over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much are u guys LEG PRESSING

nuteboy

Registered
How heavy do you guys go when on the leg press? The reason I'm asking is that I've been so use to doing 24 plates ( 45) for 20 or 25 reps.

I never go any heavier. My legs get very pumped because I've already done leg extensions and squats.

I don't use wraps and just have gotten so use to the same old thing when I do leg press. I'd do four sets with my last set being 24 plates for 25 reps.

Sometimes I'm just too damn lazy and just used to the same old thing.

So what are some of you guys doing leg press wise? How heavy?

Not sure how heavy I can go but I know the same old thing has to change.

luv leg presses

nuteboy said:
How heavy do you guys go when on the leg press? The reason I'm asking is that I've been so use to doing 24 plates ( 45) for 20 or 25 reps.

I never go any heavier. My legs get very pumped because I've already done leg extensions and squats.

I don't use wraps and just have gotten so use to the same old thing when I do leg press. I'd do four sets with my last set being 24 plates for 25 reps.

Sometimes I'm just too damn lazy and just used to the same old thing.

So what are some of you guys doing leg press wise? How heavy?

Not sure how heavy I can go but I know the same old thing has to change.

fav leg movement, get up to 17 x 45 lbs plates on each side for 10-12 reps, fav movement for quads.
gooey

I can press up to 12 plates a side , usually reps of 12 .
GEEEZ Gooey take it easy lol 17 plates wow :eek:

pumpputnam said:
I'm too fat to leg press. My gut won't allow my legs to complete a full range of motion. Seriously... where's the love for squats? Leg press???

i dont like to do legs,but yeh i would say squats and hecksquats would be my favorite.

jerrywear, I thought your fav was the walking lunge or did you just do them to make me happy? :D

Immortal

grrr

pumpputnam said:
I'm too fat to leg press. My gut won't allow my legs to complete a full range of motion. Seriously... where's the love for squats? Leg press???

as soon as I get done with my "kentucky" and ridin the dooly I'll show u who the OG fatkid is. Just wannabees here!!!
gooey

Jerry and Gooey you two ain't bullshitting. I have something to motivate me now. I'm going to try with 15 a side and see how many reps I can get out of that.

I have pics of me on the leg press but pics are too big. Anyone knows how to resize? If so I can email the pics to you. Thanks.

( note - that's why this post is in the photos section)

remember this though....

One of my mentors and very dear friends told me this once "Its not how much weight you use, its how you use the weight." If your legs respond well to higher rep lower weight then do that, but if they respond better to heavier weights then go that route. We are all different in how we feel and percieve things sometimes, its best to find the best route for you. For instance some say u havent done legs till you puke, I dont believe in that. I dont need to squat till I puke to see changes and growth. Also, in my expereinces with school and the research of muscle stimulation and contraction the human body will only fire the needed amount of nuerons to make the muscle contract to lift a 20 lbs dumbell. Lets just say it only needs to fire about 30% of the biceps humorous to lift a 20 lbs dumbbell but for a 80 lbs dumbbell curl it would need to fire a greater amount of neurons to stimulate more muscle to contract in proportion to the 80 lbs dumbbell being a heavier weight. Meaning that if you want to recruit more muscle fiber during contraction during weight training one would have to use a weight or resistance that would require a larger amount of muscle fibers to move.
gooey

The legpress i use have a maximum of 27 plates(540kg, 1188lbs), anymore than that it starts to squeak and cave in. Its an old legpress.
I've done that for 15 reps legs all the way against stomach with slow eccentric phase. Now i prefer to use the hacklift, the legpress takes alot of time to load and unload, and i'm lazy so its easier that way.

When I was 19 or 20 I was leg pressing 1200 for 6-7 reps, but I haven't had access to a leg press since then. And I just turned 31.

at a body weight of 175lbs i used 20 plates (900lbs) for 8 sets of 12-15 reps and took a plate off and did a drop set on my last one gettign 4-6 reps on each plate dropped..so i guess you could call it a 10 drop set..

The thing is i see most 80% of guys doing leg press with a 1/4 - 1/2 lowering range and call it a rep...i brought the plateform all the way down till it bottomed out then i pressed from there..well past the 90' range they say..it was more like a 120' my legs looked more like a V then a square corner...

the deeper the better i felt..at 5ft 6 175lbs i had 31 in thighs and 19 in calves at 9%..now that i am 37years old and my knees are shot and do not go past 90 and that still hurts...still got the size,shape and look but not the strength..good luck guys you can have the heavy weights...LOL ;)

Me? Well iv NEVER done leg press as my first and primary exercise so i dunno my max. I also never leg pressed for strength. I ALWAYS free squat or front squat first in my workout, recently added smith squats cuase they feel pretty good and hit from a diff angle. so...

Iv never gone above 11 plates per side for a very slow strict deep 10 reps WITH my knees flared carefully as i feel it hits the sweep VERY well after legs are pumped from squatting. On leg press you can push more weight than any other exercise, i dont see the point in potentially injuring yourself with TONS of weight when you can exhaust the quads with a different exercise first, use leg press as 2nd or 3rd exercise in your rotation, and STILL lift pretty damn heavy weight.

I think people loading up the leg press is just an ego thing trying to be macho .... IMO, use it to grow, not to show (off)

I can only do 12 plates total, 6 on each side.

The plates are 100's though :D

I feel bad for all of you have to unload all those 45's.

i never go beyond 90 degrees

bigbaldbulldog said:
at a body weight of 175lbs i used 20 plates (900lbs) for 8 sets of 12-15 reps and took a plate off and did a drop set on my last one gettign 4-6 reps on each plate dropped..so i guess you could call it a 10 drop set..

The thing is i see most 80% of guys doing leg press with a 1/4 - 1/2 lowering range and call it a rep...i brought the plateform all the way down till it bottomed out then i pressed from there..well past the 90' range they say..it was more like a 120' my legs looked more like a V then a square corner...

the deeper the better i felt..at 5ft 6 175lbs i had 31 in thighs and 19 in calves at 9%..now that i am 37years old and my knees are shot and do not go past 90 and that still hurts...still got the size,shape and look but not the strength..good luck guys you can have the heavy weights...LOL ;)

call it cheating or a partial but for the same reason u mentioned I will not bend my knees farther then that. I never squat and always do a a leg press or hack squat machine but never a full barbell squat and my legs have grown like weeds. Its all in the feel and how u connect that mind to muscle interaction. I want to keep my knees so I do not go down all the way.

gooey said:
call it cheating or a partial but for the same reason u mentioned I will not bend my knees farther then that. I never squat and always do a a leg press or hack squat machine but never a full barbell squat and my legs have grown like weeds. Its all in the feel and how u connect that mind to muscle interaction. I want to keep my knees so I do not go down all the way.
My theory also - but then again, I'm ONLY 52 and still going :)

same here.i never go down more then the upper quad hitting my stomach.all this full range of motion stuff only got me a torn pec,torn quad(partial),torn hamstring,and very hurtfull joints:( i move the weight enough and im growing just fine.if i feel any strain in my knees or any joint i wont go beyond that.partial rep or not i listen to my body.it was sceaming at me when i was younger and i wouldnt listen.now i have no choice or i will be sitting on the couch:)
later

um well

if you train your legs one leg at a time they will grow faster!!!!!

2-3 plates 15 reps 4 sets

think about it when do you ever put the same amount of weight on both legs at the same time? you don't!!

builtbig

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity