over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I AM RETIRING FROM PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys saw 5'6" but missed the part where he was slow as cold mollasses and couldnt dribble and couldnt shoot.

Would you be telling Sproles "reach for your dreams" if he ran a 40 in 6.7 seconds and couldnt bust thru a paper bag at a full run?

That doesnt relate to Heinz in the least...it relates to that post where this whole thing originated where the question was asked "do i have what it takes to be pro"....and people took simple factors such as genetics, symmetry and super supplements at an elite level and instead let their ego's get involved with "you are telling me not to chase my dreams!"......chase your dream but have a sense of reality especially in a sport that is so heavily dependant on genetics.

As for Heinz.....I said it in that deleted post and in the above posts...I think an IFBB pro card is an incredibly hard accomplishment and he has my utmost respect for achieving it. He has turned it into financial success with training and sponsorships. But......I can see B-boys point in.....why take health risks to place 16th if you already have a pro card and thats what is the bigtime draw?! If Heinz wants to tell B-boy and myself "Well its because i love to compete no matter what the placing, its just want i love to do"....Im fine with that.
Heinz had a friend that died one or two years ago from heart problems if i remember right and it was mentioned he was abusing himself.....but not even competing.....now why is that questioned but to ask Heinz something of a similiar ilk totally off?

Is Heinz going to prosper financially from mega polypharmacy from the proceeds of placing high in bodybuilding contests or is Heinz going to prosper financially from just that fact that he is an IFBB pro bodybuilder which he is and can be 24/7 with that pro card to prove it with safe moderate usage? In my opinion its #2 but if you guys feel he should keep trying for the gold (with all that entails) then you have your opinion that I must consider also.

I see what you're saying. Buy to answer your last paragraph, i think only Heinz should judge if he should or not. Im not gunna openly embarrass him by telling him he should retire, espcially if i myself lack any major show victories and much less pro-card. Not talking about you Dante, just all of us in general. The day i win the olympia I'll go ahead and criticize every other pro, but while i keep trying to get a pro-card at the nationals and failing i will keep my mouth shut.

Do those aspiring pro's who questioned Heinz's reasoning for competing REALLY think they could make a dent in the pro's if they were to somehow get their card..........................I understand the health concerns in question, but the whole "why compete if you can't win" is contradicting because that's exactly what you'll be doing if you earn your card.

I think you guys saw 5'6" but missed the part where he was slow as cold mollasses and couldnt dribble and couldnt shoot.

Would you be telling Sproles "reach for your dreams" if he ran a 40 in 6.7 seconds and couldnt bust thru a paper bag at a full run?

lol its was just a mugsy boges joke.....lol

DC, I have alot of respect for you and Big Boy. I agree with alot of things you say. Heinz, maybe you are right about him, but it is his dream and his body. I guess he will live out his dreams, until he figures out something different. The subject has got to him, so usally I, personally would not drive a nail in his coffin, so to speak. I not saying I disagree with you, I just don't like to kick someone who is down. I, myself use to be hard headed, you can tell me something, but usally I would learn it through the school of hard knocks.

ok but people here are confusing something bigtime....when im talking about hypothetically having a son who has big dreams but not the skills to get to the NBA im referencing the previous post "do i have what it takes to be pro" and all that subject entails because that is where this thread came from.....im not talking about Heinz at all in that context. Heinz has a pro card-I couldnt talk about him in that context because he has made it to a point 99% of people in this sport havent.......my whole example was "i would like to see alot of people in this sport approach it with a little more reality......go look in the mirror.....does that reflection show you something that resembles a physique that could stand next to Phil Heath's roundness or Jay Cutlers mass onstage someday" ....regardless of the answer, be the best bodybuilder you can possibly be but with sincere reality in mind of what your unique genetics can accomplish.

For some reason people see me write this above and one thought comes to their head which is "Screw you Dante, you will never get stop me from achieving my dreams!"

Last edited:
Hey Big Heinz, I been reading your posts for a long time and I can tell you have a big heart for the sport. I hope you don't leave and I can keep reading your experiences and advice in the sport.

I think maybe some guys may be expressing concerns for health,etc in ways that may come across rude but they may not mean it that way.

I don't know what the hell is going on around here lately with all this hostility. I don't know where this thread came from because I don't know where the remarks b-boy made came from. But the point of this thread is that Heinz is leaving the board. That's what he's saying. He's leaving because he felt offended. Maybe hurt. Who knows. I don't think you need to be a road scholar to see that the post was pretty brutal. I know it would have floored my ass because b-boy is a guy that I like and respect. Doggcrap, I see that you brought up the "what does it take to be pro" thread. If you read through that thread, a lot of people were saying some pretty nasty shit. Things that made you think that in order to be a professional BBer that you had to sell drugs, go into debt, wreck your health, etc. Go read it. It's all there. Is that what you think? Is that where these unrealistic people are heading?

Yet here's where I find myself scratching my head. If you and others are backing and rallying behind b-boy (as I am as well, love you man!) then aren't you steering him into a life of misery, debt, sickness, gay-for-pay, etc. All that bullshit that people were saying in that other thread? It was pretty rough. Pathetic actually. Certainly didn't get me pumped.

This is Professional Muscle. Aren't we all trying to be at least as professional as we can be? Why the hell would anyone want to discourage anyone for any reason? Just so they won't be let down when they see they can't make it? That's their decision. Who cares if it's delusional? Half the people in this world are deluded - thinking they are going to be a huge success when the numbers say they will not. So what???

Is that what we do now? Go around illuminating everyone to the fact that they will not make and are being completely unrealistic? I don't think we should do that. I know you don't believe that. And even if we do, it can be personal and private and done with some grace and some tact. You just don't go charging around dashing everyones hopes and then pat yourself on the back for saving them from some horrible fate and guaranteed let-down. I know you're not a pro but you train people and have contributed a lot to this sport. You profit and make your living from these same poor, unrealistic bastards.

You know, you should be careful what you preach to your target market. They might just start taking your word for it you know?

Heinz, I apologize openly for not being more vigilant in seeing these posts. Normally we don't talk to people around here like that but lately people have been pretty rough. I'd like you to stay around and the guys sure seem to like you contribution as you can see. The only problems seem to be coming from your peers and I don't know what that's all about. Maybe as another member said, "People just resent it." - you being a pro that is. Well let them resent it. That's on them. You live your life.

Check your PMs.

OTH

I apologize if I offended anybody, but just to make it clear ... my remark had nothing to do with Heinz ... he is one of the few that did actually make it ... not the people I was referring too.

i will say, HEINZ has takin a beatin on the boards the past few months...

from suck up the hurricane, quit looking for handouts...

you suck why compete
your only pro cause the UK or wherever card was rec'd...maye true...but it is what it is...he an IFBB..
and quite blaming people (palumbo ect) for not coming in and placing...

i agree with DC... some reality is NEEDED....but with respect...

phats

If you read through that thread, a lot of people were saying some pretty nasty shit. Things that made you think that in order to be a professional BBer that you had to sell drugs, go into debt, wreck your health, etc. Go read it. It's all there. Is that what you think? Is that where these unrealistic people are heading?

Please don't kill me Ouch, but if you read Phil's post on the last page of that thread (and he has talked about this a lot before too) you see that he too said your health will take a beating, as well as your personal relationships, etc. And Phil is the top pro here, a guy who really DID have what it takes to be at the very top.

I know it's negative but can't the backside of this sport be discussed?

This post that Heinz mentions is in no way the first time hes been disrespected on this site. I distinctly remember some really critical posts back when Heinz came on here asking for help right after the hurricane hit Texas. Some individuals were pretty harsh and unfair at that time. Ive seen this other occasions also. I can understand why he wants to leave here.
The thing is though, these negative posts are by far in the minority. All of us here respect you Heinz, and dont want to see you go. I suppose some of the critical posts made were done for the right reasons but just done in the wrong way. You do bring to the table much experience and a whole lot of heart. We can all see that you are a good person. I for one want you to stay, as do all of those that posted on this thread.

Dude be pround of your accomplishments. I think you made the biggest body transformation i've ever seen in my life. When you talk about the "pro" thing, here's how I look at it. It all depends how far you wanna go. Do you want to be top 10 on the olympia stage? If so, then its not gonna happen, but guess what, there is no other member on this board who can do that either. If your goal is to keep progressing then go for it. If you love the sport keep at it. I do agree that people should reconsider unrealistic goals. Im sorry but after your first 5years of training you'll know if you have a shot at the olypmia stage. Its all genetics.

AMEN MY BRUTHA... i certainly did not understand where the post came from in regards to heinz.. if heinz makes money from his chosen profession and understands the risks.. so be it.. why do we care?.. he is happy.. if a guy drives nascar and places last everytime but, yet still makes money and a living, should he stop because of the risks?? do people on the nascar boards tell him to stop because it is not worth the risk to place last? nope.. seems to be a bodybuilding thing.. yet heinz is making a living doing something he loves.. how many of us actually can say that??.. not many..

so people.. even though this a bodybuilding board and we are allowed to state what we feel. there is a thing called tact.. we are all adults and should treat people with respect.. it seems to be a dying commodity around here lately.. remember just because you "keep it real" does not mean that everyone else cares to hear it.. it is not excuse for lacking social skills.. it reminds me of the dave chapelle show when he did "when keeping it real goes wrong".. it does eventually..

so lets all ust get along and treat others like we want to be traeted ourselves.. most come here to unwind after a busy day.. they dont come here to get nailed down with all the negativity.. and if you all knew the amount of e mails and pms we get in this regard by members asking "what the hell happened to the board?" and " why is everyone so negative around here?".. you would see it is not just us saying it..

and remember bodybuilding is what ya make it.. if you let it harm your relationships ect.. then it will.. bodybuilding never made anyone do anything.. we have free will.. people make choices.. bodybuilding is not there twisting your arm... you have a choice.. my relationship or my bodybuilding career..

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OuchThatHurts
If you read through that thread, a lot of people were saying some pretty nasty shit. Things that made you think that in order to be a professional BBer that you had to sell drugs, go into debt, wreck your health, etc. Go read it. It's all there. Is that what you think? Is that where these unrealistic people are heading?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but imo I DO think that for many trying to make it to the top need to do whats in bold above me. Like it or not, many have to do this just to maintain bodybuilding as a hobby.

but, what i am saying fourthgen is that people make a choice.. bodybuilding does not make ya do it.. it does not make ya go into debt.. t does not make ya sell drugs ect ect.. the person choices that route to take.. bodybuilding does not hold a gun to your head.. it does not make ya sign divorce papers.. you could just say "i am going to make my marriage work and get a job and put this on the backburner"..but, some choice otherwise..

but, what i am saying fourthgen is that people make a choice.. bodybuilding does not make ya do it.. it does not make ya go into debt.. t does not make ya sell drugs ect ect.. the person choices that route to take.. bodybuilding does not hold a gun to your head.. it does not make ya sign divorce papers.. you could just say "i am going to make my marriage work and get a job and put this on the backburner"..but, some choice otherwise..

Yes I agree. But I would have to say bodybuilding unlike most other hobbies can become more of an obsession. Then your entire life revolves around the obsession. Its too hard to give the training %100 while working a full time job. I can def relate to those who sell drugs and jeprodize their health and I dont even compete. Unfortunately the sport takes A LOT, esp for those not blessed with genetics, so some people just gotta do what they gotta do. But I agree it doesnt make you do the negative things its a choice.

Without getting involved with the argument at all, I will say this.

Heinz, bro, please stay.

Please don't kill me Ouch, but if you read Phil's post on the last page of that thread (and he has talked about this a lot before too) you see that he too said your health will take a beating, as well as your personal relationships, etc. And Phil is the top pro here, a guy who really DID have what it takes to be at the very top.

I know it's negative but can't the backside of this sport be discussed?
LOL! I must write with way too much conviction or something. I can dig what you're saying Killerstack. But if you don't mind, I'd like to just run something by you. Indulge me for a moment. With all due respect to Phil because I truly think he has one of the best physiques in the world, no joke. But Phil didn't make it to the top. Actually, Phil's competitive career ended rather tragically. He seems to be happy and has a good life now but that wasn't always so. What I'm saying is that I love Phil's advice on how to train to get big but I'm certainly not going to take his advice on how to be a career bodybuilder. I'll also listen very carefully to him about what the lifestyle can do to your life because he has been there. Do you know how many people that wound up at rock bottom after achieving extreme success? I've known many.

My point had nothing to do with Phil. My point is you can't tell one person, "Be realistic, you'll never make it and if you do it will ruin your life" and tell another person "You have pro potential and you will make it". How can anyone know how things will turn out for anyone? Life is far too chaotic to predict anything with any reliability. Phil, Doggcrapp, I mentioned you in some of these posts but my intention was not to seem as I was talking as if you aren't here. I know you're here and will probably read this. I'm only writing any of this to try to communicate my thoughts and ideas. I hope no offense is taken. I was told once, erroneously, that I was behaving in a passive-aggressive manner. I have no need to be passive with any aggression because I feel no aggression.

FOURTHGEN.. i agree with everything you said but, again.. we can walk away from this at any time.. i have known at least 4 people who have sacrificed a marriage because of bodybulding.. silly.. and ten years from n ow they will tell that same thing.. they made a bad choice.. but, it was their choice.. bodybuilding did not make them do it.. but, you are right, it does become a bit of a obsession..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
scrawl
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner