mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

In bodybuilding, what is the most important?

In bodybuilding, what is the most important?

• Genetics

Votes: 232 50.0%
  • Diet

Votes: 165 35.6%
  • Training

Votes: 23 5.0%
  • Anabolic Steroids

Votes: 44 9.5%

• Total voters
one of the guys in my class is huge, cut, vascular. he doesn't lift. he does eat a lot of meat. drinks a 6pack of beer every night. my body would go to hell if i lived like that... he told me when he was in prison he was 280. he's about 250 now. i'd guess about 6"3". african american super genetics. he could be a great bb if he applied himself... i vote genetics

My training partner is a gentic freak, we've trained together for three years. We consult each other on everything, he walks into any room and people stare. But he doesn't stay constant with everything. So slowly I'm bridging the gap. Once again if he was by the book on training, dieting, and aas. He would already be pro. So yes genetics are #1, but you can make up most of the gap by doing the other "three" by the book. But with all "four" your untouchable.

I voted genetics, but because it is out of people's control like rAJJIN mentioned, for most users outside of the cream of the crop, i'd put diet.

I agree with having a little (preferably a lot;) ) of each though:)

BMJ

1. Genetics: not only the ability to grow muscle but also strong joints and tendons and a good spine to allow you to train heavy without injury.
2. Motivation: if you are motivated you will be eager to learn, stick to your diet, train hard and use AAS.

But what if that Chicken was On Steroids and HGH :p
But then again Imagine if the eagle was On :eek:

thats exactly the point
you might be able to bridge the gap if the genetically gifted chose not to use anything
but if they do, theres no way the average can keep up with them

I guess theres one thing that gives the averages a chance still, the very gifted dont often give 100%, because why should they, if they can look good half assing everything.
Seen those people many times, and often thought, damn if only i had what they have... I bet most of you did too.

Last edited:
Where did you hear this? Do you really think this is anywhere close to being the truth? Please...

He talks about it on one of his workout videos. In the video he actually claimed that he trains so hard he cannot train more than 6 months a year. He then admitted that he lets his weight drop down into the low 200's the other 6 months while he plays in his band and goes clubing. Shows him bar hopping in the video at a minor fraction of his Olympia condition months after the Olympia. On No Bull radio he has been interviewed several times and said he NEVER trained more than 6 months a year. When Dave Palumbo said he can't remember the last time he ran into Kevin and he didn't have a drink in his hand, Levrone admitted he has always had a bit of a drinking problem. Kevin is a very honest guy and it shows in his videos and his interviews. He was one of the greatest Olympia contenders of all time. He just didn't bust his ass like others 365 days a year. He didn't have to. You can't hold it against the guy for having some of the greatest genetics of all time.:)

Where did you hear this? Do you really think this is anywhere close to being the truth? Please...

Do I believe it to be true..........I'm not sure? Would a Mr Olympia contender claim he only trains 6 months a year and then actually bust his ass the other 6 months in secret? Why lie about it:confused:

It would have to be one massive conspiracy to keep it secret that Levrone really trained his ass off and never went out to clubs in Maryland. Why lie about the fact you train hard all year round? The topic of him training 6 months a year, how small he gets in the offseason, his drinking habits, his band life, him trying to break into hollywood.......these have all been the topic of bodybuilding website discussion for the last 10 years. I don't ever even remember anyone questioning it until now, especially since he admits to it.:eek: He is very open about it in the interviews. As a matter of fact he is pissed the Flex Wheeler is now claiming the title as the greastest natural freak ever. Levrone says he could beat Wheeler without using gear because his genetics are that much better. MD was trying to pony up money for the two to compete against one another naturaly.

with all the motivation in the world, a chicken cannot become an eagle

:rolleyes:

You can have all the genetics in the world, if you don't drag your sorry ass to the gym "once in a while" to lift with a minimum intensity, you won't go very far in this sport...

And sorry, vadim, but pushing yourself to not even the limits but still to a certain level of "insanity", requires motivation. And more than a little.

Same with diet. Don't you think that eating the same boring meals day after day, month after month, basically all the time require a little faith?

And yeah, I guess it's just for fun that those genetic freaks pin themselves day in and day out. They must have been preached the values of acupuncture. :cool:

I voted diet as no matter what genetics you have if you don`t eat enough you ain`t gonna be a big boy, diet is where most people fall flat on their faces IMO.

i also have to vote diet

think about it, you could have the best genetics on earth, train your ass off, take all the AAS made, but without proper food you wouldnt grow. its impossible to grow without food, where do you think the tissues in your body come from? magic? water? air? - no they are formed from the foods you eat. crap diet = no growth no matter what.

**said person who takes AAS, trains, and with the good genetics will be VERY ripped tiny person without proper food lol

Enjoying what you do.

Not everyone can look like Mr. O. Even without the superior genetics if you can take your shirt off at the beach and have something to be proud of you must have at least some component working for you. Self-confidence keeps me going.

i also have to vote diet

think about it, you could have the best genetics on earth, train your ass off, take all the AAS made, but without proper food you wouldnt grow. its impossible to grow without food, where do you think the tissues in your body come from? magic? water? air? - no they are formed from the foods you eat. crap diet = no growth no matter what.

**said person who takes AAS, trains, and with the good genetics will be VERY ripped tiny person without proper food lol

well if you want to go to the extreme like that you could argue that someone with a fatal birth defect would never survive to have a chance at growing... its a trick question. we need genetics and diet... and air

all of it. everything you listed . born with good building blocks goes a long way.

TRAINING IS MOST IMPORTANT!

Think about it.

Choose only one of the variables listed and then tell me which one makes the biggest difference by itself.

Eat Right- you may look trim and fit but you won't be muscular

Genetics- look at Dorian (or whoever) before he started working out

Drugs- give someone who doesn't workout 500mgs of test and then tell me what he looks like ten weeks later

At the heart of it is training, if we don't lift we'll not look nearly as good. Do all the tings listed on the list except work out and then tell me what you look like.

:rolleyes:

well if you want to go to the extreme like that you could argue that someone with a fatal birth defect would never survive to have a chance at growing... its a trick question. we need genetics and diet... and air

what do u mean we need air? i have gills......

if this is abnormal please let me know XD

what do u mean we need air? i have gills......

if this is abnormal please let me know XD

On a side note, I dropped some keys off of one of my friends yachts last summer, I'd like to have 'em back.

Help me out? :confused:

:)

Large amounts of steroids:D

Genectics? Look at the BB's of the 50' 60's 70's, Is there that many more Genectically gifted people walking around today? Training? I see guys that train their ass off at the gym, and get no where. Diet? While Michael Phelps eats more calories than most of us, and he isn't big. AAS? I see kids in the gym on them, that don't have any muscle quality at all. Phidias, you included motivation and that is a key factor. IMO, you need each one to be the absolute best, you can be. Of course, if you want to be as old as Emeric, and be healthy, then you better put things in prespective.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
cam2435
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity