any show hes ever done, there is no offseason diet for Rob , the dude does it right all yr round, unlike my fat ass lol.

Not trying to get off the topic of this thread, but BD what kind of music do u spin? I am a major music fanatic as well.

Sorry I know off topic.....well not really as KM2000 said you should be multifaceted.....

trance, vocal trance, progressive, all kinds of dance music that gets your booty shakin..lol......I like hip hop too and that is what my friends listen too so I am going to try and work with that this time around too......they want me to come over and dj house parties this summer for them which is fun as you can party and dj.....lol....

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws