over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first time I ran Slin I went with what felt the “simplest” to me and what would fit into my trainging and work schedule along with timing of my meals. Insulin is perfectly safe when used correctly - but obviously you need to be able to use correctly with your lifestyle. That’s how I would approach it - make sense?
Simple is the way to go MOST of the time with this lifestyle. People overthink this shit wayyy too much

Simple is the way to go MOST of the time with this lifestyle. People overthink this shit wayyy too much
Agreed but I wasn’t even going that far with that point. I just want guys to make sure their gear life fits into their real life - not the other way around. Unless you’re a pro and it’s your livelihood. Goes back to my point about traveling with gear as well…

Agreed but I wasn’t even going that far with that point. I just want guys to make sure their gear life fits into their real life - not the other way around. Unless you’re a pro and it’s your livelihood. Goes back to my point about traveling with gear as well…
I agree with that as well brother.

And this is where Collete and Harris differ if I'm understanding correctly
Fundamentally, where Justin and Collette seem to differ is that Collette is arguing that preserving beta-cell function is the #1 maximal priority, and believes things like "once your fasting glucose is over 100, you've lost beta cell function", while Justin believes that the majority of glucose tolerance issues that non-diabetic bodybuilders experience is at the tissue level and unrelated to beta-cell function.

That's a pretty big fundamental discrepancy, and they both claim that the science backs them up on this. I can't say one way or another based on that.

Collette takes this one step further and argues that because of the above, short-acting insulin is pointless.

I regularly wake up with BG around 105, but my A1C is 4.7. Checking blood glucose as a measure of your insulin sensitivity is obsolete except for one instance.
In my opinion, the only valuable way to use blood glucose as a metric is to make sure your last meal has cleared before eating again. When you're really pushing the food, its important to do this if you want to stay lean.
If my BG is over 95 when it's time to eat the next meal, I'll add 2-3ius of humalog, wait 10 minutes, then eat. That way I don't get fat.

So I've been spending the day reading about insulin. Not new to it myself but it's one thing that everytime I research it I come out more confused than when I started as there's so many varying opinions.

Ie. Two very smart people. Colette nelson and Justin Harris.

Colette- use basal insulin as soon as fasted blood glucose rises above 90. Also pre workout and pwo insulin serves no purpose. There's also no negative feedback loop to using insulin.

Justin- only use insulin on high days and use metformin etc for insulin sensitivity. Continued insulin usage will cause insulin resistance.

Then we have luki using pre and pwo and says stay away from basal insulin (from my understanding from your postings luki)

Then also @danieltx with his protocols...

I sit here now and I'm like.. ok.. so what in the fuck is the answer? It seems so easy with everything else as There's normally one clear cut answer. Ie.

Aas- take them in whatever amount you can handle

hgh- as much as you can afford or handle

Then with insulin everyone has an opinion that varys greatly it seems. And again, these are highly regarded people.

I get its a balancing act, have to keep insulin sensitivity etc or else they all fuck you in the end.. but like do we not even fuck with metformin and just use basal insulin? Fuck the pre workout and pwo slin?

or use metformin/berberine, use slin only on high days? Or only pre and post on training days?

Am I missing something here?
error - recommends using long insulin but in a high dose 1 max 2 x a week

I regularly wake up with BG around 105, but my A1C is 4.7. Checking blood glucose as a measure of your insulin sensitivity is obsolete except for one instance.
In my opinion, the only valuable way to use blood glucose as a metric is to make sure your last meal has cleared before eating again. When you're really pushing the food, its important to do this if you want to stay lean.
If my BG is over 95 when it's time to eat the next meal, I'll add 2-3ius of humalog, wait 10 minutes, then eat. That way I don't get fat.
quite seriously - do you check your sugar before every meal...?

Depends on the food that day. Highest I go is 15 pre and post on high days. That covers 400g carbs in that workout window.

175g carbs pre
50g carbs Intra
175g carbs post
Technically bro wouldn’t 300 grams carbs be enough to support 15iu + 15ius ?

quite seriously - do you check your sugar before every meal...?
But I think it's smart for people to check regularly at first. To get a guage on how fast a typical meal clears for that particular person.

But I think it's smart for people to check regularly at first. To get a guage on how fast a typical meal clears for that particular person.
in my opinion, it makes no sense because after so many years of experience, I can really tell what sugar I have more or less at a given moment, just like, for example, determining the level of estrogen without blood tests and in 95% of cases I always get very close

in my opinion, it makes no sense because after so many years of experience, I can really tell what sugar I have more or less at a given moment, just like, for example, determining the level of estrogen without blood tests and in 95% of cases I always get very close
Of course. You're a seasoned vet who's been doing this for a long time. You're a lot more in- tune with your body than most.
Most people can't tell if their BG is still high from the last meal and everyone metabolizes at different rates. Over the long term, eating big meals when your BG is still high is a recipe for fat gain. So it makes perfect sense for those people

This is kind of how I understood it as well. The goal is to bring BG down as far as we can with insulin (without going hypo) before the next meal. This keeps you lean.

Doesn't Justin say use only a few times a week because more can cause insulin resistance? I thought this was an old way of thinking and now it's said that it is GH that causes insulin resistance, not exogenous insulin?

Of course. You're a seasoned vet who's been doing this for a long time. You're a lot more in- tune with your body than most.
Most people can't tell if their BG is still high from the last meal and everyone metabolizes at different rates. Over the long term, eating big meals when your BG is still high is a recipe for fat gain. So it makes perfect sense for those people

it all depends on how high the sugar is. whether it will be 85 or 115 you will not feel the difference when it comes to muscle mass gain. Many trainers believe that in the offseason blood sugar levels will be elevated, but this will not negatively affect muscle building

Doesn't Justin say use only a few times a week because more can cause insulin resistance? I thought this was an old way of thinking and now it's said that it is GH that causes insulin resistance, not exogenous insulin?

Yes, this is what Justin says. Use insulin 1-2x per week on high days. Short acting slin normally employed every other meal. No basal.

If/ when I ever begin to show signs of insulin resistance, I'll probably drop both and stop this lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear