over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I think this is a pretty extreme article from ESPN

They(media and public) just can't leave it alone. :rolleyes:

"They" (media/public) sound like a bunch of 10 years old girls crying over ________ .*LOL*

I wonder what percent of the media actually play a sport...or better yet played a sport that they report on?
I would step out of the crowd and say 10%. They pick on professional athlete specifically and athletic people in general because we were the ones that got all the attention, all the hot girls and in our spare time made fun of or picked on them. This is their way of getting back at us!

It really is Revenge of the Nerds!

Little F*&%ers!

If he had been on coke or meth and went to rehab they would be saying what a brave and heroic thing it is to be back on top.

I figured one day they sat there and decided to write about the 1-2% of kids who use steroids in high school and then make it seem like an epidemic that kids are commiting suicide left and right from steroid use while ignoring other drugs such as xanax, vicodin, extacy, etc which directly cause way more suicides but don't make good stories. Media really cares about the people not the money :)

I don't like our news, government, or culture anymore.

We aren't the best, most free. We're the land of "best of the worst".

Leave the fucking guy alone. If McGwire told me how to hit a baseball, I'd fucking listen.

A lie is a lie, even if everybody believes it. The truth is the truth, even if nobody believes it. In our country, you're only allowed to do what everybody else is doing. If you don't, then expect to get ridiculed.

Rx drugs abused from the doctor? FINE.
Drive drunk without getting caught? FINE.
Smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day? FINE.
Eat till you can't fit into clothes, then blame your problems on everybody else, then demand gastric bypass? FINE.

Take in hormones that allow your body to recover faster and improve your athletic performance? NOT FINE.
Smoke a joint? NOT FINE.

It's scary because people HONESTLY believe that some things are okay and other things aren't... even without any knowledge on the subject.

Some people are so fucking stupid. AAS does not replace athletic skill. If that were the case then anyone that juices could hit a baseball 500 ft. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Also, as I recall Mcguire juiced during the era where the steroid policy didn't exist and the fucking feds and media still want to go after his ass. Absolutely ludicrous. Leave the guy alone.

ive chosen to not watch baseball anymore for this reason, its fucking rediculous.

I don't like our news, government, or culture anymore.

We aren't the best, most free. We're the land of "best of the worst".

Leave the fucking guy alone. If McGwire told me how to hit a baseball, I'd fucking listen.

A lie is a lie, even if everybody believes it. The truth is the truth, even if nobody believes it. In our country, you're only allowed to do what everybody else is doing. If you don't, then expect to get ridiculed.

Rx drugs abused from the doctor? FINE.
Drive drunk without getting caught? FINE.
Smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day? FINE.
Eat till you can't fit into clothes, then blame your problems on everybody else, then demand gastric bypass? FINE.

Take in hormones that allow your body to recover faster and improve your athletic performance? NOT FINE.
Smoke a joint? NOT FINE.

It's scary because people HONESTLY believe that some things are okay and other things aren't... even without any knowledge on the subject.

Well spoken. I wish I could contribute, but you said it all. It is frightening and makes one wonder about the condition of things 10..20..50..100 years from now. My secret (I suppose not-so-secret now) fantasy is that they'll look back on us a century from now and say "can you believe they ate x but condemned y?? They had it ass-backwards." Don't mean to hijack your thread bro, hope I'm not too off topic. :)

People just hate to admit that some people are just better than them. The lie that we are all made equal has gone too deep into the public consciousness.
It is supposed to mean: Under the law we are equal. But genetics rule the rest.

Some people are just gifted, special and more talented than average. Average people hate to admit that EVEN WITH juice, 99.9% of the population could never reach the top echelons in a damned thing. Or they would be lining up to pin.

Would you risk your health for fame, women, 75 million bucks or maybe a Gold Medal at the Olympics. Count me in! Would you be the public's bad guy? Hell yes.

This is why I love bodybuilding: We can train, eat and medicate like the pro's and most will never make it. It is brutal and rational, but it's no lie. When I see some monster, I know he is better than me at bodybuilding. I know where I stand and it leaves me free to admire that freak as a pure hero of this sport.

It's sad that people don't know what they were seeing in McGwire, Sosa and Bonds. THREE(!) of the most talented people alive in their sport, ever, at the pinnacle of their ability at the SAME TIME!!! Astronomical odds against such a grouping. Sad.

Last edited:
From the article

"But he is today what he was in 2005 -- a coward, accepting a job he knows he does not deserve."

Whoever wrote this needs to watch the fuck out....Im not rocket scientist, but I do know u dont ever call a man the size of Big Mac a coward. I would love to see him juiced up again and knock this dudes face in.

I cant stomach how they treat some of these athletes with the AAS stigma.:mad: but some who do much worse things,,,some severe crimes,, are so easily forgiven.

haha dante stallworth just killed a person and i think he spent 1 day in jail and u never hear about it mcguire never hurt anyone he just took some aas to expand his natural talent and their still talkin about that 9 years later

so basically its cool to drive drunk and kill people but choosin to stick a needle in ur but is far worse:eek:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws