over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is it really cheating?????? Your Thoughts

fireazm

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ok so I know this has probally been discussed before but i wanted to know your oppinions on if you think performance enhancing is cheating?
My thoughts are,... people always fukin bitch and complaining about ohhh Barry Bonds used steroids to hit all those home runs. Mark Maguire did also, Lance Armstrong did...... It cheats the game, people should do it naturally, blah blah blah. Really people? You are gonna cry and complain because someone is better than you at something because they are taking a drug that makes them better... Does Testosterone help you hit a ball more accurately? NOPE. Does it make Lance Armstrong peddle faster. If you are gonna bitch and complain about how it cheats the game and isnt fair. Let me give you some advice..... life isnt fair. There is a reason for these drugs and whoever wants to use them, its their right and its their health. If you wanna be better at something do something about it. Sorry but people do illegal stuff all the time. Smoking with the car windows up with their 2 yr old in the carseat unbuckled, drinking and driving..... People need to grow up.

ok sorry about my rant ... had to get it off my chest

Well my opinion is if you compete in a sport that prohibits certain drugs and then you take them... yes it's cheating.

I think you meant Floyd Landis, Lance hasn't tested positive for anything or admitted any drug use.(not saying I know he's clean but... innocent until proven guilty IMO)

true

I respect your oppinion but do I think Lance did them? Ehhh how many Tour De Frances does he have? Like 4 or something crazy.
If a sport prohibits it and people do it... hmm
well in society my friend, things are prohibited all the time, and Im sure you know companies dont drug test for anabolic steroids, i highly doubt Microsoft or Apple does, but people still do it,
I bet there are soooo many NFL players who havent been caught yet its crazy.

Floyd Landis is an idiot and a rat that needs his butt stomped. He tested over the limit for testosterone in the middle of the Tour... apparently did a big shot of suspension to get up a mountain, is my guess, no telling what else he did. Anyone who gets caught and sqeals on a fellow competitor, true or false, is sub-human in my book.

If you compete in an organization that has a list of banned substances, don't use them. You are cheating if you do. Bodybuilders and powerlifter have choices. We have governing bodies like the NPC that to not ban performance enhancers, except in specific competitions that are promoted as such. That is where we should compete if we choose to gas up.

I don't compete anymore, but I still like enhancement. I love the extra strength and muscularity. That's just for me. I give no damn about anyone else's use or lack of.

I feel that it's cheating if the substances are being used in a tested event. "Natural bodybuilding" should be just that, though we all know that isn't always the case. I've been around bicycle racing for most of my life, and I can tell you that the use of performance enhancing compounds/protocols is HUGE in the sport, not just in the pro ranks but in the mid to upper level amateur races as well. As much as I believe that only drug free athletes should compete in tested events, the fact of the matter is that sports like bodybuilding and cycling will NEVER be drug free, and the people that cry, "Cheater!" every two minutes will have to realize this eventually and either do what it takes to win, or be proud of their "drug free" status but realize that it may make them less effective in competition.

It´s cheating to do something you are not allowed to do and nobody is doing it... but the same substances are used by everybosy so...

Ever heard "If your not cheating, your not trying" ;)

I respect your oppinion but do I think Lance did them? Ehhh how many Tour De Frances does he have? Like 4 or something crazy.
If a sport prohibits it and people do it... hmm

That's the biggest issue when it comes to some people cheating. If you ARE clean (and I have no idea whether Lance was or wasn't), no one will believe you. So it's damned if you do, damned if you don't...

If you compete in an organization that has a list of banned substances, don't use them. You are cheating if you do.

That's the bottom line. But how you react to that is up to you. When I was in grad school, we signed an ethics rule that we would never cheat on at-home exams (ie, use your notes, internet, or book). I was among the top 2 or 3 students in an advanced corporate finance class. Yet when we took the first take-home exam, I was DEAD LAST in grades. Almost everyone else got >=95% on their exam. Did I think people cheated? Absolutely. Did I "cheat" next exam? No. But it happened again. So then I did. And suddenly I was "equal" with the rest of the class. Years later, all my classmates will say "sure, technically we cheated, but..."

So that's another downside. A person who might be among the best suddenly isn't, and almost has to cheat to be competitive. Do you have to? No. But you run the risk of being marginalized. If you are going to ban substances, make sure no-one can get around it, then the field is level. And that may be impossible...

Well my opinion is if you compete in a sport that prohibits certain drugs and then you take them... yes it's cheating.

I think you meant Floyd Landis, Lance hasn't tested positive for anything or admitted any drug use.(not saying I know he's clean but... innocent until proven guilty IMO)

exactly...

IMO all the olympic athletes and biker guys use PED's. Just watch bigger faster stronger. I think they should legalize it in certain sports. Look at what is really performance inhancing... LASIK eye surgery is a performance enhancer and its legal. If they cant make money on it then its illegal. Alcohol and tobacco is legal b/c they make billions of dollars a year on both.

so since Lance has an enlarged heart since child hood , should he be allowed to race or is that cheating?

if all the people saying "cheater" would take the same as Lance he would still destroy everyone.

we all want to be better, but no drug or dope in the world will make a second or third place finisher a champion ! Guaranteed!

and while they are at it they might want to drug test second and third also!

Of course Lance has used PEDs. There is zero doubt.

Long but interesting interview with a doping expert regarding Lance:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

THANK YOU... they all have used PED's

So what about people who are geneticly gifted? Armstrong and Phelps both are know to have traits that prevent them from building as much lactic acid , seems to me like that sure the hell would help in an endurance sport. What about the "worlds strongest toddler" this kid has a myostatin abnormality so he is going to end up way stronger than everybody else his age , is it unfair to ban him from any powerlifting comps as a kid cause surely he won't be matched till the next genetic anomly comes along.

but yes in my oppinion if the rules say you can't take X,Y and Z and you do anyway then your cheating.

I think its stupid to worry about it with any professional sports though , these guys make millions to entertain us , who the fuck cares to watch a baseball game where everybody hits the same , you throw in a frea like bods to bangs one out of the park and ALOT more people show up to see it.

Personaly I think they should stop testing pro players , let the NFL juice their livers out , get stronger and fatser then eventualy some poor bastard is gonna get killed on the field and you know what the rateings will triple!! , violence sells , its like watching Nascar , you don't watch it to see some dumbshit drive around in a circle for 500 miles at 200mph , you watch it wating for a wreck. If their wern't any wrecks you could watch a whole race in 8 seconds , just flush a hand full fo skittles down the toilet !!

IMO all the olympic athletes and biker guys use PED's. Just watch bigger faster stronger. I think they should legalize it in certain sports. Look at what is really performance inhancing... LASIK eye surgery is a performance enhancer and its legal. If they cant make money on it then its illegal. Alcohol and tobacco is legal b/c they make billions of dollars a year on both.

I agree and find the banned substances lists to be absurd. they believe steroids inflate stats unnaturally. what about cortisone shots that are given on the sidelines/locker rooms that allow players to continue playing when they otherwise couldn't. there is no faster working nor effective performance enhancer than that. or many of the other pain killers that are used. people see only what they want to. they have been told certain things are evil and they believe it. women run the risk of reproductive problems from use of certain birth control methods but nobody cares about that side effect.

I think they should be allowed in the Olympics. I would be more fun watching super-humans! As far a bodybuilding competitions, if you compete in tested events then stay natural, if you compete in non-tested events then you have a green light to do whatever and it is not cheating at all!

Steroids are against the rules in the IFBB.

Goddamn cheaters.

I agree and find the banned substances lists to be absurd. they believe steroids inflate stats unnaturally. what about cortisone shots that are given on the sidelines/locker rooms that allow players to continue playing when they otherwise couldn't. there is no faster working nor effective performance enhancer than that. or many of the other pain killers that are used. people see only what they want to. they have been told certain things are evil and they believe it. women run the risk of reproductive problems from use of certain birth control methods but nobody cares about that side effect.

tHANK YOU... your only suppose to have 3 cortisone shots your whole life... Cortisone never leaves your body... was told by a triner... correct me if im wrong...

**broken link removed**

WOW... everyone read this interview... good stuff

Cheating?

I think that if it's prohibited under the rules and guidelines they follow then yes it is cheating but if it's not regulated then everyone has the same opportunity.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear